Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Toebone
Jul 1, 2002

Start remembering what you hear.
I'm leaving my current job, and with it my company-paid phone. I'm looking for a new plan, coming in with no ETF or trade-in. The T-Mobile $30 nerd plan seems like it'd be great for me, the only downside being paying for a new phone up front. If I'm reading it right I can buy a new iPhone 6 and activate it with the plan, paying the full $700 or whatever up front, then just $30 after? Are there any cheaper phones people would recommend? I'm coming from a Samsung Galaxy S3 with my number on google voice, so while I prefer iOS I'm fine with android too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toebone
Jul 1, 2002

Will an AT&T Moto X work fine on T-Mobile in the NYC area? I've read some stuff about it not working on the older LTE network but I'm not sure how widespread that is.

Toebone
Jul 1, 2002

Is the $30 nerd plan still available through Walmart? I've got that plan now, and my wife wants to switch over to it too.

Toebone
Jul 1, 2002

My wife bought a Samsung J7 Prime off Amazon, only to find it's not compatible with the US LTE bands (despite the description on the Amazon page). It's getting sent back tomorrow, can anyone recommend a similar Android phone in the ~$250 range for use on T-Mobile?