Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Akbar
Nov 22, 2004

Hubba-
Hubba.
I posted this in the general phone thread but maybe I can get some answers here.

Akbar posted:

I have a question about porting carriers so I figured maybe it fits here. I have an HTC One M7 that is out of contract with CREDO Mobile, a MVNO that runs on Sprint. My family decided they wanted to try out T-Mobile because they wanted GSM phones.

To my knowledge, the HTC One M7 is a dual CDMA/GSM world phone so I figured I could get it carrier unlocked and use it with a T-Mobile SIM. I researched around a bit and found that others online who had done the same said that voice/text connects fine but I wouldn't be able to get 4G mobile data, which I thought was acceptable

Now I'm in a pickle where CREDO/Sprint claims the phone is unlocked but the device won't recognize the T-Mobile SIM and I can't connect to a GSM network (I get a "Invalid Card - Please contact customer care" notice). T-Mobile says the SIM is activated on their end and that it's a device/unlock issue. CREDO/Sprint claim it's as unlocked as it gets and they can't/won't do anything more. They also provided me with an MSL code when I asked for the unlock but neither I nor the T-Mobile reps know what to do with it. Any ideas?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Akbar
Nov 22, 2004

Hubba-
Hubba.

goku chewbacca posted:

Sorry, but you're boned. The Sprint One M7 is not Domestic SIM unlock-able. It can only be unlocked for foreign carrier SIMs.

Scroll down the the table at the bottom:
http://www.sprint.com/legal/unlocking_policy.html#!/

That MSL code allows you to "flash" or manually reprogram it for other CDMA carriers, but not a GSM carrier that uses SIM cards.

Dag. Thanks for the helpful information, though. Guess I'll put this on ebay or something. What's the going rate for a CDMA-unlocked 32gb HTC One M7 in good condition?