Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002
I'm on a Classic 500 Minute - Talk plan that I started about a month before the "uncarrier" Simple Choice news dropped.

Several weeks ago, I got a postcard from TMo saying that I was being migrated to a new plan, free of charge, and that it would open up the international data and unlimited music for me. However, I logged in today and it still says I'm on the old plan with no mention of the new features.

Has anyone else received one of those cards? When can I expect the changeover?

I ask because I'm being sent out of the country for work, and the international data would be really, really nice, even if it's slow.

Also, TMo says that it can terminate service for excessive use of international data, and that the primary use of the device must be domestic. Is that evaluated monthly? I will be overseas for three months. I assume, then, that I'll be regarded as excessive international use.

Would it just be best to have my service suspended for those three months?

Sorry for all the questions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

Burden posted:

My best guess for when the rate plan will change is the start of your next billing cycle. As for the international roaming. Their isn't a hard number of months that I'm aware of but I know they are looking at it. 3 months isn't super long. My brother used it for over 2 months in Brazil without any issues. Make sure the country you are going to is one of the 100+ countries covered because it doesn't work everywhere. The list if countries is in the OP.

Thank you. I suppose I'll just call in and ask about the changeover.