Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

plester1
Jul 9, 2004

ohgodwhat posted:

Why would they let you keep your plan forever at the same price you signed up for originally?

T-Mobile guarantees that they won't increase the price on your plan as long as you're a customer in good standing. Sounds like that's not true across the industry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

plester1
Jul 9, 2004

TraderStav posted:

Except games for your home team live like I just tried.

First time with MLB.tv, what's the point of this if I can't watch my team play? Is this for people who live in other markets to watch their home team? Seems very niche to me.

Yes, it's for out-of-market games. It's not that niche though, tons of fans live away from their favorite team. I think I saw somewhere that mlb.tv has ~3.5 million paid subscribers. I've personally used it for the last 8 years now and it rules.

I think a VPN will also get you around blackout restrictions but that's not really for this thread.

Edit: It's also great when you're traveling, e.g. watching home games while you're stuck in a hotel on a business trip.

plester1 fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Apr 4, 2017

plester1
Jul 9, 2004

Rhyno posted:

Hey guys, long time Tmo user here. For the last few years I've outright bought a device (Nexus, BLU etc) and used it on Tmo's service. I accidentally drowned my 5X and have been limping along with a R1 and it's a piece of poo poo and I want to grab a new phone. My lovely fiance has offered to get me a new phone as an early xmas present but only if it's one she can put on a payment plan through our existing billing. I hate all Apple products so what's the best non IOS phone i can get in store currently? A good camera and smaller handset are priorities.

You should check out a Samsung Galaxy S8.

plester1
Jul 9, 2004

adorai posted:

When I look at my account online, it is $120 for the first two lines and $25 for the third. Definitely does not look like it was free.

From the website FAQ at the bottom: https://www.t-mobile.com/cell-phone-plans

the T-Mobile site posted:

When will my free line credit be applied?

In most cases, you'll see your free line credit on your first bill. If the credit is not applied on the first bill, two credits will appear on the second bill.

I don't think you're going to see a $0 line, you're probably going to see a $25 line and a separate $25 credit.

plester1
Jul 9, 2004

TraderStav posted:

This is more a generic GSM question, but since I have T-mobile thought I'd start here as there isn't an obvious thread to put this. Does anyone have a mobile hotspot that they can recommend? T-mobile has one that they sell but it's got some pretty damning reviews. Amazon reviews on anything there are also very hit and miss. Looking to get something with a good enough battery, good reception (to itself, as well as to broadcast).

Basically all modern smartphones can become hotspots, so the market for stand-alone hotspots sort of evaporated. Is there something specific you need from a stand-alone hotspot?

plester1
Jul 9, 2004

Honestly, the best way is probably to tweet at the CTO: https://twitter.com/nevilleray

plester1
Jul 9, 2004

seiferguy posted:

Random weird question: I switched to t-mobile a couple of months ago and group texts are kind of weird. It adds my phone as another group, so when I send a message, I then receive my own message, and I'll get a second message string that has both my name listed and my number listed as separate recipients. Anyone heard of this issue and is there a fix of some sort?

Did you switch phones as well, or just switch carriers on the same phone? I'm a serial switcher between Apple and Android and I've had that group text stuff happen whenever I switch platforms, not necessarily carriers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

plester1
Jul 9, 2004

My understanding is that you pick a plan that applies to all the lines on your whole account, not ala carte line by line.