Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

air- posted:

Also looking for a T-Mobile employee to help out with switching a physical sim to an esim! Had someone at a local store willing to give it a shot, but couldn't get it working :(

Did you already try chatting/calling care?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

astral
Apr 26, 2004

air- posted:

Actually wasn't even aware I could do it on the Tmobile app chat, gonna install that and give it a shot thanks! The employee in store initially brought up the esim app but I'm on a Pixel and obviously the app is for IOS...

Yeah very few things actually require you to actually go into a phone store these days, which is especially handy during COVID-19. Good luck!

astral
Apr 26, 2004

SeANMcBAY posted:

Does anyone know the date Sprint officially becomes T-Mobile for Sprint users?

I've seen start of August floated a lot.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

I thought the 850 stuff went to Dish in the deal. Either way, it was the 2500 that T-Mobile was primarily after.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

McGurk posted:

I just moved and the Tmo signal is pretty bad being far off the main road. I bought a booster off Amazon but it could never find a signal to boost. What are my options here? Wifi calling and stuff works fine but I'd still like to have a signal in case our ISP goes down.

Does your phone support band 71?

e: clicked the ? and saw an iPhone XR/11 mentioned; both of those should support it. Next steps might be to snag a prepaid SIM from some other carrier to test their signal quality.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Yeah, that sucks. Verizon got away with it, so T-Mobile wants to join in. In the meantime you should be able to manually pay early with a CC to still get the discount (and CC-based cell phone insurance) unless/until they squash that loophole.