Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Uncle Lizard
Sep 28, 2012

by Athanatos
My girlfriend has the HTC m7 and I got a Nexus 4 for me and my dad. We signed her up for jump when she started to hate her phone. We had to put a big chunk of money down on the phones for credit reasons. I want to pay my phone off and get the G3 and she wants to jump to the G3. When we looked at how much my pay off was it was around $145. Her phone only has $135 left to pay it off. It seems like a dumb idea to trade her phone in with so little to pay off and paying it off defeats the purpose of jump. Is there a way to transfer anything we've paid over half to paying off the two Nexus 4s or am I better off paying for hers and just selling it online?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uncle Lizard
Sep 28, 2012

by Athanatos
Or you could just pay for unlimited everything and not worry about it

Uncle Lizard
Sep 28, 2012

by Athanatos

hiddenriverninja posted:

What is the point of 2G if nothing fully loads on it, not even regular web browsing?

I was on 2g earlier today and could even send a hangouts message or read reddit at all.

Uncle Lizard
Sep 28, 2012

by Athanatos
Or testing to see if just moving to only offering unlimited would be feasible in the future?

Uncle Lizard
Sep 28, 2012

by Athanatos
So I have this plan in my head. Hopefully someone will be able to tell me if this will work. I want to get three LG G4's the weekend after they come out in stores. I live about an hour and a half from the Oregon border, where they don't have sales tax. I'm planning on driving to a T-Mobile store in Oregon, picking up the three phones for $0 down, and driving back home. This will save me almost $180 in sales tax if it will work. Am I going to run into any problems trying to do this?

Uncle Lizard fucked around with this message at 06:28 on May 28, 2015

Uncle Lizard
Sep 28, 2012

by Athanatos

Uthor posted:

For apps you can't uninstall, you can instead disable.

http://www.ubergizmo.com/how-to/disable-android-apps/

I'm having the same issue on my LG G4 with the T-Mobile app. I have disabled and opted out of everything I possible can and it keeps opening and running in the background. I can force close it and watch it pop right back open immediately and start running again. Unfortunately you can't disable the app completely on the G4.

Uncle Lizard
Sep 28, 2012

by Athanatos

Skeezy posted:

Which app? The T-Mobile My Account app? I couldn't disable it the normal way (Applications > Disable) instead I have to be in the TouchWiz launcher, then drag the icon to where the little X to remove an icon would be and I'll see a disable icon there.

Does that make any sense? Maybe that could work.

The T-Mobile my account app. There is no way to disable it on the G4. It's been running in the background the whole time the phone has been of the charger even though I have disabled everything in the app and force stopped it when I took it off the charger.

Uncle Lizard
Sep 28, 2012

by Athanatos

bobfather posted:

Amazing, all the fatsos on TMo killed the pizza credits for the immediate future, maybe perm.

I think everyone should rage on Dominos' social media outlets

Uncle Lizard
Sep 28, 2012

by Athanatos

Alpine Mustache posted:

I have a T-Mobile Galaxy S6 that just stopped charging completely last night. Charging through the cable or wireless gives nothing at all, on multiple different chargers.
I have had it for less than a year (but only by a couple weeks). I looked (briefly)into doing a claim through the handset protection plan we have, but despite the $12/month we're paying for it there seems to still be a $175 deductible according to the claim website. I haven't actually gone to a store or called customer support yet since its thanksgiving day.

The Free S7 they have this weekend is tempting, but we are currently on the Simple Choice 6GB $80/month plan (plus device installments for this phone and my wife's Iphone 6Plus), so i think switching to the new $120 plan will cost a bit more even with a free S7 since we will still be paying for my wife's phone (which is only about 5 months old). i'm not sure if it can work out to be the same monthly cost we are paying now. we rarely use more than the 6gb on our current plan.
I'm also guessing the T-mobile ONE plan doesn't include JUMP either? Or is that part of the device payments? I'm not completely sure. Also i think the trade in devices have to be fully paid off.

How boned am i trying to get a warranty replacement from a T-mobile store? A new phone would be nice but we can't really afford to pay anymore than we are currently.

I would contact T-Mobile for a warranty exchange. If they try to do you dirty, contact Samsung directly. Don't let them make you upgrade to a different phone or plan. Under a year should still be a warranty exchange as long as the screen isn't cracked, and no water damage.

Uncle Lizard fucked around with this message at 06:49 on Nov 25, 2016

Uncle Lizard
Sep 28, 2012

by Athanatos
So I'm pretty sure I'm switching back to TMobile. I will have 5 lines total. My dad, my lady, and I have service with Google fi Anand the two kids have service with TMobile prepaid. All the phones are paid for, and we are looking to keep them. I called a while back and was quoted $180 per month for unlimited, including taxes and fees. I am wondering if I can do everything online or if I have to go into a store. I assume I will need 5 new sim cards, so do I order those online, and then when everyone's bill is up on the 15th, I just call in and port all five numbers to the new sim cards? Am I missing anything?

Uncle Lizard
Sep 28, 2012

by Athanatos

Statutory Ape posted:

if you want ill activate you, charge you less per month, and see if I can waive the sim cards

That would be awesome. PM sent back. Thanks

Uncle Lizard
Sep 28, 2012

by Athanatos

Goodpancakes posted:

Someone who works at TMobile hook me up with this

https://www.t-mobile.com/news/home-internet-pilot

Uncle Lizard
Sep 28, 2012

by Athanatos
So I recently noticed a new issue. I haven't been able to get the visual voicemail in the dialer app on my Pixel 2 XL to connect to my voicemail. I got on chat with TMobile and they told me it was an issue with the app. I then got on chat with Google to troubleshoot any issues, and after going through everything, the Google rep said it had to be something with the carrier. I get back on chat with TMobile, and after about an hour the rep admitted that TMobile is purposely blocking all visual voicemail apps other than their own, except on iPhone, and TMobile's app costs an extra $4 a month. Is there a way around this or do I just have to bend over and take it?

Uncle Lizard
Sep 28, 2012

by Athanatos

Burden posted:

When I got my Pixel 3 it would not work and customer care and technical care were not really much of a help. What eventually worked was I installed and set up the T-Mobile Visual Voice mail app (the free part) and went through the setup process. Then I uninstalled it, and then set up the dialer voicemail app on my Pixel 3 and that made it work. If that doesn't work, install and setup the T-Mobile app, then uninstall, reboot, and then set up the dialer voicemail.

I will give this a shot. Thanks

Edit: It did not work unfortunately. I will continue to try different combinations like an insane person to see if I can get it to work. Thanks for the help anyway.

Uncle Lizard fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Dec 12, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uncle Lizard
Sep 28, 2012

by Athanatos

Charles posted:

Post back if you have success

Will do