System Message

The forum store is down for maintenance. The forums will remain available throughout. Sorry for the inconvenience!
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

savesthedayrocks
Mar 18, 2004

I'm pretty sure that plan is for new customers so you may need to port out first.

The Mango posted:

Since T-Mobile got rid of the $3 pay by the day 3G/talk/text plan, it looks like I now want to switch my paygo account (with a $65 balance) to the $30/month nerd plan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

savesthedayrocks
Mar 18, 2004

Can someone help me with the iPhone XR deal? Iím a current customer and it says I qualify for 0 down and a $20.84 monthly payment ďon approved creditĒ

What qualities as approved credit?
Is there any set up fees?
Can you make extra payments towards the device at any time?

Also, with the current offer Iím reading you have to add a line to get the device credit, right? Or is that an additional credit, and the phone trade in is another?

savesthedayrocks
Mar 18, 2004

Gotcha. Before I logged in it had choices for good or average so I assumed when I logged in they already had that info. Thanks for clearing that up.

savesthedayrocks
Mar 18, 2004

Boxman posted:

I'm currently on the old T-Mobile One Plus plan - is there any downside to swapping to the Magenta Max plan? I see I lose voicemail-to-text, but iPhone visual voicemail handles that anyway.

It's a really dumbass reason (I can't get the free year of Apple TV+ without a Magenta-branded plan), but if there's literally no downside I might as well take the benefit. And its not like they're going to add benefits for the old plans, right?

Someone mentioned an old ďkickbackĒ program, where if you didnít use your data you got credit. Iím on the same plan and donít have that, so for me it just comes down to cost. If you have the T-Mobile app, and go into manage plans, thereís a comparison tool.

savesthedayrocks
Mar 18, 2004

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Deals be damned, I donít think Iím ever doing an upgrade through Best Buy again. the system requires you to activate a new SIM card in order to process the sale and trade-in so there went my primarily line (for a bit). Thankfully the process of getting the line back on eSim is pretty drat quick and painless through the app message support (tell them what you want, send them the EID, and the rest you do on the phone itself). So I thought I was finally done but wait, thereís more! Since the promotion was for a t-mobile iphone this 13 mini is sim locked! So now I have to request a carrier unlock as well!

Just kidding, the deal is actually totally worth this one day headache. Since they hosed up the first attempt at trade in they discounted the cost of the SIM card so I only paid $85 total for the phone after taxes AND they gave me a $50 gift card for the trouble / additional wait.

I had to put in for a carrier unlock request through the message support since the website doesnít recognize my 13 mini right now (probably because itís seeing the eSim now) so I think in the future you want to unlock first then transfer to eSim.

At least you got yours today. I was told today when I ordered, but now itís whenever they feel like it (their email says ďa couple daysĒ).