Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.

22 Eargesplitten posted:

I'm going to need to get a new nano-sim for my new phone, since my current phone is a mini-sim. Is T-mobile going to charge me for this? If so, how much? I'm on a post-paid plan, or whatever the traditional one is called.

Bestbuy has nano sim kits for $5

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/t-mobile-complete-sim-starter-kit-white/8699899.p?acampID=0&ref=8575135&loc=0&id=1219359704883

Even comes with adapters for larger sim trayhs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.

Burden posted:

It's essentially the same price breaking a phone up but it will be over 18 months instead 24 and you can just come in and switch out every 4 months essentially.

Its actually cheaper per month.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

22 Eargesplitten posted:

If I'm looking for a <=$250 phone that works with T-Mobile, band 12 optional and height under 5.5", is there a better option than a Z1 compact?

used nexus 5?

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

Buy a nexus 6

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

spiralbrain posted:

Seems like even though this thing has been out for a while, my local TMobile still has to order it. Do they keep anything in stock??

They sell the at bestbuy.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

Does T-Mobile still give away the free range extender? I just moved and my service quality has taken a dip

Yes. Range extender or router.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

It'd an ac66u so if your router us worse than that...

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

It would be nice if you could tag an access point to allow wifi calling but not all.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

Wicaeed posted:

So work is going to be getting me a cell phone that I can also use as a personal device.

What is the procedure for me to give back a Jump plan cell phone? Do I owe the remaining balance on the device when I give it back?

You pay off the phone and its yours. You cant turn it in.

"Thank you for reaching out to us. The information provided is absolutely correct, if you were to cancel the unpaid balance of the phones would be due on the final bill."

https://support.t-mobile.com/message/414511

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

Skeezy posted:

Seems like my question was just answered above but I'll ask anyways.

I have the regular Galaxy S6 that I got through T-Mo with Jump. Coming off yesterday's new Moto X announcement I'm more interested in ditching the S6 and buying the X in September. Doing so will drop my plan cost ($115 currently to the new price of $79 with Jump + S6 removed). However I was told through T-Mo support that I can't return the S6 at all, so I assume I have to continue paying it off correct? Is there no way to return it even if I'm staying within T-Mobile? I noticed that in that support thread posted above the guy asking was planning on leaving T-Mo.

Worst case I probably will just have to pay off the S6 and then I can sell it once I own it right? I can't go ahead and do that now? I'm just really confused :smith:

You buy the phone when you do jump. You arn't renting it. If you want off jump you have to pay off the phone.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

Need to change to that one and let the 4th sim just sit in a drawer

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

Wifi calling would be great if you could turn tell it what wifi networks to use it on.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

Nexus 6 has wifi calling and it is not tmobile branded.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

a rowdy mullet posted:

How much is Tmobile's $80 unlimited plan after taxes and fees? I'm currently on a 4gb/mo plan with verizon and paying $89 plus 3-4 $10 overage charges for ages, and even the new verizon 6gb plan will raise my bill to around $100.

It looks like Tmobile has great coverage here in Seattle & Bellevue since it's their hometown, but not sure how well their network is going to work for me while hiking on the coast or in the cascades. It's fairly rare I'm out there but just curious since verizon has been great in rural areas for me.

This will be different everywhere. Id recommend calling a local store. they should be able to tell you.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

What phone are yo utrading in?

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

You have to trade in your 1999 POS verizon or whatever carrier flip phone.

And dont even think about buying a brand new iphone6s on contract and then having Tmobile pay off your ETF as it would be terribly dishonest.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

nimper posted:

The phone will be unlocked and work on any carrier so you wouldn't have to worry about what Apple wants you to do.

It may have to be activated before you leave the store. Apple probably gets a kickback.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

nimper posted:

Probably right but you could activate it on your current plan and then immediately jump ship. It's still unlocked and you're not signing a carrier contract.

Yea, but i imagine most people doing this wont already have a current plan unless they were planning on cancelling and jumping to prepaid as soon as the new iphone came out.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

Zero VGS posted:

Thanks, all very helpful advice. Doesn't T-Mobile automatically roam to AT&T in areas where T-Mo doesn't have service and AT&T does? I thought that at least was the case a while back.

It depends on the area. It does if you are in an area with a roaming agreement.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

Im sure it will last a while longer.

Also sign up for new contracts and get the most valuable phone they offer. Then have tmobile pay your ETF and trade in some poo poo phones.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

E2M2 posted:

http://explore.t-mobile.com/samsung-phone-and-free-tablet-offer?cmpid=SOC_SM_SMSNGGS60D_2DR1V19HKTK12825&003=6642122

So T-mobile has this deal right now. Turn in my older Galaxy S5 for an S6 and a Tablet? Anyone know the details? Like will it matter if my GS5 is rooted?

You may have to pay after 18m to keep it but yea. It's legit.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

You have to pay of the phone

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

Biggest issue with wifi calling is its either on or off. So at my house it works great. At my work it sucks. But i have no way of saying dont use wifi calling at work.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

IuniusBrutus posted:

Is there a way to get out of a Jump! On Demand lease without either A.) buying the phone or B.) paying off the lease and turning the phone in? A friend got one of the the new Nexi and I'm completely sold on going back to Android now.

No

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

Simplechoice is back on the site

http://www.t-mobile.com/cell-phone-plans.html

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

Take anything there with a big grain of salt. Tmobile hasn't really given the info on how the trade in is going to work, just that it will.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

I thought the deal with net neutrality was more isps charging providers for better access. Isn't tmobile free to the provider and basically no barrier of entry?

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

PRADA SLUT posted:

The problem isn't allowing toggling of Binge On, the problem is having a tier of service where you have to pay more to have non-"optimized" traffic.

Then just pay the full amount and consider the regular price a discount.

Or just go to a different phone company.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

Plastik posted:

But it's not a discount. Words have meaning. Why don't I just file complaints with the FCC until they start enforcing the law, as is their job?

According to this arstechnica article its not against the rules to do what they are doing and wheeler thinks its innovative and wants to promote innovation

http://arstechnica.com/business/2015/11/t-mobiles-data-cap-exemption-for-video-gets-fcc-chairmans-approval/?comments=1

"Its clear in the Open Internet Order that we said we are pro-competition and pro-innovation," Wheeler said today. "Clearly this meets both of those criteria. It's highly innovative and highly competitive."

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

Edit guess starting today you do have to but not if you already ordered.

Don Lapre fucked around with this message at 01:16 on Sep 16, 2016

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

TheManWithNoName posted:

I am seeing conflicting information on the iPhone 7 trade in deal. Do you have to change your plan to T-Mobile ONE? I really would rather not do that.

If you signed up after like 6pm PST sept 16 you do.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

The sim being activated or not has nothing to do with the old phone seeing a sim.

The sim with the phone is unactivated. Take the sim out of the old phone and put it in the new phone.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

Maybe you broke the sim? Call tmobile and have thema ctivate the new sim

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

SeANMcBAY posted:

I did the trade in my 6S for an iPhone 7 thing and now they just sent me an email saying it was received and that'll they'll credit me $265 dollars. Do I get that in addition to them crediting me each month as part of the promotion?

Yes that is what is supposed to happen

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

Free iphone 7 deal completed. Got a text today ill be receiving $20.21 a month credit for 24 months + my $165 trade in value that was already applied to my account.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

net cafe scandal posted:

Is there any way to check to see if T-Mobile has good coverage in a specific area? Kind of a goofy question I know but i might be able to be the freebie 4th person on the One plan if not for the doubts of the potential customer that they'll get good reception in their area of upstate New York. I want to recommend the plan to her but i don't want her to get stuck with worse phone service on contract.

Before i switched I bought the cheapest prepaid T-Mobile phone I could and just called 611 a bunch from it without activating it.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

This also includes people who were on 6 and 10gb plans that got free upgrades to unlimited till feb 2019

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

The pixels

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

ohgodwhat posted:

Why would they let you keep your plan forever at the same price you signed up for originally?

That has been the rule in the industry for a long time. Though rules are broken.