Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

You should be able to walk into a store and get a sim, yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

I think it allows two phone upgrades a year.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

His posting:

quote:

With Simple Choice, Value & Transparency Are For Everyone

By John Legere, President and Chief Executive Officer

March 28, 2014

I’m writing to let you know about another step we’re taking in our Un-carrier movement to bring true fairness and freedom to US wireless.

As the Un-carrier, we have one totally transparent Simple Choice rate plan, and it’s already a screaming deal. And, we keep making it better and better. In fact, just last month, we added…

- more 4G LTE data – at no extra cost,

- more Simple Global countries, making the world your network in even more places – at no extra cost,

- texting from the US to virtually anywhere in the world – at no extra cost.

Beginning April 1, T-Mobile will be moving away from employer rate plan discounts and replacing them with a T-Mobile reward card of $25 each time an employee purchases a new device. It's simple, clear and transparent – like everything we do. For a family of four who upgrade their devices once a year, that’s as much as $100 off. $200 if they upgrade twice a year.

The old programs were designed to help big carriers close big corporate contracts, with employees as bargaining chips. We aren’t playing that game anymore. This change is about simplifying wireless for everyone … including employees of small and large companies alike.

The other guys’ best plans with fat corporate discounts still can’t match the value of our Simple Choice plan. We offer the best deal in wireless. Period.

A year ago, I promised we’d change this industry, and this is just one more step in the movement. And, we're not done yet. Stay tuned.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

I understand that the company needs to make sure they've got enough capital to spend on network improvements, but the way it's being spun feels a little disingenuous.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

http://www.theverge.com/2014/6/18/5822996/t-mobile-music-freedom-net-neutrality

quote:

It sounds wonderful — and right in line with the "uncarrier" image that firebrand CEO John Legere has worked so hard to cultivate — but it's a terribly slippery slope: T-Mobile has decided, arbitrarily, that some of the data traveling over its pipes should count against a cap, while other data should not. What's to stop it from using data cap exemptions as a punitive measure against content providers that aren't on good terms with T-Mobile (or its parent company Deutsche Telekom)?

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

I know not all 5S models have the same LTE band support, but the newer CDMA model for Verizon should have enough coverage for TMob.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Closest I can find, from the bottom of http://www.t-mobile.com/offer/data-stash-data-roll.html

quote:

Data Stash: On-network data from past 12 months carries over to next billing cycle for as long as you maintain qualifying postpaid service.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

T-Mob threw me the 10GB data stash even though I'm on a plan that predates the new Simple Choice ones. Now if only I had use for it.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

If the whole idea to TMob Tuesday is to hammer their servers for a limited supply of freebies, feels like kind of a waste of time.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

I ordered a pizza last night using the TMobile coupon code, and marked it for pickup today. The Dominos online site has no record of my order having been placed, even though I got the confirmation email. So I get to roll down there at 6:30 and hope they somehow have the order, and/or that they'll believe me when I show them the confirmation email that the total cost was only $2. Probably should have paid with my credit card as opposed to opting for in store.

Also grabbed the Warcraft ticket, took the sting off an Imax 3D price. Will probably get the stock later.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

You can redeem on Tuesday for a future carry-out date, which is quite nice.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Looked at the fine print for the Dominos pizza coupon today, they only accept a maximum of 100 coupons per store. That means a lot of customers are going to be assed out, unless they're ordering super early in the day.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Astro7x posted:

Aww... was hoping to get another Vudu rental today.
I miss the free pizza. Was hoping they'd move to a 50% off coupon as opposed to dropping out entirely.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

http://www.pcmag.com/news/347143/t-mobiles-uncarrier-12-unlimited-plans-what-you-need-to

quote:

Is T-Mobile getting rid of all of its other plans?
No. This was the most confusing part of this morning's announcement. T-Mobile's $50 2GB plan and $65 6GB plan will still exist, Sherrard said, although he reserved the right to yank them "over time" and "eventually." The only real immediate change is that the $70 T-Mobile One plan is replacing the previous $95 unlimited plan.

"We'll still have the rest of the Simple Choice lineup, you can still go buy that $50 plan," Sherrard said.

The Simple Choice plans will still be better deals for people who don't use a lot of data, especially because they have rollover data that accumulates from month to month. They'll also be better deals for people who tether their phone to a PC.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

So just to get it right, once Simple Choice is killed off all new customers will pay $70 a month for one line, no matter what?

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

What model iPhone 8 do you have? iPhone 8 Models A1863 and A1864 have CDMA support and would be able to be used on Verizon.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Over There posted:

It's A1897. For some reason he is saying that it should work. Maybe he's just wrong.
https://www.apple.com/iphone-8/specs/

According to their own spec site, the A1897 does not support CDMA. :(

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Wow, MintSIM is pretty nice. I think the only drawback is no free international roaming/texting, but if you don't cross borders or have friends in other countries that you need to keep in sms/mms contact with, that seems like a smoking deal.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Anyone tried updating the carrier settings on their iphones to shut off presidential alerts?

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

I pay $55 a month after taxes/fees for unlimited everything. There's no way on god's magenta earth I'm giving up that plan any time soon. Nice deal for folks on the Max though.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

The day the plan gets nuked or they find another way to shove me off, I'm leaving for another provider. I don't use enough text/minutes/data to rationalize $70 a month, I can barely do it for $55.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Yep I also got one. I guess it's legit?

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Remember when TMob's base plans were $50/mo? That was nice. :smith:

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

I guess the "netflix/apple tv+ on us" would save you money if you canceled your paid plans?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

They’ll start sending notices on the 17th, via email and text message.