Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

td4guy
Jun 13, 2005

I always hated that guy.

FAUXTON posted:

Ordered a SIM, received the SIM, attempting to activate....

Getting closer!

Looking at a map, would it work for you to choose Council Bluffs, IA right across the border? Or would that net you a different area code that you don't want?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

td4guy
Jun 13, 2005

I always hated that guy.

Mr. Crow posted:

Was planning on switching to T-Mobile when I could afford to buy new phones (coming from Verizon), but now I'm not so sure. What are yalls thoughts on this?
All the carriers announced last year that they'd stop that crap. I wonder why T-Mobile never actually did.

td4guy
Jun 13, 2005

I always hated that guy.

grimcreaper posted:

How is T-mobil's service in Tucson, Az?
Give it a test drive! :)

td4guy
Jun 13, 2005

I always hated that guy.

Endless Mike posted:

I don't understand how anyone would even consider another LG after using that.
Seriously. How many phones are so bad that a class action suit is filed?

td4guy
Jun 13, 2005

I always hated that guy.

Did you guys know that you can still sign up for the old $30 nerd plan? It's still possible - you just have to buy an old Wal-Mart activation kit off of eBay for ~$120. The sim card inside says "activate by 6/2016" or something like that, so it won't work. When I did it, I had to get a new T-Mobile SIM kit, then use the Wal-Mart kit activation code + the new SIM.

The $120 has already paid for itself in no time at all. I'm lovin' it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

td4guy
Jun 13, 2005

I always hated that guy.

Statutory Ape posted:

if the phone he purchased is through his carrier it will be sim locked to that carrier by default. even if it was purchased at MSRP up front it will be carrier locked. they will unlock it for you when you own it in its entirety but you'll have to proactively request it.
I bought my iPhone at full MSRP on Sprint's website last year. I was able to switch carriers and pop a T-Mobile SIM in without needing to do anythinug to unlock it.