Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SurgicalOntologist
Jun 17, 2004

My wife and I are thinking of finally moving off our parents' family plans and it looks like the T-Mobile unlimited plan is our best option. However it's not a rush--do promos come up often? Should we wait?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SurgicalOntologist
Jun 17, 2004

Apparently not? Unless I'm missing something.

SurgicalOntologist
Jun 17, 2004

Oh my bad. Thanks. I followed a different link and got a "sorry this deal is no longer available page".

Edit: what are the thread's thoughts on the $12/mo protection service? Seems higher than I've paid in the past with Verizon but maybe I don't remember. Are there other insurance options?

Also, there are some free options such as visual voicemail and wifi calling hidden behind a "more options" button. I guess we need to check them to activate or is it automatic? Is there any downside? Seems weird to have free options that need to be selected like that. We're doing the $5/mo plus or whatever if that matters.

SurgicalOntologist fucked around with this message at 22:29 on May 4, 2017

SurgicalOntologist
Jun 17, 2004

Any chance I could get that retroactively? I purchased a S8+ like three days ago.

SurgicalOntologist
Jun 17, 2004

It's probably worth doing either way, but if I go to the store for that can they just give me the same phone back? Or at least transfer the data? And should I bring the iPhone that we purchased in the same order in too?

SurgicalOntologist
Jun 17, 2004

No worries. Thanks for the heads up on the deal!

SurgicalOntologist
Jun 17, 2004

It took me awhile on the phone but I was able to swing it where I get one new line, order two new phones, and still keep the one I just bought a few days ago until the new ones arrive. Then I'll return the oldest one and swap the SIMs around. A headache but worth it for an S8 for only the price of 2 months of service + sales tax + activation + maybe restocking fee (I've seen conflicting information whether my online order will be charged restocking--either way, worth it). The guy I talked to also confirmed that I'd be able to get two VR Gear promos as well.

SurgicalOntologist
Jun 17, 2004

No, but you need to add at least one line (and keep one phone on it; the other can be on an existing line must be on a line).

SurgicalOntologist
Jun 17, 2004

I'm getting my S8 replaced with Premimum Protection, and I was hoping to sell it as I also have an S8+ (did the 2-for-1 deal a few months back) I would rather use. Will I be able to unlock the phone without opening the box? Does the 40-day timer for unlocking start over?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SurgicalOntologist
Jun 17, 2004

I'm selling a Samsung S8 that I got as a replacement from Assurant for an insurance claim. I've heard that Assurant sometimes gives out refurbished phones; is there any way to tell? Ideally just from the IMEI because I'm trying to sell it sealed so there is less room for shenanigans.

I'd give a discount to a goon I guess so let me know if anyone is interested. I priced it at $440 at swappa which I think is generous but I'm worried about getting scammed by buyers there.