Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Exit Strategy
Dec 10, 2010

by sebmojo
I've currently got the old "Unlimited Nationwide 4G" on my account. If I upgrade to the newfangled unlimited data with 2.5GB tethering, does that affect anything else about my data plan? That is, I'll still have unlimited data regardless of LTE/HSPA+/GSM status, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Exit Strategy
Dec 10, 2010

by sebmojo

Burden posted:

I use anywhere from 10 to 15 gigs a month and never been slowed down. I see customers who use 25 gigs regularly and have never been throttled. So you shouldn't have anything to worry about.

I do a LOT of Internet usage outside of an office or home environment. I pull down 100-500GB per month, regularly, and still no throttling.

Exit Strategy
Dec 10, 2010

by sebmojo

Doctor rear end in a top hat posted:

Because easily-disabled features bother you? Or because you didn't need something to show you your current minutes/text/data usage?

With unlimited of all three, the app became a little pointless.

Exit Strategy
Dec 10, 2010

by sebmojo

Uncle Lizard posted:

Or you could just pay for unlimited everything and not worry about it

I mean, sure. That's what you and I do. But some people are poor, only able to afford the most basic of service on their futuristic pocket computer that connects them to the akashic record.

Exit Strategy
Dec 10, 2010

by sebmojo
Man, gently caress WTAE.

Exit Strategy
Dec 10, 2010

by sebmojo
Hmm. Interesting issue with receiving texts. My SO's a CNA working for a hospice, and they use Telefio for communicating with all of the nurses and aides in the field. Since the first of the year she hasn't received a single text from Telefio. T-Mobile says it's a Telefio issue, Telefio says it's a T-Mo problem. Anybody ever experienced something similar?

Exit Strategy
Dec 10, 2010

by sebmojo

Qwijib0 posted:

This may once again be my naivety, but who is watching ~50 hours of Netflix a month on a phone with no other internet connection? (I presume the person watching all this content would choose the 'good' setting since clearly you're not in it for a pristine viewing experience on a 6" or less screen).

The person I just kicked off my account is, actually. He's a security guard who sucks at his job.

Exit Strategy
Dec 10, 2010

by sebmojo

"d[-.- posted:

b" post="445801294"]
If the phone is unlocked (and not flagged for bad IMEI), and you put a prepaid sim in, there's nothing that can stop you but God himself.

Even then, God's track record with disabling prepaid phones isn't all that great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Exit Strategy
Dec 10, 2010

by sebmojo
Hmm. I've been billing Google Play Music All Access to my carrier for over a year now. As of midnight, Google's telling me that the carrier billing has been declined. I'm not in arrears on my bills or anything. The gently caress could be happening?