Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CatchrNdRy
Mar 15, 2005

Receiver of the Rye.
Has anyone ever not received texts? I have three friends who swear they responded to me, but I never received them. This is very disturbing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CatchrNdRy
Mar 15, 2005

Receiver of the Rye.

DemonMage posted:

Yup, not uncommon on any carrier. One of the many reasons I use Hangouts instead of SMS for 99% of my SMS like conversations.

Hangouts didn't receive it either. But this isn't the .001%, this is at least 5 or 6. It all seemed to be concentrated on two days.

Is it possible that I lost them because:

1) I'm prepaid
2) I have an old SIM card
3) I'm not deleting any of my old text messages

CatchrNdRy
Mar 15, 2005

Receiver of the Rye.
Apparently, my missed texts were a combo of having a full disk and an old SIM card. I guess the old card also prevents me from wi-fi calling and USB to computer transfer issues.

Do I just go to a T-mobile Store, and ask for an updated SIM with my current number on it? Do I need to transfer the photos and files beforehand, or does that matter?

Sorry, I was with Sprint for 10 years, so this SIM card swapping stuff is witchcraft to me.

CatchrNdRy
Mar 15, 2005

Receiver of the Rye.

b0nes posted:

Is this just for monthly plans? I'm on prepaid. If this extends to prepaid I have another reason not to leave t-mobile

Edit: it does! I've been streaming for a while now and it hasn't counted against my data allocation.

can you re-verify a day or two later? by reading the release they seem to be touting their post-paid?

CatchrNdRy
Mar 15, 2005

Receiver of the Rye.
I've been trying to find an updated SIM for my (I've been told I have an outdated one) Samsung Galaxy Relay, but its not terribly clear even on the T-Mo website. It seems like I should get a GBA, but for replacement,not for starter. A lot of stuff on amazon seems like 3rd party sellers that could be selling old SIMs.

How can I order the most updated GBA SIM for a replacement card? Seems like a simple question, but not a clear answer.

CatchrNdRy
Mar 15, 2005

Receiver of the Rye.

grimcreaper posted:

How is T-mobil's service in Tucson, Az? A rep was trying to persuade me to change over and said i would get unlimited talk/text/data for $56.18 a month after the Sears Holdings Discount. He broke down the charges and stuff on a piece of paper.

Im highly dubious of this number due to the fact that one of the other reps was quietly saying "Sears doesnt get a discount anymore, and it was never that high to beginwith" to him, trying not to let me overhear. But IF it is true, i might consider switching.

its OK. Anywhere outside your major highways and heading towards Phoenix and it will be very spotty, at least as compared to Sprint.

The T-Mobile reps in town are not knowledgeable and seem more interested in sculpting their hair. Well I suppose this could be for any city.

CatchrNdRy
Mar 15, 2005

Receiver of the Rye.
I think my SIM is damaged, so I bought an new one and want to swap it out.

T-mobile's website instructions say to go to

"http://t-mobile.com/SIM" and enter my new codes.

But that site just redirects me back to the homepage!

CatchrNdRy
Mar 15, 2005

Receiver of the Rye.

Allaniis posted:

Contact support chat. They can do it for you. I think that link doesn't work for people who are on prepaid.

Thanks I appreciate the info. Now to find the support chat button which appears hidden...

I never thought I'd say this, but Sprint has excellent customer service comparatively.

CatchrNdRy
Mar 15, 2005

Receiver of the Rye.
If I port my prepaid number to google voice, and I travel abroad with my phone off, will I still receive texts to my email? I guess this is more of a google voice question, but do you still receive texts when the phone isnt turned on?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CatchrNdRy
Mar 15, 2005

Receiver of the Rye.

thank you