Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UncleGuito
May 8, 2005

www.ipadbackdrops.com daily wallpaper updates deserving of your iPad
So I just got a Nexus 5 as a gift and currently have a HTC One through T-Mobile. I have $400 left on the EIP- am I screwed? They told me I have to keep paying off the balance even if I use my Nexus 5 and try to send the One back. This is so loving lame. I was lured in by the 'old no contracts thing but this is basically just as bad as a contract.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UncleGuito
May 8, 2005

Burden posted:

I don't understand what you're upset about? That you still have to pay off your phone? You agreed to by the phone at the full price. Do you have jump by chance? You could jump to the least expensive phone is you do. See if you can sell your HTC one for around $400 to someone on craigslist or eBay or maybe SAmart and then pay it off.

I guess it was more along the lines of my confusion with the original JUMP plan- I was under the impression for some reason that I could return the phone to nullify the balance. If I would have paid more attention to the EIP terms, I probably would have just gotten my own phone from the get go.

UncleGuito
May 8, 2005

Burden posted:

If you have jump, jump your HTC one and get the Tmobile 768 for $72 + tax. Now you don't owe the $400 and can use the nexus and won't have to payment on your phone anymore.

Awesome plan, thanks.