Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

effika
Jun 19, 2005
Birds do not want you to know any more than you already do.
How is T-Mobile roaming? I am considering switching from Sprint, where I never think about roaming since it's unlimited (and a good thing too). Since Sprint often roams on Verizon I can get signal anywhere, usually. Does T-Mobile roam well, or is it more location-dependant?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

effika
Jun 19, 2005
Question about the One Plus plan. Does that one not downsample video at all, or does it do so, just down to 720p instead of 480p?

I'm thinking of switching to that from Sprint. I've been pretty happy with the Sprint unlimited plan I picked up years ago, though I suspect it's because I don't know what fast data is like. The T-Mobile plan is about the same cost as my Sprint plan so I'm good staying if I don't like it.

I've got a new phone coming in and it would be a good time to see if I liked T-Mobile before switching. Maybe I should just pick up a prepaid sim for a week or two to try it out? Will switching to post-paid be an issue after using prepaid for a bit?

effika
Jun 19, 2005
Thanks for the info thread! Will likely end up back here when I finally say goodbye to Sprint- just need to make sure T-Mobile is no less terrible indoors than Sprint is.

effika
Jun 19, 2005

Statutory Ape posted:

important note on this since i didnt see anything on it

if the phone he purchased is through his carrier it will be sim locked to that carrier by default. even if it was purchased at MSRP up front it will be carrier locked. they will unlock it for you when you own it in its entirety but you'll have to proactively request it.

These are both Pixels bought from Google so they should be fine. Thanks for the heads-up!

quote:

if you're not going to keep your prepay number you're using to test out, you won't really be 'switching' to post pay. you'll be disregarding the prepay number you got and then just activating a separate post pay line entirely with all the usual steps (hard credit check, etc). you would effectively be an entirely new customer in every sense.

you can absolutely keep the prepay number if you're so inclined and that can be very easily switched into post pay- its the identical process in every possible way of activating a new post pay number from anywhere else.

Good good. I remember some carrier was all difficult about it but that may have been years ago.