Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beefstorm
Jul 20, 2010

"It's not the size of the tower. It's the motion of the airwaves."

Lipstick Apathy

I'm gonna take a guess and say that tmobile is not paying installment payoffs as part of this ETF thing? I'm trying to work out switching.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beefstorm
Jul 20, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Went into t-mobile to inquire about plans, left with a job interview.

Beefstorm
Jul 20, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Now a T-Mobile customer working for AT&T in a store. The irony hasn't quite hit yet.

Beefstorm
Jul 20, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Insane Totoro posted:

It's probably still more expensive than TMo. SOMEHOW

Not quite. You have to provide your own equipment. Which is expensive as all hell.

Beefstorm
Jul 20, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

ryangs posted:

If anyone is wondering about the free CellSpot router, which is essentially the very highly-rated Asus RT-68U, I posted my experience here.

When it arrived in the mail, I was ecstatic. I was like, "Wait, they are giving out one of the highest rated routers on the market?"

Also, isn't HD Voice supposed to work over it? Because it hasn't yet.

Beefstorm
Jul 20, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

goku chewbacca posted:

Has anyone figured out how to purchase a CellSpot WiFi router for $99? The sale page is no longer listed on TMo's website, and I don't want to have to activate a Prepaid plan if they're still only sending them to Postpaid customers for a $25 deposit.

I think you can just go into a store and do it.

I just called customer care and they sent me one. They waved the deposit too! I didn't even ask.

But either method should allow you to purchase one.

Beefstorm
Jul 20, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Dr Tran posted:

I went to a store to get the the router. Instead got a signal booster. Tried to return it and the store couldn't take it.

T-Mobile has proper signal boosters? I was not aware of this. If it was the $25 deal, customer care should be able to assist your return of it.

Beefstorm
Jul 20, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Resonance22 posted:

Finding a T-Mobile store that will take my old T-Mobile phones for the ETF deal has been really frustrating. They all insist I bring in a Verizon phone (since I'm switching from Verizon). If I just do this online, I won't have any trouble from T-Mobile when I ship in my old T-Mobile phones, right?

I brought the oldest, shittiest flip phone I could find and he was like, "Sure, no problem."

Beefstorm
Jul 20, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Resonance22 posted:

Believe me, I've tried. I've went to several different t mobile stores several times each over the last 20 days and every single time they've refused to take my phones. The best I've gotten was "We don't care what carrier it's from as long as it's not T-Mobile."
I've given up on retail stores but am now crazy paranoid that T-Mobile online isn't going to take my phones and I'll be stuck with Verizon etf. Can anyone who's done it online and turned in tmobile phones reassure me?

Call them out on their BS. Sadly I don't have a better suggestion.

Beefstorm
Jul 20, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Super Dude posted:

I was planning on walking into a tmobile next week to grab a Nexus 6, then stick my Verizon sim card in it. Will I have an issue buying the phone if I don't use tmobile as my carrier?

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but that wont give you voice or text. Just data, since Verizon is CDMA.

Beefstorm
Jul 20, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Just got the Gear S Watch. Loving it. T-Mobile basically gave it to me for 0% financing through the installment plan. Also, it's only $5/month for service. That's awesome.

Beefstorm
Jul 20, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Doesn't AT&T have a patent on the concept of rollover? I wouldn't be surprised if they try to sue T-Mobile.

Beefstorm
Jul 20, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

So what exactly is the "SCORE!" program with prepaid accounts?

Beefstorm
Jul 20, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Kreeblah posted:

Well, this is interesting. T-Mo's expanding their free data thing in Canada and Mexico to add LTE service from your plan. Calls and texts, too (including things going to Canada and Mexico).

http://newsroom.t-mobile.com/media-kits/mobile-without-borders.htm

It's opt-in for existing folks, though.

How do you opt in?

Beefstorm
Jul 20, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

ryangs posted:

Is anyone else pissed off by the incredibly low domestic data roaming caps? When I'm on vacation in an area where I'm roaming on AT&T, I hit the 50MB limit almost immediately. (At least my cap is up to 100MB now that I'm on the 10GB family plan. Great.)

Is there any clever way around this? Or do I just need to learn to turn cellular data off when roaming?

This this this!

Like, I know it must cost them some money. But I can go to Canada with unlimited talk, text, and LTE? But I can't go to upstate New York without hitting the cap after a day?

Beefstorm
Jul 20, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

BrownieVK posted:

What would be the best plan for two lines, all I care about is at least 4GB of data me and my wife barely call or text. I'm probably going to grab two Moto G's and I would be dumping Sprint. T-Mobile doesn't have issues porting numbers over does it? Also any of you guys around the Pittsburgh/western PA area that can comment on the service coverage map looks good to me.
Thanks

Pittsburgh goon here. T-Mobile works pretty well. Pretty much as long as you are not going further north than Cranberry, further south than Washington, further east than Monroeville, or further west than the airport, you will be good. Outside of that zone, the service can be described best as "eh".

In other words, if you live in the greater Pittsburgh area, you are going to be just fine. Get the free iPhone for a week and test the service yourself.

Beefstorm
Jul 20, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Drythe posted:

If there's CPI on it you should tell T-Mobile so they get their employees straightened out.

For the uninitiated, CPI = Customer Proprietary Information. Basically any personal info T-Mobile has on you is considered CPI.

Beefstorm
Jul 20, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Daily Forecast posted:

I really doubt that employees get free phone service but do you at least get a cool discount?

Can't answer the rest of your questions. But my buddy who works for T-Mobile has told me they get 75% off they phone service.

Beefstorm
Jul 20, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

hiddenriverninja posted:

Will I be able to turn Binge On off and on at will, or is there a set time that I have to keep it one way or the other?

From what I understand you can turn it on and off at will. There is no time restriction except for unlimited users, who will lose out on their free movie every month.

Beefstorm
Jul 20, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Completely different topic;

I called into T-Mobile to see if the new plans were any better for me. The first guy said he could get 10gb for each line and the 5th line could still have unlimited. That, and $30 less per month.

I finished the call, confused, but confident. T-Mobile is typically good at offering good plans.

I called back just now to ask another rep and make sure the first rep wasn't crazy. Turns out he was. The rep said it would cost me $30 MORE per month, and the 5th line would lose unlimited. Double check if it's too good to be true my friends!

EDIT: Welp, I've learned my lesson.

Beefstorm fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Nov 17, 2015

Beefstorm
Jul 20, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

tonic posted:

Has anyone tried out the new LTE Cell Spot that T-mobile offers for a $25 deposit? The LTE service in my office is pretty spottty and I'm considering testing it out.

I have it. Calls are crystal clear. Except for this glaring problem of my voice dropping for the other person for 5 seconds at a time.

Beefstorm
Jul 20, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

PRADA SLUT posted:

Unlimited data for 3 months

I saw that. A bit random, but I will take it.

Beefstorm
Jul 20, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

repeating posted:

You can call in and report it. There's a process for that.

IIRC there is a number you can just forward the texts to to report them. I don't know what it is though.

Beefstorm
Jul 20, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Yeah that! 7726

Beefstorm
Jul 20, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

To Vex a Stranger posted:

JUMP 1 - $10 (changing to $12 a month in March. Kind of bullshit if you ask me, considering when I got it I was told "this is only $10" not "We may re-evaluate the CONTRACT you signed later and change the price").

So, I am kind of genuinely upset by this. Considering I pay more per month on my Galaxy S6 than someone who signs up now for JOD. Is there any benefit for being on the old Jump compared to JOD (other than insurance included)?

Beefstorm
Jul 20, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Eddain posted:

I just got a international S7 Edge (first Samsung phone). Is it supposed to say 4G or LTE when my data is active? I've been getting lovely speed compared to my Nexus 5 and can't figure out if it's the phone or congestion/outage in my area.

If it just says 4G and not LTE, its possible you are only connecting to HSPA+

Did you notify T-mobile about your change in device? Sometimes it's just the act of provisioning that will fix the problem.

Beefstorm
Jul 20, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Don Lapre posted:

You will get a new sim. Sims are not reused.

If you have a costco membership they can do free sims.

I did not know that about costco memberships... That is useful.

Beefstorm
Jul 20, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Steampunk Hitler posted:

If I'm planning on switching to Tmobile from AT&T with 5 lines, is there any likely benefit to waiting or is the current price likely to be approximately the best we're likely to see? I saw there was a Hookup promotion earlier in the year, is that something that TMobile regularly does or was it a rare one off?

From my experience, T-Mobile has been slowly increasing their pricing (or more accurately, removing promotions) for new accounts over the past couple years.

Can't guarantee anything, but now is most likely better than later.

Someone else, feel free to give a better analysis.

Beefstorm
Jul 20, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

So Iím an idiot and decided I actually want to keep the data plan for my watch. Except T-Mobile hosed up actually adding it to my plan and instead decided to just manually add 2 monthís worth of it on this upcoming bill since I wasnít billed for it last month. By adding it manually, the autopay discount doesnít kick in so I had to call in and find out why the gently caress my bill was $30 higher.

I got it adjusted in no time but still.

I've found T-Mobile is pretty good about honoring promotions, even when you weren't really eligible.

I was told my the sales rep that I could get a $500 rebate on an LG V30. Got a call a month later, "That was a BOGO offer."

They credited me $400 because I was told otherwise.

Beefstorm
Jul 20, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Setting up a business account with TMo. Requested a W9 to set them up as a vendor in our accounting system.

They can only provide me a W9 via snail mail. No PDF, no email, no download, just snail mail.

Seems like that's a bit of an oversight. But this complaint is only being read by goons, so nothing will come of it. :P

Beefstorm
Jul 20, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

utonium posted:

Good lawd, I just had a real scare. I logged into my My T-Mobile account on my browser to look at something or other, clicked on the Plan tab at the top, and saw a flashing warning that I had pending changes to my account. I only have one line with T-Mobile ONE, but it was showing that in 3 days, my $70 ONE account was being removed, and a new ONE at $120 was being added. Customer support said it was a family plan, but couldn't find when that change was requested.

I sure as poo poo never requested it, though. The last interaction I had was a little over a week ago when I added a port out passcode. But the CS rep canceled the pending change, it isn't showing up any more, and he agreed that it was loving weird.

T-Mobile said a little bit ago that they were going to force everyone on newer plans, but guaranteed that your price wouldn't go up if you didn't specifically request the change. Can't remember when they said it, but I feel like it was near the beginning of uncarrier.

Dunno if that is still valid, but you might want to talk to care and see what they can figure out.

Did you go to a store recently or something?

EDIT: YMMV but this is when they talked about preventing price hikes. https://www.theverge.com/2015/3/18/8249169/t-mobile-uncontract-announced

EDIT AGAIN: It says they guaranteed it for two years. So, just ignore me.

Beefstorm fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Mar 26, 2018

Beefstorm
Jul 20, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

My TMo rep delivered my tablets today, as well as a metric gently caress ton of Tmobile aprons and backpacks... :P

Beefstorm
Jul 20, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

FYI, if you have a T-Mobile account with only data devices and no voice lines, you can't sign up to My-TMobile.

I just filed a support case letting them know that this is broken.

Beefstorm
Jul 20, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Glass of Milk posted:

I just bought my wife the S9 (at full price, installments) last week: the 2-for-1 would be better for me- are they good about honouring the deals retroactively?

I know people here like to poo poo on customer service, but I would try calling them and asking if they can do anything.

I WAS NOT eligible for a promotion on a BOGO LG phone (turns out buying just one doesn't make it free, against what the rep said) and they credited me anyway.

YMMV

Beefstorm
Jul 20, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Wow, I hope that's just their Austria business and not a global issue.

Beefstorm
Jul 20, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

TraderStav posted:

Get your free year of Pandora Plus!

No credit card needed now. It's considered a gift subscription rather than a promotional one.

Beefstorm
Jul 20, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

I feel like they do these free line promos to just inflate their postpaid activation numbers for shareholders.

I'm not complaining. More just, trying to figure out whats in it for them...

Beefstorm
Jul 20, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Beefstorm posted:

I feel like they do these free line promos to just inflate their postpaid activation numbers for shareholders.

I'm not complaining. More just, trying to figure out whats in it for them...

DOUBLE POST! PLEASE DELETE!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beefstorm
Jul 20, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Vince MechMahon posted:

They had said "no sorry we can't do that," and that was totally understandable and fine. They then offered me another separate deal which also would have been fine. Them then not honoring that second, separate deal is the issue, not the free line not working with SyncUp Drive.

Just call and explain the situation, and that you are looking for a proper resolution here. 99% of the time, they escalate the issue to make it right.