Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

TheManWithNoName posted:

I am seeing conflicting information on the iPhone 7 trade in deal. Do you have to change your plan to T-Mobile ONE? I really would rather not do that.

There's a number you could call or a store you could visit to clear that right up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

One thing to note with that cell spot is that any internet or voice activity you use on your phone is actually utilizing your home internet connection and anyone within 3000 feet of your house will also now be using your cell spot as their cell phone tower because it will be the strongest signal in the area so if you have data caps that really sucks.

I learned that the hard way in an apartment when my internet usage shot up like crazy as soon as I started using the cell spot.

I called t mobile and spoke with a tech (not the first level tech guys) to try to find a way to limit the cell spot to only working with my phone's imei but they said there was no way.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

hotsauce posted:

Is there a way to restrict wireless access to only the MAC address of your phone? Most routers have that feature, but not sure about the cell spot. I seem to remember it being a pretty powerful Asus router, but probably crippled T-Mo firmware.

That's what I asked the tech about and they said there was no way. The consumer has no way to log in to do that sort of thing and they don't offer for their techs to do it either.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

E2M2 posted:

So in a month or two I have to pay the remaining balance on my Galaxy S6. They are saying you can just turn it in? Does that mean you get some credit too or you get no value and get out of what is owed? Kinda wanna get a G6 when they come out.

Is it a "jump on demand?" If so that's a lease and you can give it back and lease or buy a new phone, or keep it and do a buyout on it.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

Anywhere on the highway system in New England will be fine.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

You can pay off half of it and give the phone back to be "jump eligible" and get a different device or sell it and pay it off with whatever you get for it. That's pretty much it.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

False Toaster posted:

I'm 2 payments away from being half off. So I can just return it then? Sounds plausible. Didn't know I can do this. Thanks!

I'm not sure but I think you might have to get a new phone through that program as well. Not sure if you can just return it at that point.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

Can't say I've had that problem often enough to remember it. Every time I've been sent a text with a security code in it that I can remember, I've received.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

Don Lapre posted:

You will have to return and rebuy.

And pay the $50 restocking fee.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

EL BROMANCE posted:

Maybe a bit of an obscure question that nobody else has ever cared about... but if I'm on a MetroPCS tariff that does "unlimited music" that says Apple Music is included, does this also cover iTunes Match? I think I'm the last person left who has that service...

I still use iTunes Match. I canít answer your question, but youíre not the only one.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

canyonero posted:

This feels like a rudimentary question, but googling isn't getting me the exact answer I'm looking for.

My wife and I have a family plan together. I have an iPhone X, she has an iPhone 6s. I ordered a XS for her, along with the trade-in offer for her 6s. She's actually getting my old X, and I'll use the XS. Can we just put her 6s sim into my X, and the sim from my X into the XS, and it'll be good, or is there more work involved?

Thatís all you need to do

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

Skeezy posted:

So question for anyone whoís unlocked a T-Mobile device before. I switched to the XS from an 8+ and now want to give the Plus to a friend who is going to AT&T. When it comes to unlocking can I do it using my T-Mo sim to unlock or do I need his AT&T sim to unlock the device. How would that all work?

I did it a long time ago and putting in a non-t-mobile sim is what starts the process but that was like 5 years ago on some old iPhone so I donít know if itís the same now.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

Iím getting ďpromo expiredĒ once I get forwarded to the MLB side even though t-mobile says the promo is active for 3 more hours.

They April fooled me

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

Man those press releases are bordering on parody.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

can someone change the thread title? john legere is a literal garbage person who really shouldn't be glorified in any capacity.

Youíre the second person to say this in the past few days. Iíll admit I donít follow the daily goings on of CEOs but what did this guy do thatís so garbage? He just seems like a weird harmless dude.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

SeANMcBAY posted:

He's a CEO. That's enough. I'm fine with the thread title though since it is true still I guess.

Yeah I guess I just meant above and beyond the regular sociopathy required to be an upper level executive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

Vince MechMahon posted:

The first agent insisted it was a buy one get one. When I got that sorted out I brought up the SyncUp Drive thing and they said they couldn't do it, but could do a similar thing where I'd get the thing free, and pay $10 for the line. That was also okay. They said $7 today and that was all. Then they got an error they said they could do nothing about, so they couldn't do it. Then they could do it, but I'd have to give them $103 today and they would credit it back to my account. They couldn't explain what the error was or why the amount needed changed like that and refused to honor the original offer. I don't even care that much about the device, but being lied to about stuff like this was why I left Verizon, I can't stand it. Just don't offer deals you can't honor and honor the ones you do offer. It's not that hard.

It sounds like the guy was just confused and dealing with an obtuse accounting system. I wouldnít consider anything there a ďlieĒ