Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

T-Mobile is down for a majority of the east coast right now, since about 3 AM EST.

Chumbawumba4ever97 fucked around with this message at 11:04 on Feb 24, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

Thumposaurus posted:

I was wondering why I couldn't get a data connection thanks

No problem. Looks like as of 15 minutes ago it's back up for most people.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

Yeah it's weird. I can call 1800 numbers and land lines, but I can't call other t-mobile users. When I had my wife try to call my cell (we are both T-Mobile), I actually get a loving busy signal

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

https://twitter.com/toniamoore/status/1272701157601767427?s=19

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

SeANMcBAY posted:

No one even comes close to Verizon when it comes to sketchiness.

I caught Verizon on multiple occasions adding poo poo I didn't ask for to my bill. One time Asurion insurance was added to my account without me asking...for my 5 year old cell phone. They couldn't tell me who or how it was added to my bill.

One of the major reasons I left those dirt bags.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

I just called tech support due to my half-decade long debacle with email-to-text not working on my line and they basically begged me to take the free 3rd line and assured me up and down I will never be charged for it. I usually instinctively say no to stuff like this but I figured T-Mobile has never bamboozled me before so I had them add it.

I literally have no idea what to do with a third line. I guess wait about a decade until my oldest kid is old enough to require a phone and pat my future self on the back for doing this?

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

SeANMcBAY posted:

I used my extra for SyncUP drive.

Oh that is awesome I've never heard of it before. I'm so glad I posted here; this is exactly what I will use it for. Thank you!

edit: just got a callback from T-Mobile, some manager thanking me for activating the 3rd line. I told him I am planning to use it for SyncUP Drive and he said "the third line is for a normal cell line such as voice, texting, etc and you cannot use the third line for SyncUp drive because they have an embedded SIM card and are a different line type but I will look into this for you".

If they "figure it out" and activate it for me, how does data work? I am on unlimited, so is the SyncUP Drive going to be unlimited as well?

Chumbawumba4ever97 fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Mar 17, 2021

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

SeANMcBAY posted:

You have to have them set it up to work for SyncUP drive. I went into a store a few years ago and they did it. Maybe the people in the store will be more helpful to you.

Thanks! You did it for the free 3rd line?

How does the data plan work for you? (I am assuming you are on unlimited). Is it unlimited for the SyncUP as long as the rest of the lines on your account are unlimited?

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

SeANMcBAY posted:

I did it for a 3rd line I got on a promotion a few years ago. They allowed me to do it unlimited with 10gb hotspot.

Sorry for the ridiculous question but isn't a hotspot the only thing it can do data-wise? What does unlimited with 10 GB hotspot mean?

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

Ah okay, I figured the amount of data it required to send me vehicle info was so miniscule it was pretty much a given to be unlimited. Having a 10gb limit on wifi pretty much ensures I'll just be going back to making my cell phone a hotspot.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

Guy Axlerod posted:

How do these promos work? Do you just go online and add a line?

Call 611. They basically begged me to take it.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

I just got my free 3rd line Sim card in the mail. I called to activate it and while I was on the phone I asked the rep to transfer it to a sync up drive and he said he's not allowed to do that. He even put my on hold and verified with someone above him. He said you can't do it on a free line.

Then he said something about my Tmobile digits lines and I told him I never use them (I actually don't even know what they're for). He said he believes he can convert a digits line to a sync up drive line at no extra cost. He said he's going to call me back Friday with more info.

Has anyone ever heard of that? That would be pretty great because it would mean I'd get to use my third free line in a regular phone and ALSO have sync up drive not using up that slot. I'm pretty prepared for him to call me back on Friday and say he looked into it and couldn't do it for me, so I would also like something I can respond with if he is indeed wrong about the line thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

Tmobile basically twisted my arm into agreeing to the free third line thing and my bill went up SEVENTY loving dollars just now.

I called them up and they said "oh you're on the all in one plan, you should have never been told you were eligible". I had three different reps tell me I was eligible.

poo poo like this is why I left Verizon.