Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
Pardon my question, I'm looking to switch my family to T-mobile and wasn't sure about wifi calling. Is wifi calling enabled for all phones that are on the approved list here or do I need to get specific T-mobile branded ones?

From what I have read, the Iphone 5S/5C and up have it built-in to iOS, but it's hit or miss on the Android phones since they have to be Tmobile branded. I plan on buying 2 Iphones for my mom/sis and grabbing some used Android devices for my old man and myself. I'm currently rocking a 2013 X on Sprint and they're all on 4/4Ses so anything will be an upgrade to them. Wifi calling is really the only feature they need/want due to poor cell phone coverage at their house.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
I bought the idol 3 about a week ahead of actually switching. Thus thing is a beauty, Jesus. Can't believe this was only $225.

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
3 unlocked refurbished Iphones and my OneTouch, walked in, was out in 20 minutes with an extra $100 in my pocket every month. Service is stellar so far! Bye Sprint :)

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"

22 Eargesplitten posted:

AT&T has a cell signal boost type thing you can plug in in your home. Does T-Mobile have anything like that? I know there's wifi calling, but that limits my phone options heavily.

Something similar to this?

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"

r0ck0 posted:

Is anyone on this plan? Is it as good as it sounds?

http://explore.t-mobile.com/simple-choice-family-plan-with-10gb-data

Yep, signed up at the beginning of the month. So far no hitches. First bill with taxes was something like $135?

Audax fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Aug 11, 2015

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
Can I just buy the asus wifi router from T-Mobile? I don't wanna lease it or whatever I just want to give them cash with no runaround. I went into a store over the weekend and the tweens there tried to sell me on new phones (I just bought 4 new phones three months ago) and then said they can only give me the other cell spot booster.

I have two phones that use wifi calling, the area is pretty much between two cell towers, we have high speed internet, just really need a new router.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
I bought a Nexus 6 last week that was on special on Amazon. It's having trouble updating the 5.1.1 patch. I'm new to Nexus phones, I thought it was supposed to have the latest and greatest in Marshmallow. Does anyone have a link to a decent guide so that I can fix my update error and/or update to Marshmallow? I've googled a bit and this seems to be a T-Mo problem?

code:
Finding update package...
Opening update package...
Verifying update package...
Installing update...
Source: google/shamu/shamu:5.1/LMY47D/1743759:user/release-keys
Target: google/shamu/shamu:5.1/LMY47M/1774234:user/release-keys
Verifying current system...
system partition has unexpected contents
E:Error in @/cache/recovery/block.map
(Status 7)

Installation aborted.