Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fondue
Jul 14, 2002

r0ck0 posted:

Oh I want one, do they ship it to you, who did you call?

Their website says it's out of stock so don't try to get one that way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fondue
Jul 14, 2002

I just got my replacement Nexus 5 phone. I've swapped the sim over and it's now updating to the latest firmware, how do I erase the old phone prior to returning it?

fondue
Jul 14, 2002

fondue posted:

I just got my replacement Nexus 5 phone. I've swapped the sim over and it's now updating to the latest firmware, how do I erase the old phone prior to returning it?

Found the answer to my own question here.

fondue
Jul 14, 2002

hotsauce posted:

You need to encrypt it then reset. Otherwise someone can easily use a root app like disk digger to recover all your stuff...a simple reformat isn't safe.

I wish you had posted that before I shipped it back to Google.

fondue
Jul 14, 2002

esperantinc posted:

So I switched to the nerd plan from AT&T today. Port went through without issue, calling is good, data is super fast, but texts...are weird. I can send and receive texts from folks on Verizon. My buddy with AT&T is getting texts from me, but I'm not getting his. Haven't gotten around to testing anyone with T-Mo or Sprint. Using my old Galaxy S4 that I had AT&T unlock for me yesterday. Didn't see any APN or other settings that looked off that could be causing this.

Anyone seen anything like this before I call into support?

When my wife was on AT&T we had this same problem. In fact, sometimes a text would take hours to go between us! We assumed it was their lovely network.

fondue
Jul 14, 2002

I'm an idiot, wrong thread.

fondue
Jul 14, 2002

So this is a thing ... I'm an idiot, nevermind.

fondue fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Nov 4, 2014

fondue
Jul 14, 2002

Endless Mike posted:

It's a Nexus 9. I don't know why that was posted in here.

Because I"m an idiot and posted it to the wrong thread. :(

fondue
Jul 14, 2002

My wife wants to upgrade her iPhone 5S to the latest iPhone, what's the best way to do it? Her current phone is on the EIP and has a balance on it, can she just bring it in and trade it or would it be better to pay off the EIP and sell the phone on the market?

fondue
Jul 14, 2002

Rastor posted:

Band 12 compatibility list:

It says on the page that the 6 will be compatible with a software upgrade this year.

fondue
Jul 14, 2002

bryn987 posted:

Still waiting on 5.1 for my N6

I just got it, it'll come.

fondue
Jul 14, 2002

Don't trust the coverage maps. Our area is shown covered completely but half the village to the west of us is actually a dead zone.

fondue
Jul 14, 2002

I'm paying about $200 a month for three phones with unlimited bandwidth, is this a good deal or should I be calling them to change it? I think I was grandfathered in with an older plan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fondue
Jul 14, 2002

Thank you everyone, I think I'm just going to call them and see what the options are. None of the phones are on a payment plan.