Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fruit Chewy
Feb 13, 2012
join whole squid
So I ordered the BYOD sim kit from the tmobile site a few days ago and wanted to activate it just now but didn't have the code card on me - just the SIM. I called their prepaid activation line instead to activate since they don't need the code, and was told that the "walmart" nerd plan was only available if I actually had an activation code from walmart. Considering my sim kit was from the website, and not from walmart in the first place, am I going to have to do something stupid to actually get this plan? Or will it also activate with the t-mo.com sim kit activation code?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fruit Chewy
Feb 13, 2012
join whole squid
I've been on the 5gb data $30 "Walmart" plan for a year or two now on my Nexus devices. I'm not against upgrading to a post-paid plan if it provided me some value, but it seems like the only upgrade data-wise would be more than doubling my payment to get the $80 unlimited plan. If I were to go into a retail store, do they have any negotiation power as far as offering promotional rates or credits or anything to convince me to move up to the bigger plan?

For what it's worth, I posted this on the TMO subreddit and got the following response from an employee but I was curious if anyone has had any luck with negotiating with CSRs or otherwise.

quote:

Retail doesn't have access to any secret promotional plans and account credits are almost exclusively reserved for resolving customer service escalations.

If you have others to split the cost of a family plan, the 2 for $100 w/ 10GB each promotion would double your data for ~$25 more (incl. rough estimate of taxes+fees), or the 4 for $120 w/ 10GB each promo would do the same for ~$5 more.

You would also have all the post-paid benefits like unlimited calling, Data Stash, Music Freedom, Simple Global, EIP/JUMP for devices, free Router/Signal booster etc.