Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nickutz
Feb 3, 2004

Put blue and red chicken in mouth plz
I traveled to Omaha last fall and T-Mo worked fine for me. Even tethered a bit to avoid the hotel wifi and it was plenty fast for general use. That's just my experience though.

On another note, I got a Nexus 7 through T-Mo in January and have the free data for life with on demand data that I buy when I travel. For the last two months they have not automatically put the offsetting bill credit of $10 for the 200MB free data. They've fixed it each it time but I hope it's not a monthly recurrence for me to have to contact billing every drat month.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nickutz
Feb 3, 2004

I didn't stray too far from either the centurylink center or Hilton garden inn and the surrounding restaurants/bars.

nickutz
Feb 3, 2004

I was cleaning out a drawer today and found two T-Mobile SIM cards. One Mini SIM and one Micro SIM. Both still eligible to be activated. I was going to throw them away but instead I will mail them for free to whoever wants 'em.

nickutz
Feb 3, 2004

A new challenger has appeared!

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/07/31/us-tmobile-iliad-idUSKBN0G01Z620140731

quote:

French telecoms operator Iliad SA has made a buyout offer for T-Mobile USA Inc, a person familiar with the matter said, countering an offer by Sprint Corp.

Seems unlikely with how small Iliad is, unless they can secure the funding.

nickutz
Feb 3, 2004

All my group texts in hangouts end up with a message prefix of <subject:nosubject> for all incoming texts. Googling around didn't seem to help, has anyone else fixed this?

nickutz
Feb 3, 2004

5S and 5C have wifi calling for T-Mobile in one of the betas for iOS 8.

nickutz
Feb 3, 2004

when you Jump it eliminates your old EIP and you start a new one. You pay the sales tax of the phone you're Jumping to.

nickutz
Feb 3, 2004

Do T-Mobile stores have iPhone's available for walk-in purchases on launch day, or are they all used to fill pre-orders?

nickutz
Feb 3, 2004

If I hadn't signed up for JUMP a year ago under the original terms I wouldn't even bother with it now.

nickutz
Feb 3, 2004

ryangs posted:

That's what the guy at my local retail store said. Now, he could just be basing that off past experience. He may not know what he's getting until it arrives this evening.

I called mine and they said they don't even know anything about their shipment regarding how many total or the breakdown by storage capacity.

Also called 611 to order the Cellspot and was not charged a deposit or shipping. While talking to the rep she said the stores will mostly get 16GB models because it's the most popular, but will still carry the higher capacities.

nickutz fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Sep 18, 2014

nickutz
Feb 3, 2004

Another Poster posted:

Can I order the CellSpot if I'm not currently living at the billing address? On family plan and currently away at college so I'm wondering if I can still get the router or not.

I'm not living at my billing address, but that's where they will ship it. I don't even have a wifi-calling compatible phone on my account either.

nickutz
Feb 3, 2004

I'm going to stop by my city's t-mobile store tomorrow for the 8am opening and I'm interested to see how many other people will be there. The in-store rep only mentioned getting there to wait by 7:30. T-mobile is such an afterthought were I live that we only have one corporate store. I think they're even behind US Cellular in my market, and I wouldn't be surprised if the bigger MVNOs outnumber them.

This probably means the corporate store will only get enough 16GB 6's to count on your fingers.

nickutz
Feb 3, 2004

My store got 10 64GB 6's in space grey. I ended up getting one only waiting for a little over an hour. Lots of people waiting passed on them to put orders in for the 16GB or a 6 Plus.

nickutz
Feb 3, 2004

edit: TMO fixed it

nickutz fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Oct 22, 2014

nickutz
Feb 3, 2004

I used my work email to sign up for corporateperks.com and get (I think) 15% off T-mobile service, but I did that as soon as I saw they were ending the discounts.

nickutz
Feb 3, 2004

Does making a claim on the handset protection affect your upgrade eligibility with JUMP?

nickutz
Feb 3, 2004

Is T-Mobile's billing system totally incompetent? I had a Nexus 7 line financed via EIP, which I paid off early a couple week ago. This is properly reflected in my list of completed EIP's with a zero balance. New billing cycle rolls over and I'm being charged the $16 dollars for the monthly installment. This is at least the second time I've been billed for a completed EIP.

nickutz
Feb 3, 2004

Reported today that Apple Music streaming is now included in T-Mobile's Music Freedom.

nickutz
Feb 3, 2004

I don't understand how but T-Mobile fucks up my bill every other month.

nickutz
Feb 3, 2004

Yeah I'm not sure I understand it either. I have Simple Choice ($50/mo) and an iPhone 6 64GB (~$27/mo).

If I trade in for a 6S 64GB, would I actually be paying less?

nickutz
Feb 3, 2004

Super Dude posted:

For this model to work, T-mobile needs to be completely cut out of the process for being added to the service. Any company should be able to add themselves.

T-Mobile can't be cut out, as they have to work with each service be able to identify their packets to bypass the data cap.

nickutz
Feb 3, 2004

T-Mobile just announced Binge On: Unlimited Video Streaming. Appears many major services are supported.

nickutz
Feb 3, 2004

T Mobile giving out MLB.tv premium to their customers this year in addition to the usual free At Bat app subscription.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nickutz
Feb 3, 2004

Astro7x posted:

Son of a... If just went in as part of a group sub on SA

Yeah my roommate already bought it for the year, oh well! Shouldn't use AT&T!