Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Colinrobinson
Apr 10, 2005

Yeah I'm not positive what my deal is either, so I just sort of keep on truckin'
I bit the bullet and got an iPhone 5s on Tmobile. My signal in my house is only 2 dots, but the functional speed is just fine (I get the same rating on Wifi as LTE, almost maxing out my 15/5 modem), so I don't mind that at all.

This may be more apropos for the iPhone thread, but should I activate "Data Roaming" in my settings? Since TMO doesn't seem to mind roaming, and one of the reasons I eventually chose TMO was for very limited international travel use, I just wnat to make sure that I'm reading the settings right. The default on the phone is (logically) off.

I appreciate input for what is surely a basic question.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colinrobinson
Apr 10, 2005

Yeah I'm not positive what my deal is either, so I just sort of keep on truckin'
Are there any prevailing opinions on TMo wifi calling that came with iOS 8 on iPhones? Is it worth just leaving the setting on, or only something that should be turned on if you really, truly have no cell signal in areas where you do have wifi?

I ask as I have decent LTE coverage at home and work, so it's not critical, but it may prove useful when I'm not one of those places but still have wifi.

Colinrobinson
Apr 10, 2005

Can anyone speak to whether iTunes Match audio streams count the same as iTunes Radio streams with respect to Music Freedom? I'm debating signing up for iTunes Match, but I probably won't bother if it would affect my LTE use on tmo.

Colinrobinson
Apr 10, 2005

I've been on TMO for a little under 2 years now. I'm wanting to upgrade my iPhone from a 5s to a 6s (64gb because 16gb is lame), but wondering what the best way to do that is if I'm not going to pay it completely up front.

I'm just about finished with my EIP for the 5s, should I just start a new one for a 6s? Looks like this would cost $100 + 27/month, but i'd probably still end up buying AppleCare+ too.

Or would going with Apple's installment plan that includes applecare+ be worth it for $37 a month? It'd certainly make upgrading yearly far easier.

It doesn't look like there's a Jump! On Demand super deal any more. Anyone know how to school me on this?