Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Alright, so what's the best deal these days for switching to t-mobile? I'm out of contract with ATT, and I just got my unlock verification for my iphone. I'm paying $90/month now for the grandfathered unlimited data plan. They raised it $10 over the last two years. That price is with a 20% FAN discount, too.

From what I understand t-mobile does 15% discount for veterans.

I don't necessarily need unlimited data. Definitely need unlimited text. I looked over my previous usage and I seem to hit about 3-5gb/month. That's with a lot of spotify streaming though, something I can easily cut back on. It would be nice to have the option to tether.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Thanks for the replies. I'll check out the t-mobile one plan, does that include tethering?

What incentive for they have to give a chump like me the 20% off? A sale? Just seems a bit forward/rude if I've never met the person. "Yo brother how about that 20% off and free warranty"

I've been with ATT for like 10 years so I'm a bit clueless on all this. I can just walk into a t-mobile, transfer my number, get a sim card, and be on my way right? Then I can cancel ATT after the fact?

Also does anyone know if I have to restore my phone to officially unlock it or will a new SIM and restart do it?

Thanks!!!

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Yes it includes tethering. The 20% is an offer (T-Mobile Hookup) they have until the end of March I believe and it's for starting a new device and porting your phone number. Each sales associate gets a code they can use 5 times so yeah it really comes down to asking someone for the code when you're talking to them about switching over.

Also with AT&T if you're already outside the contract the line will automatically get cancelled once you port the number out. The phone being unlocked depends on where you got it. If it's from ATT you'll need to unlock it first BEFORE porting / cancelling. If it's retail or from Apple it should already be unlocked.

Thanks, gonna check out the local one today.

I got the ATT unlock email verification, everything I'm reading online says you don't have to backup/erase/restore the phone anymore to trigger the unlock/activation. Guess I'll find out.

See if I can schmooze a code. Hope they're all not gone by now. If any goons work there and can hook up a code then holla. I'll get you an AV or something nice and some kisses. Was curious if all else fails and checked ebay and I guess people are selling them for $30 lol. Guess it's worth it in the long run

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 14:04 on Mar 19, 2017

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Alright, just switched from ATT. Thanks for the input/help from this thread. Kindly asked if anyone had a hookup code. The guy was bummed I wasn't porting over multiple lines or anything, nice guy though.

If anyone was wondering, if you get your iphone carrier unlocked, you don't have to restore or anything. Simply putting in the new sim was all that was needed, didn't even have to restart. Then just sign back into your icloud.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Don Lapre posted:

If you didn't get a code keep an eye on reddit, you can apply the code after you signed up as long as its in the promo period.

Oh no he still helped me out and gave me a code. I applied it etc but it's not reflecting on my account or anything, but I'm sure I have to wait a bit.

But still this is like almost $30/less a month. Glad I asked in here during March. I should just kiss y'all and buy you dick AVs.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Yeah, can't sign up until April 4th, but do need the Tuesday app

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

MLB has to be redeemed by Wednesday morning apparently

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

RodShaft posted:

My wife and I are thinking of jumping ship off sprint. Customer service has just been horrible this year and with them being rid of upgrades after 2 years, there's no point in keeping our sero accounts. She needs to have an apple phone for work, and I'm locked into Android. Is the $100 all in plan the best deal I use an insane amount of data, so unlimited is kinda a must. What's this 20% off thing people are talking about?

Ended in March. You can ask if and when you port lines if there's any promos they can apply

I switched from ATT, glad I did

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

They started that a while ago didn't they? iPhone 5?

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

I think the two lines for $100 is still going on and a good deal

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Yeah mine was reflected on my first bill

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Ya I'll send you mine

Anyone is welcome to my ticket :shrug:

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

GoldfishStew posted:

I would love ur ticket.

You don't have PMs. Post your email then edit it out or something so I can send you a screen shot

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Sent

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

:tipshat:

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Anyone else want mine

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Sent pm

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Anyone want any of my Tuesday poo poo

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Anyone want my hitman ticket

-edit lol or I guess $100 in Postmates delivery fees to be used within the week

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Aug 15, 2017

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

lol 64 or 256 gb

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

free MLB is cool but man these Tuesday deals have been getting worse and worse

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

$1 off a medium milkshake like why bother

I’m cool with freely weekly video rentals or w/e

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Duckman2008 posted:

The better promos may not be sustainable price wise.

well, yeah. First world problems and all that. Just bitching to bitch here don’t mind me

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

drat I left ATT to go to the cheaper variety that “wasn’t sprint” welp

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

wormil posted:

Every person I know with Sprint, hates them. I remember one girl from work who was always in the backroom yelling at Sprint because her bill was hosed up ... again, literally every month.

I was seriously gonna post about this. It seemed like Stockholm syndrome or just plain naivety. I guess using the proprietary hardware a la Verizon doesn’t help

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Nintendo ds was really popular at that time?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

So I have two lines on the tmobile one or w/e plan with unlimited everything. I got that lifetime 20% discount they were giving out a while back. Do I lose that if I switch to the tmobile military(veteran) one plan? I guess in the end I’d save more money on the military one anyway?

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

My iPhone X service has dropped considerably over the last few weeks and my mic seems to only work when it wants to. Speaker phone or Bluetooth is fine.

I’m on iOS beta for 12 but my gfs phone isn’t on beta but has the same service bar droppage. Her mic seems fine

Any ideas? Voice memos seems to work fine. I’m guessing it’s just beta poo poo, but service bars have definitely dropped all around

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 07:15 on Aug 16, 2018

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Did they run out of Pandora codes? I’m not seeing it in the Tuesdays app and I’m sure I’m the primary account holder.

Just claimed mine. They changed the Tuesday app a bit. You have to “claim/save” deals for them to show up under available

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

I think it’s only one per account? Maybe you have to be the primary account holder? or someone else claimed...?

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Mad Wack posted:

new iphones have band 71 heck yes

what dis

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

oh drat finally a decent food deal that isn’t just a $1 menu item

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

drat that’s one of those streaming services where obscure movies you want to watch are only on that one

But ofc now I can’t think of any of them

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

did antifa do this

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Free MLB lol (jk idk)

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

does scam shield do anything

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

SeANMcBAY posted:

iOS can do this now.

Yeah to be fair it took a while but it’s finally a thing

Just sucks if you’re applying for a job or some such

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

anecdotal but got an iPhone 12 the other day in store with a delivery date mid-January, but I guess it’s coming today

Cool cool cool

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

oh poo poo sorry
iPhone 12 pro & iPhone 12 pro max. Those two apparently are hard to come by and stores only got a few

The 12 and mini most seemed to have in stock at 128gb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

sooo AppleCare or the T-Mobile protection/insurance?