Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Khorne
May 1, 2002
In case anyone was wondering, you can buy MetroPCS Samsung Galaxy Avants and flash the t-mobile firmware with little hassle. The price difference is pretty big. You can buy brand new avants for around $100 while the refurbs from t-mo cost $180 and it's like $250 in store. It's an identical phone, the only difference is the firmware and a 1 at the end of the product number. It avoids having to unlock the metro phone, and it doesn't trip the counter or anything. The T-Mo firmware also has an unlock app, but you won't have to use it if you plan on using the phone on T-Mo.

All I can say about the avant is as long as you aren't an avid phone movie watcher/gamer and as long as you don't think it's a replacement for a real camera, you'll be happy with it. The camera is fine. The screen is very clear and vibrant. I was planning on buying it as a temporary phone until the next generation came out, but I am probably just sticking with it. I picked it up for $50 used and even some iphone5 people are kinda jealous of it. The battery life is awesome and it's very responsive with no delay or anything.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Jan 19, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khorne
May 1, 2002

FordPRefectLL posted:

Where are you seeing the Avants for $100? I need a phone to park on my T-Mobile dealer line I don't really use but want for international purposes.
BestBuy has sales sometimes, the metro site itself sells them for $100 but expects you to use metro for a month. They're $130 new at bestbuy with no sales in areas where metro is available.