Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

eric posted:

T-Mobile will be raising the deprioritization threshold to 50GB on the 20th.

Oh good!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Astro7x posted:

Called and complained, T-Mobile just gave me a $20 credit off my next bill since they couldn't deduct the $20 charge from my total charge.

Yeah... that's bullshit. Don't tell somebody at the store there is no difference between in store or online if it's $20 more

If I did this how angry do I have to sound? Also where can I check to make sure I had this charge.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
Hi T-Mobile I would love to send my old phone back to you, but your website is such a piece of poo poo I can't get the shipping label to load.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
I'm trying to figure out the best option here. There are two things I want:

1. The iPhone X

2. To switch to Verizon because the coverage where I'm at sucks and I'm losing it every time I go on a road trip or to see the inlaws, and at work.

I currently have a iPhone 8 plus, which still has about $600 on it. I talked to verizon today and we figured out the best method to this would be to pay off the iphone, then switch to verizon, then buy the X through apple, then sell the 8 while it's still new and people are searching for a slightly cheaper one online.

My concern is that my husband who works at apple says that usually you can't use a tmobile phone on verizon because of the lack of CDMA, but the verizon representative believes that there is software now to make it compatible. So I'm going to try out a verizon sim card on it tonight to see if it will work.

I also heard that tmobile will be expanding its coverage by the end of this year so it makes me wonder if it's even worth switching.

Anyone else go through anything like this?

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Bentai posted:

What model iPhone 8 do you have? iPhone 8 Models A1863 and A1864 have CDMA support and would be able to be used on Verizon.

It's A1897. For some reason he is saying that it should work. Maybe he's just wrong.

SeANMcBAY posted:

T-Mobile is getting much better coverage soon with its new radio band but none of the iPhones out now support it, including the 8 and X.

Wonderful

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Bentai posted:

https://www.apple.com/iphone-8/specs/

According to their own spec site, the A1897 does not support CDMA. :(

Hmm okay. I guess if that happens then I will have to create a new line with Verizon and buy the phone then close out T-Mobile and sell it.

Dumb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Duckman2008 posted:

Yeah, the T-Mobile iPhone 8+ won’t work on Verizon.

Buy the 8+ from Apple is fine, just get the Verizon version (should default since that would be the carrier you select), but don’t switch to Verizon until the X comes in. Aka keep Service on T-Mobile until then.

Any questions or issues feel free to stop by the Verizon thread or PM me.

Appreciate it!