Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

Contact your provider, I've never heard of tmo paying much mind to mvno subscriber complaints

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

I asked some other people if there was a way for you guys to report it and nobody had a an answer :shrug:

I share an office with the engineering team, next time I'm there I'll ask. Now I'm curious too

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

E2M2 posted:

So is there any way to game the Buy one S10 and get another free? Talking about opening the new phone line. Can I cancel one right before opening another one and using the same phone #?

If you cancel any lines within x period PRIOR to the purchase/promo it will usually make you ineligible. Same # or not

x is usually 30 iirc

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

E2M2 posted:

So cancelling afterwards is aokay? Basically switching one of the 7 account over?

No also that won't work because of what the other guy mentioned

I don't know of a way to really game that particular promo type to any tangible benefit

I'll be meeting with some real TMobile scoundrels today and I'll try to ask if they have any ideas I can't think of

Probably not since lol if you don't think we employees are also tryna game the same system

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

Uncle Lizard posted:

So I'm pretty sure I'm switching back to TMobile. I will have 5 lines total. My dad, my lady, and I have service with Google fi Anand the two kids have service with TMobile prepaid. All the phones are paid for, and we are looking to keep them. I called a while back and was quoted $180 per month for unlimited, including taxes and fees. I am wondering if I can do everything online or if I have to go into a store. I assume I will need 5 new sim cards, so do I order those online, and then when everyone's bill is up on the 15th, I just call in and port all five numbers to the new sim cards? Am I missing anything?

if you want ill activate you, charge you less per month, and see if I can waive the sim cards

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

Pretty sure the alcatel flip is JOD eligible , and iirc is $75 msrp

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

Branch Nvidian posted:

Is there an account cool down period between upgrades? Like if I traded in my device for the alcatel and then just bought it outright, would I be stuck with it for a certain period of time before I could just do a regular upgrade on EIP?

No and no, in this specific situation you're fine

Also I asked some colleagues that work retail and the alcatel flip may not work on JOD, so that would leave the aristo 2/moto e5 play/revvl2 as cheapest JOD options, with the revvl2 theoretically having the "best" hardware

E: also re: the one plus 6t, I have one and the reality is that its not worth more than $300 when brand new s9s can be had for the same. I'm not a Samsung bro or whatever but if you can find a deal on a Samsung theyll be superior in almost every way imo. I do miss my silent/vibrate/ringer slider though, but that's probably the only aspect that I miss

Worf fucked around with this message at 10:48 on May 8, 2019

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

if you're listed as an authorized user youll be able to do anything you need re: upgrades and buying equipment

if you know the account pin you can just call customer service and pretend to be account holder and add yourself as an authorized user

theoretically the stores wont even talk to you about account specifics if you arent listed on the account, let alone sell you anything

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

I would just call

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

Idk if all employees of the company got them but everybody I know has a very nice hardcover of it lol

I should give mine to my mom

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

stevewm posted:

Looks like I might be joining all of you soon... I am responsible for the cellphones at work. A business sales rep from T-Mobile cold called the CEO, the pricing was less than half of what we currently pay Verizon, resulting in a $20,000ish per year savings. So unless Verizon steps up to the place and cuts pricing... guess who is now in charge of possibly spearheading a effort to switch to T-Mobile from Verizon!

My major issue is that basically no one in our area has T-Mobile. (Southern and Central Indiana) It is basically completely unheard of here as is Sprint. Verizon and ATT dominate.
At least they are sending us a test device so I can have one of our traveling salespeople do a bit of surveying for me. I don't trust coverage maps at all because they are usually 90% bullshit. $20k in savings is no good if the service doesn't work anywhere.

Looks like we might possibly have a bunch of devices to replace as well.

How fun.

T-Mobile can and does assist with transition costs for it's b2b/Corp liable customers and also has a professional implementation team that does the hardware as well as back end rollout for you.

Sprints HQ is a few hours drive from Indiana so I assure you their Midwest presence is probably greater than you think

Anyway , to anybody paying enough to have a savings of 20k annually , saving 20k annually is like zilch of the operating budget and not a reason to change carriers. Most T-Mobile b2b reps in the country will be aware of this I assure you lol.

Also, verizon and att are losing so many deals they're price matching our proposals with regularity now so at worst , get some negotiating leverage.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

Essentials plan is infrequently worth it compared to Magenta, depending on what state you live in this is compounded because while magenta plan has taxes included in the quote- essentials plan does not include any of your taxes in price

i would do a side by side feature and cost comparison of both magenta plan and essential including the taxes youd be on the hook for. 99.9% of the time magenta is better for my individual liable/small business customers.

you might also have an issue getting the discount match to work since if i'm being honest, they basically told everybody in the company not to actually do it- it also makes your account ineligible for a bunch of poo poo, ie, its not a real discount program, it exists solely to please DOJ regulators et al.

tldr, your plan wont work the way you want it to, probably, but its actually even more a pain in the rear end than you thought

i'm pretty reasonably senior in tmobile and have 15 years experience in the industry.. if you actually want to do a bill review with me real quick i will. i'm on FMLA leave right now so i've got some free time :shrug:

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

No real reason to bet, heres the document pertaining to the verification/match process: https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-39814

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

I think the CEO just probably doesn't want to be instantly fired for costing the company the merger by pissing into an already lovely political climate since realistically this merger should never happen, but in this weird world .. actually probably will

Except Sprint has literally gone out of their way to ensure their business will fail. I used to lose deals to Verizon for coverage or for their more advanced wireless / non phone corporate/enterprise stuff.

I'm losing deals to Sprint because they're just not even charging people for service or hardware. These are 5/6 figure deals they're just not bothering to charge subscribers for. The whole industry is lol

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

As an employee I have also learned for my own stuff that the chat people do get poo poo done

I do not usually like to call the call center. Imo they treat employee accounts with some disdain

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

can someone change the thread title? john legere is a literal garbage person who really shouldn't be glorified in any capacity.

? There are cosmically worse things that get mocked here constantly, instead of continuing to post here about it where none of the participants can actually change the title, please consider reaching out to the moderation team.

Get them to change half the names of the subforums too because gosh some of them really rankle me

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

I've been on FMLA for months and don't give two shits about my CEO, fellow masshole or not, so please understand this isn't really a personal thing

But like, seriously reconsider crusading against the CEOs of probably, like, any company in what is a thread designed to inform or assist with the account component of a business?

All CEOs are bad. This isn't the bad CEO thread. I have stories that would boil y'all's blood. Telecom is hilariously dirty. I don't think we need to talk about trump and poo poo in here. But hey it's a free world, if that's what the thread is I'll go find another one to post in myself :shrug:

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

Maneki Neko posted:

It’s been a while since I bought a phone from a carrier, but I jumped on the TMobile “half off iPhone 11” deal. When the phone arrived I had to call and activate it, it did not automatically activate and replace the existing device.

Is that normal? Ever other time I’ve gotten a new device with a new SIM from a carrier they’ve handled that all themselves.

Did you used to use VZW or Sprint? Traditional CDMA carriers are easier to activate that way , in a sense, having now worked for every US carrier lol.

T-mobile doesn't automatically deactivate your existing SIM under any normal operating procedure for ship-to fulfillment unless someone or something fucks up

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

SeANMcBAY posted:

It’s blocked quite a few calls for me. The caller ID function isn’t really working for me. I still get calls from plenty of numbers that don’t show a name.

its not a required field or piece of data to transmit so it may not be there to be shown

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

Luceo posted:

So I just got my mom and her husband into T-Mobile with a pair of SE2020s at half off, so that's not bad. She was Sprint, so the new customer deals didn't apply. The sales guy said that deal wouldn't let them port their numbers in, but is there anything that stops them from just porting their numbers in a week later?

depending on the deal its very easy and cheap to hop from sprint to something like an ATT/VZW prepay, then port in from there

is one of them 55+? two lines is pretty cheap on that plan if they arent on it already

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

nerve posted:

My brother did this today and he says they only gave him $200 off:

"So ill have to pay u an extra 46 a month for the phone. I had to pay monthly in order to get the deal. Also, it was only $200 off. He said its "up to $500". "

What's true?

they probably gave him a portion instantly up front based on the model of his phone and then a prorated monthly amounted over the duration of the payment agreement

so itll look something like +$46, and then -$16(or whatever) on the bill

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

sweart gliwere posted:

I'm having a hard time finding a simple comprehensive list of Band-71 (600mhz) service deployments, trying to help someone switching carriers.

The coverage info maps from T-Mobile just kinda lumps b71 4g in with the other 4g, and b71 5g in with mid and high band. Is the only useful info going to be waiting for press releases or browsing through third-party mapping services?

this information is pretty commonly available to all employees of t-mobile regardless of level (altho skill factor may be an issue)

a phone chat w customer service could probably get you an emailed list, or calling a local corporate store

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

if you're in a 5G area 5G will reach places 4G wont

the reality is those low band frequencies arent designed for high speed- theyre designed for coverage

Worf fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Oct 13, 2020

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

WhyteRyce posted:

Don't care about speed. T-Mobile still has some spotty service in parts of places I routinely visit. I didn't think 600mhz LTE was very widely deployed so was wondering if they were sticking 5G low band in more places

Yeah, they got the 600mhz band about 4 years ago. Prior to that they largely did high band/high speed. Verizon is king because they use a ton of midband.

Sprint had a ton of....800?850? Band spectrm, which was the oo la la of buying them- outside of consolidating the only price competition, surely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

nimper posted:

You're thinking of 2500mhz. Band 41. Sprint had some 850mhz but I don't think it's very useful to T-Mobile.

that is not what they told me in the t-mobile engineering office i worked at :shrug:

sprint had 1/3 of rural 850 spectrum, which is/was very juicy for how t-mobile specifically wanted to roll out low band and in part what it was looking to augment with the purchase. you're not wrong about them using 2500, which, again, is for high speed and we're talking coverage/data movement

Worf fucked around with this message at 12:54 on Oct 13, 2020