Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

I'm looking at having T-Mobile pay off my remaining stuff at Sprint so I can jump over to them. Problem is, I am not sure when I walk into Sprint tomorrow to get the info they want that I'll have an Termination Fee attached, as I have no contract with Sprint currently (to my knowledge), just a bunch of devices I am paying off.

The rep at T-Mobile told me that that should be fine as long as I get a printout that has information about the Early Termination Fee on it from Sprint before I start the switch process and get my new device. Can someone who knows tell me if this sounds on the up and up? I only have around $350 left on my devices at Sprint and I've love to have T-Mobile pay for it instead of me.

Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Cool. Thank you! Looking forward to switching over~

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

The only thing I think you'd really need unlimited for is if you're using a Plex Server or something similar to stream a lot of media constantly. I am having to change my habits from that to just enjoying Spotify, and so far I am loving the free music & video services, but I am also going to sit on my 10gb plan for 1 or 2 months to see how far under I go before I drop to a lower gig plan.

The other nice thing is that any data you don't use each month rolls over to a pool for usage your next month, capping at I think 10gb? (Someone can correct me). So my plan is to do this for 2 months, build that pool, switch to a lower data plan, and see how I do.

And also there are no overages so even if I do end up going over I'm just getting slower internet, not a bunch of charges. Wooo~

Please tell me if anything is wrong I am a new and happy customer :3:

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Looks like T-Mobile broke something cause I can't text anymore.

Of course after uninstalling BASICALLY EVERYTHING to try to see what I hosed up the T-Mobile app won't load and people are reporting issues the past hour. Great.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I would still take $15 off $40 underwear over a $0 Suicide Squad ticket.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Can I still downsize to chunked data like before? I'm on the 10gb/month plan but that's far too much and I was planning on going down to like, 4-6 or whatever.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I used the website to drop my 10GB / mo plan to 6GB / mo cause I'm barely hitting 3 each month. Hoping my stash doesn't vanish and I didn't gently caress nothing up~

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Google Pixel seriously making me consider switching to GoogleFi. How easy is my not-a-contract-but-a-JUMP-phone to turn back in and cancel without having to pay anything if my phone is in good condition :v:

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

How do you like GoogleFi after switching from T-mo? Is there a GoogleFi thread? I'm thinking about doing the same even though I just switched to T-Mo in July. I like them but my bill is too high.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

T-mobile texted me when I got to Europe telling me how exciting it was that I got free data roaming and texting. I noticed that they said I could enjoy this for the month of December, ending on the 31st. Is this a limited offer, or am I good into the new year?

The new year is in 20 minutes so if anyone knows I'd appreciate it, thanks :v:

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

My Samsung S7 edge has suddenly decided that it will no longer connect to data or cellular networks. WiFi works fine. Is this a common problem? Pretty sure I didn't forget to pay my bill.... We just got pushed a new cell service update last week and suddenly this isn't working anymore so I am wondering if anyone else is having issues

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

repeating posted:

Have you tried Settings>Backup and reset>Reset network settings?

It does matter. For example, third-party stores generally won't honor requests for free SIM cards whereas corporate stores will.

Yeah that wasnt doing anything. a hard factory reset fixed the problem, we'll see if it stays or if it slowly breaks again.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I'm currently on the Jump plan, which I like a lot, but I'm looking at switching over the the "2 lines for $100" deal so I can get my mom a smartphone, as she's on an old Sprint flip and it would only cost me about 30 bucks more a month to put her on my plan (which is what she currently pays monthly on sprint).

Is there any negative to me for switching to the Jump plan? I don't stream a ton of video content, and while I do stream music, I don't ever really hit close to my current 6 gig, so unlimited would mean maybe I could stream a bit more from Plex instead of Spotify which on Jump, the audio quality ain't so good.

My main question is would I still be able to "jump" to a new phone if I moved over to this 2-line unlimited deal, or is it going back to contracts? And are there any other big downsides that I'm not thinking about?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

My friend was really bummed I got a $4 ticket to the movie & wants to go with me, so if anyone has an extra code they aren't using and wants to PM it to me I know he'd be a happy friend

I'd give him mine but I want to go :v:

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

datajosh posted:

I certainly don't need it so I'll send you mine

You're the best! Thank you!

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Yeah when I went to Amsterdam last year I think I had to call and make sure the switch was flipped for Free International Everything, but it should be on by default. Super handy.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Yeah I will also chime in and say that nobody should order in store at all, sadly, unless you can walk out with the phone in your hand that day.

I went in beginning of July to take advantage of the FREE iPHONE SE to finally get my mom a smartphone, and to switch from an Android device to an iPhone 7 Plus. They didn't have one in stock, so they ordered one for me.

Except they ordered an iPhone 7, not a plus, and I, assuming that the rep would have ordered the right thing since we were discussing 'iPhone 7 Plus' the entire time, didn't think to double check the final order.

Of course then you can't return the thing in store, you can only mail it in, and at that point you're ordering A SECOND phone, so I got charged twice for downpayments.

But then that can't go back on my credit card for whatever reason, so I got a bill credit.

And then of course it takes them a while to process the return so I have two months of my Lease on a phone I never actually owned or wanted that I have been assured will be refunded to me on next months bill (not holding my breath).

It has been a nightmare to sort out. Order online always, apparently, cause this poo poo is not worth the hassle.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Man Iím paying $177 a month for me and my momís phone. What are all these $15/mo plans and why is TMobile always ripping me off :/

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I posted in here cause I have T-mobile, lol. Financing one phone. Guess I need to check my bill and yell at someone.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Are all these promos for new accounts when they come up or can you figure out a way to swap a current account to them?

My 177 is 100 for two lines + 10+15 per line for...existing or something, then my phone financing, then fees. I guess itís actually a pretty accurate deal but ď100 for two lines!Ē when youíre really paying 125 after everything is poop :/

Unrelated - has anyone been having iPhone issues since the carrier update pushed yesterday? Apps on my 7 are straight locking for 30 seconds (can still close them but rebooting them returns them in a locked state) and my home screen movement is lagging sometimes. Might be unrelated but thatís the only thing that changed yesterday

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I just got a second headline that said ďT-Mobile agrees to merge with SprintĒ which sounds like Sprint is going to be the primary company and I am not thrilled about that at all!

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I just grabbed it and applied it. Are you in the US?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

My 7 has a scratch down the middle, anyone know if they give partial credit for damaged stuff or is it a flat reject?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Can confirm that logging in through the web worked. I even did it on my iOS device!