Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit
Just switched to t-mo from sprint tonight. How bad of a decision was this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit

Tiny Lowtax posted:

Depends on where you live. In metro Detroit sprint was almost unusable for me, but T-Mobile is ridiculously good.

I travel for work so I essentially live everywhere.

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit

Godzilla07 posted:

Does any informed consumer still use Sprint outside of Project Fi and SERO lifers?

I was on a dealer plan with them that up until a couple of months ago was only $27/mo after taxes. They recently raised it $10 which combined with my wife's normal line with them ended up being a wash cost wise with t-mo's plans.

That was all the excuse I needed to drop them with the quickness. I look forward to never regularly seeing 2mbit download speeds over LTE again.

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit
Anybody know why my phone keeps asking for the login to passpoint secure wifi? I thought connecting to those was supposed to happen automatically.

Or does anyone know what the username/password for it would be?

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit
I have that as my normal plan, it’s nice.

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit
I hope they just shutter sprint and use the spectrum they owned, because sprint is literal garbage.

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit

Maneki Neko posted:

As a former Sprint customer, this is what everyone should be hoping. TMobile does have experience merging in/killing off CDMA networks with MetroPCS.

I gave up an employee account at sprint that cost me $35/mo for unlimited everything when I switched to t-mo because they were so bad.

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit

Silly Burrito posted:

Free Pandora Plus for a year in the T-Mobile Tuesday app on August 28th according to today's event.

:aaaaa:

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit

Goodpancakes posted:

Someone who works at TMobile hook me up with this

https://www.t-mobile.com/news/home-internet-pilot

My crazy landlord won't allow cable to be run to this apartment in SoCal so I have copper ADSL internet that was good in 1999

oh man sign me up :eyepop:

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit

GutBomb posted:

Man those press releases are bordering on parody.

they’re just trying to disrupt the satire industry too

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit
“Sure our CEO supports Trump, but so does every other CEO”

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit
The sprint merger has solved my problem I’ve been having for years since I switched from sprint to t-mo. I no longer get a login prompt for passpoint secure wifi, it just connects now like it did when I was with sprint.

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit
Would it be possible to add a free line and use it on an iPad?

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit

Harveygod posted:

I'm looking to switch to T-Mobile soon. Has anyone travelled internationally with their Essentials plan? I may be visiting China or Italy in the next year or two.

I travel everywhere for work, the international stuff hasn’t let me down yet. It’s not the fastest but it works.

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit

heffray posted:

The slow version is free, getting normal data speeds costs money. Essentials plans don't include international data, Magenta or ONE does. Details: https://www.t-mobile.com/travel-abroad-with-simple-global. Calls are not free, but 128kbps data and SMS are free. It's pretty great for basic maps and email/web use, completely useless for streaming or media.

facetime audio/whatsapp will work over the slow data for free voice

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit
why not just use wifi calling?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit
Anything better than the magenta max military plan? Paying $117/mo for two lines and two apple watches.