Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

adorai
Nov 2, 2002

10/27/04 Never forget
Grimey Drawer

ShadowHawk posted:

Uhh....how on earth does a phone company run out of these things.
Probably the kind of thing that happens when you add 4 million subscribers in a single year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

adorai
Nov 2, 2002

10/27/04 Never forget
Grimey Drawer

Ribsauce posted:

How do you guys send and receive calls on the Nerd plan without going over the minutes?
I am on AT&T now but I used 85 minutes last month, including free nights and weekends and mobile to mobile. I just don't have a need to talk on the phone regularly.

adorai
Nov 2, 2002

10/27/04 Never forget
Grimey Drawer

Insane Totoro posted:

So basically a carrier is under no obligation to honor a monthly price once the actual two year contract is up?
I'm not sure if this is a real question, but in case it is, that is true. Once the contract is up, neither party is obligated to each other beyond the implied "month to month" payment arrangement. Either party can propose changes to the previously agreed upon terms, and if the other party declines to accept, they simply walk away from the entire thing.

adorai
Nov 2, 2002

10/27/04 Never forget
Grimey Drawer

FAT SLAMPIG posted:

yes on using the iphone (I used my verizon iphone 5 on t-mobile) 99% no on keeping the number. The company paid for that number, it is theirs to keep.
Eh, we let most people keep their numbers when we paid for phones. Even loan officers, which I personally thought was insane, but senior management thought it was ok so I went along with it.

adorai
Nov 2, 2002

10/27/04 Never forget
Grimey Drawer
I switched to Tmobile today. Moved 3 lines from AT&T, got a "free" iphone Xr in the process. However, after switching, I saw this third line free deal, which I don't think I got. Should I contact support? Can they fix this?

adorai
Nov 2, 2002

10/27/04 Never forget
Grimey Drawer

Statutory Ape posted:

you got the deal, its automatically applied to new customers

When I look at my account online, it is $120 for the first two lines and $25 for the third. Definitely does not look like it was free.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

adorai
Nov 2, 2002

10/27/04 Never forget
Grimey Drawer
That makes sense. It's not free, it's just a credit. Cool stuff. Sorry, I didn't even know it existed until I saw you dudes talking about it in thread, so i didn't even know what to look for.