Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Medikit
Dec 31, 2002

que lástima
Anyone know anything about the new iOS carrier update? It updated from 15.5 to 15.6 but the support page still only lists 15.5: http://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-9259

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medikit
Dec 31, 2002

que lástima

The Entire Universe posted:

Will there be any kind of place to receive updates of the low-band expansion Legere mentioned at CES, if/when that starts going?

I would like to know as well. Low-band is much needed as it penetrates walls and decreases the cost of expansion in sparsely populated regions.

Right now most phones don't support T-mobiles 700mhz A (Band 12) and there are specific regulations that do not allow it to be used anywhere that has licensing for Channel 51 (this is most of their acquired regions). Channel 51 will be re-provisioned in less than 2 years and so I anticipate that T-mobile is deploying the technology now and will start using it as soon as they can. By that time most of our phones will support it. In the meantime they are trying to acquire 600mhz spectrum as well.

Here is some good reading: http://assets.fiercemarkets.net/public/mdano/amis/700-tmobile-verizon.pdf

Medikit
Dec 31, 2002

que lástima

Watommi posted:

Is TMobile ever going to improve their rural area service? Also, are they ever going to ditch 2G and upgrade to at least 3G? I live and work just outside San Diego, and service is terrible. Even along interstate 8 I often have no service at all, 3G is intermittent, 2G often overpowers the 3G signal, and I have to go pretty close to SD itself to get 4G...there are plenty of high population outlying cities that don't get 4G.

I can't decide if I want to stay with my nice cheap unlimited data plan or go back to ATT. You know your network and coverage is terrible when you make people contemplate going BACK to ATT. If I knew TMobile was working on improving their network I'd stick it out, but if they're happy to ignore everying outside of major city limits I'll probably have to leave.

I recommend switching to a better service provider for your region. T-mobile should still be here in 2 years and you can re-evaluate at that time. Sprint's service should also improve quite a bit within that same time frame.

Medikit
Dec 31, 2002

que lástima

Loner-Assassin posted:

Ok guys, random question. I'm currently on the T-Mo prepaid $30 plan, but I'm headed to Europe in April and would like to do the unlimited text/data that comes with postpaid. Can I just call them, switch to postpaid for a month for that feature, then go back to prepaid when I get back to the US? (Since there's no contracts) My phone is a Google Play Nexus 5 and I have a prepaid sim inside atm.

My understanding is that you need to be on that plan for at least half as long as you are traveling (and you can roam internationally for a maximum of 3 months). How long will you be in Europe? If less than a month if you switch now you should be okay. If more than a month I would just get a local sim.

Medikit
Dec 31, 2002

que lástima

dentata posted:

Ugh has anyone on an Android device seen the update to the My T-Mobile app? What the hell is all this extra bullshit about "Device Health" and why the gently caress would I want all of these extra notifications from the app?! Doesn't T-Mo know that Android does all of this stuff already? :psyduck:

poo poo, rooting my phone makes my performance worse! :ohdear: :rolleyes:

Edit: \/\/\/ Yeah, I reverted to the old version. I thought using AppOps to control its permissions would stop some of that nonsense but that stupid device health thing was still enabled despite my efforts.

I deleted the app soon after I downloaded it.

Medikit
Dec 31, 2002

que lástima

Doctor rear end in a top hat posted:

Because easily-disabled features bother you? Or because you didn't need something to show you your current minutes/text/data usage?

I found that getting it out of my notification center was not so easy and I didn't need to follow my data usage that closely. Now I use an iPhone so it's not an issue.

I think you missed this comment:

quote:

...but that stupid device health thing was still enabled despite my efforts.

Medikit fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Mar 7, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medikit
Dec 31, 2002

que lástima
If your discount is military or government then you will keep it.