Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

b0nes
Sep 11, 2001
I'm on T-Mobile prepaid, specifically the unlimited dada/100 minute pan. Is there any way for me to use Google Voice? Right now I only have access to a special number to check voicemail, and when someone leaves me a message I have to use some of my minutes to retrieve them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

b0nes
Sep 11, 2001

gariig posted:

You can use the Google Voice app. There's also an iOS app. You can check at https://google.com/voice
I know about the app, but how does it hook into the voicemail system? I am dialing a separate number to check my voicemail, not my own.
Edit: it doesn't work for T-mobile Prepaid.

b0nes
Sep 11, 2001

Doctor rear end in a top hat posted:

Only if they call your GV number. If they call your T-Mobile number they'll get RNA.

e: Unless you answer.

If they call my prepaid number and I dont answer what happens? Not sure what RNA means.
I'm just tired of people leaving voicemails then it costs me minutes to retrieve them and they aren't even important.

b0nes
Sep 11, 2001
Is this just for monthly plans? I'm on prepaid. If this extends to prepaid I have another reason not to leave t-mobile

Edit: it does! I've been streaming for a while now and it hasn't counted against my data allocation.

b0nes fucked around with this message at 07:52 on Jun 19, 2014

b0nes
Sep 11, 2001

Oneiros posted:

Anyone on the $30 nerd plan check out your tethering / personal hotspot. I tried using mine on a whim today and it's working (iPhone 5). No separate tethering data allotment listed on my account, it appears to just be using the normal 5GB.
It says in my account settings I am allowed 100mb of hotspot data out of the 5gb they give me.

b0nes
Sep 11, 2001

Oneiros posted:

I don't have that quota listed anywhere I can find. I've seen screenshots of it but my account page just looks like this:

b0nes
Sep 11, 2001
you can't swap SIM cards online anymore can you? I followed the link and it defaults to the main page.

b0nes
Sep 11, 2001

bobfather posted:

Go to http://www.tmobile.com/sim, log in, and you'll be at the swap setting page.

I'm logged in and it keeps redirecting me to the t-mobile home page.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

b0nes
Sep 11, 2001
I just found out the Z3 isn't being sold by T-Mobile anymore. Do you think any of the stores will have them in the back? Or are they not even supposed to physically sell them at all? Also If I jumped on the 2 lines of unlimited data for $100 deal, could I split this with someone? And what will happen if they decide to not pay?