Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Teeter
Jul 21, 2005

Hey guys! I'm having a good time, what about you?

I just got a T Mobile SIM and think I'm ready to start up with the nerd plan, but don't know when to actually make an account and do the activation. My current contract elsewhere will expire at the end of August, and T Mobile's site says that my number should port over okay. Do I need to wait for the other contract to end first then hope for a quick switch over?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teeter
Jul 21, 2005

Thanks. Am I able to begin any of the process before then? Basically, I've read a lot of things where people have trouble activating a SIM for some reason or another. I ordered this online and don't want to run in to a situation where I'm running back and forth between T-Mobiles and Walmarts for a week without any phone service if I can avoid it. I'm not sure if the SIM can be activated or an account created without attaching a phone number to it yet.

Teeter
Jul 21, 2005

sweart gliwere posted:

I just checked my.t-mobile.com on my phone, and it says I'm over 100 and will be charged $0.10/min from now on. There's no way I'm past an hour this cycle, even if a quarter of that is voicemails counting against my time. There's got to be some bug, time for us cheapskates to pester customer service.

Showing this way for me too, and I know I've barely made any calls at all this cycle. Clicking the "View Plan" link shows that I have 79 minutes which seems about right. Hopefully just a bug on the site display and not anything to do with billing because they do seem to have the proper value somewhere at least.

Teeter
Jul 21, 2005

I have an international Nexus 5. It works well enough, but would I see a significant change if I were to switch to a US version? Enough to justify the cost/hassle, that is. This is mainly with regard to data, as voice and reception is plenty good enough.

This is in the LA area.

Teeter
Jul 21, 2005

IuniusBrutus posted:

Further report on T-Mobile texting crap: Between 4 and 5 am last night, My friend received six text messages I had sent her during the day yesterday. Wonderful.

This is going on with me as well as of last weekend, and is really pissing me off. Today I had about 20 text messages come in at 9am that were all from yesterday.

I got on the support chat with T-Mobile and they acknowledged that there is a widespread issue with it but I got distracted with something while at work so they disconnected when I didn't respond to that. Has anybody got more information about what the problem is, when we'll know that it's resolved, or more importantly, how to get account credit or something? because gently caress this poo poo.