Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

I hope this is the right thread for this.

I have an ATT LG G2 that I just unlocked to use on T-Mobile. It can make and receive calls and texts, and it gets 4G data, however I'm not getting 4G LTE data. The signal never says lte next to it, and doing a speed test I'm only getting between 1-8mbps whereas on my Galaxy S5 I was getting 35+

I set up the APN settings with what I believe to be the correct settings. I've seen online people saying to go to settings, tethering and networks, then network mode to ensure lte is selected. Well I don't even have an option of network mode. I've tried the shortcut for 3845#*800# then lte only, then modem settings, then rat selector. I don't have a rat selector option.

Any help?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

Speed question

I'm currently using a Galaxy S5 on T-Mobile, so getting LTE. I'm selling this phone for financial reasons and am looking to get something cheaper. Looking at the new Moto G, how much of a speed difference do you think I would notice? The new Moto G doesn't do LTE, but it does HSPA+ which from my understanding can be quite fast on T-Mobile's network, yes? I'm in SE Michigan which generally has good coverage since I am right outside of Detroit.

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

Do we know how the open enrollment is going to work? Can anyone just trade in their current financed phone for a new one, or does the current one need to be paid off 50%?

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

4G: LTE 800 / 900 / 1800 / 2100 / 2600

Will this phone work on T-Mobile? I notice the 1700 band is missing.

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

Trip Daddy X posted:

4G: LTE 800 / 900 / 1800 / 2100 / 2600

Will this phone work on T-Mobile? I notice the 1700 band is missing.

Anyone know? Looking to buy a phone but want to make sure.

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

GENDERWEIRD GREEDO posted:

This might help:

http://www.prepaidphonenews.com/2014/09/what-phone-works-with-which-operator.html

Looks like you'll really suffer when it comes to data connections since TMobile uses 1700 for 3G and primary LTE.

Exactly what I needed, thanks! Glad I didn't spend the money yet.

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

So right now I have a 16 gb 6 and i'm paying 19 a month on my jump plan. it's be 20 for a 6s. 24 for a 6s+. I'd still have to pay the sales tax if I jumped to the new phone, right?

Yeah, sales tax on full retail.

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

ryangs posted:

So Jump on Demand for the 64GB iPhone 6s is only $20/month. I'm paying $27 a month right now for my 64GB 6 on the plain old equipment installment plan. Am I totally missing something, or is there any reason not to do Jump on Demand?

Because you'll never own the phone, you're just leasing it. So if that's not a big deal to you, then no not really.

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

Millions posted:

I'm switching from AT&T to T-Mobile tomorrow, and I have a newbie question since this is the first time I've switched carriers. I'll be activating an unlocked iPhone 5C, and should be receiving a 6S+ on Friday. When I get the new phone, is activating it as easy as popping the SIM out of the 5C and putting it in the 6S+, or do I need to head to a T-Mobile shop for any reason?

The only possible reason you'd need to go to a store is if those two phones took different size sim cards, then you'd either need a new sim or an adapter. But if they are the same size, then just pop it in and you're good to go.

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

You pay whatever they decide the monthly rate for the 7 is. So you walk in, hand them your 6, pay $100 down, and then the $27 a month (assuming it's the exact same pricing scheme as the 6).

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

I'm so confused by the iPhone 6S pricing for Jump on Demand. Can anyone help clarify for me?

Here is the pricing:

https://explore.t-mobile.com/iphone-6s-and-iphone-6s-plus/why-t-mobile

I currently have Jump on Demand. I have an LG G4. Looking at that chart, in the fine print at the bottom, it says if you trade in an LG G4 you can get the same pricing as an iPhone 5s/ Note 4/ GS5 trade in. Does this count for me as well, since I have an LG G4 using JoD? Or is it for new people who are trading in a fully paid off LG G4 and just getting onto JoD?

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

I called care to clarify. That pricing is if you trade in a phone that you own outright, not one you are currently leasing or have through jump on demand.

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

They have the nexus 5 and 6

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

Octatonic posted:

Oh! The website's just not showing me any new ones I guess, just pre-owned. Probably not a problem?

Thanks for this!

I've ordered a couple of their pre owned devices, and besides the box they looked brand new, so up to you. Warranty is only 90 days though I believe.

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

barracks haircut posted:

Has anyone had luck with T-Mobile 'Certified Pre-Owned" phones? I'm upgrading from a basic phone on the old 1500 talk/text prepaid plan. I bought it for $20 at Target in '12 so anything is an upgrade.

I've purchased a few for my parents. They looked and acted brand new. My dad has been using his LG G3 heavily for a year now with no issues at all. My mom is a light user of her xperia zip for about 6 months with no issues either. So as long as you are OK with a much shorter warranty, I believe 3 months, they are a good value

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

barracks haircut posted:

Right on, thanks. Is there any reason the selection of used phones is different on the prepaid side of T-mobile's site versus the postpaid side?

Not sure why they would do that. When I broke my last phone I just went to the store and bought a prepaid one and put my sim in no problem. All their phones will work on pre or post pay

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

Meldonox posted:

I'm pretty tempted to replace my Nexus 5 with an S7, but I haven't shopped for a phone in ages, and when I got my last it was direct through Google. I don't get an upgrade discount or anything since I'm on the nerd plan, so is there anywhere I can look to get a good deal, or should I just give in and pick something up at the brick and mortar?

You'll just be paying full retail price at the store. Go on eBay or something and find a company selling them brand new for less.

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

Hey guys seriously can someone explain why this is bad? I get you Gus are saying net neutrality but I don't get it really. I see unlimited and think good so why is it bad? In non nerd talk please

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

If my wife and I both have phones with Jump on Demand and we want to leave tmobile, do we have to turn in our phones AND pay the remaining months on the lease?

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

Anyone know what the deal is with the free Galaxy S7? The website says trade in a Note 5 or S6 or "other device". What exactly counts as an other device? Can I get a garbage $20 prepaid phone and trade it in?

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

Historically tmobile has been good about letting you keep an old plan pretty much as long as you want.

The "uncarrier" gets more and more expensive with every "event"

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

E2M2 posted:

So in a month or two I have to pay the remaining balance on my Galaxy S6. They are saying you can just turn it in? Does that mean you get some credit too or you get no value and get out of what is owed? Kinda wanna get a G6 when they come out.

Yeah don't get an LG.

But like the other poster said if it's jump on demand you can pay off the remaining balance and keep it, or turn it in and lease a new phone.

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

So is the BOGO galaxy S8 only for new subscribers?

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

Is the $300 trade in towards the iPhone 8 good in store? If so, do I have to leave my existing phone with them in the spot?

I want to upgrade but man I get the feeling there will be a BOGO on the 7 or something soon.

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

SeANMcBAY posted:

Do they give more for iPhone 7s?

No. $300 for 6, 6S, 7, and the plus models. Which means a good deal for 6 models, decent deal for 6s models, and not so great for 7 models.

END OF AN ERROR fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Oct 23, 2017

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

Iím confused. If I get the ZTE Quartz smartwatch, do I have to have a data plan for it? Can it just run off my phone?

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

Iím looking to switch my parents from Sprint to my T-Mobile account. I believe T-Mobile will pay off your financed phone up to $650 per line. Is there any reason NOT to get brand new phones on their Sprint lines before I switch to T-Mobile? Couldnít I get two nice phones and just have T-Mobile give me $650 towards each of them?

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

nimper posted:

Does that offer require that you finance phones on T-Mobile?

It does. But I could just get their cheapest phone which is like $5 a month.

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

nimper posted:

Does it also require that you trade in the Sprint phones?

Doesnít look like it. Qualifying service, port in, and finance agreement.

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

FYI T-Mobile is currently running the add a 3rd line and get a 4th line free promo

It can be combined with other promos as well. Just got off the phone with a rep. Added two lines with one being free, did the bogo Galaxy s8ís with trade in and port in, and they will also be sending me a gift card to pay off the leased phone from sprint that is being ported in.

END OF AN ERROR fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Feb 12, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

e.pilot posted:

Just switched to t-mo from sprint tonight. How bad of a decision was this?

Depends on where you live. In metro Detroit sprint was almost unusable for me, but T-Mobile is ridiculously good.