Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005

Anyone else having issues with data on their Nexus 6 today? Looks like it may be down for that phone only.
Something to do with switching between HSPA and LTE? I dropped mine to 3g and seems to hold for now.
Multiple people reporting the same thing on reddit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005

I have had good results disabling Google Connectivity Services and rebooting. No Waze or Pokemen after that though.

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005

minusX posted:

$25 Underwear? I'm in

I thought the $15 ExOfficio underwear was expensive. Comfy? Hell yeah, but expensive.

I did order my free T-mobile shirt though.

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005

Woo! Free T-Mobile Valentines Day socks on the T-Mobile Tuesday app today. Offer limited, must pick up in-store.

Also some bs 25% off Papa Johns discount.

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005

I only stopped to get the socks because I walk by one near work. They made me click on the Redeem button on the app to make sure I did not hit all the T-Mo stores to get multiple free socks. Yeah like I'm gonna ebay them or something.

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005

Sorry, I'm a 6'2 240 older white dude. White socks with hearts on them are not my style. Gave em to my daughter.

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005

Elephanthead posted:

Has anyone added a free line to a simple choice plan? I can't seem to find it online you just get stuck in an catch 22 webpage loop.

I went in on Friday and added a data line to my Simple Choice. Now have 4 4gb lines, 1 no data line (inlaws) and 1 4gb data line. Just had to pay $20 for a sim.
Also, purchased a used ZTE 915 hotspot off Ebay for $38. Hello wifi in the car.

The guy I went in with is now up to 11 lines one his One plan with 3 being free. There has been a lot of Papa Johns in the office lately.

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005

TheManWithNoName posted:

My tethered smart-toaster won't count towards data limits???

Only music and video. Toasting status will still count against your cap.

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

MLB has to be redeemed by Wednesday morning apparently

Claim in app by 4/05/2017 at 4:59 AM ET. Sign up for MLB.TV by April 11, 2017 4:59 AM ET
Must be connected over T-Mobile network, not wifi or roaming

Edit: And I'm in. Now to watch baseball during work hours like a good American

Meydey fucked around with this message at 15:28 on Apr 4, 2017

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005

I used it on pc and chromecast last year with no issues. Not sure if that was in the ToS though.

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005

Pollyanna posted:

How have people's experiences been traveling overseas (Europe, Latin America, etc.) with TMobile? Are the plans good? Unlimited text/data, etc?

I'm traveling to the UK next week. As far as I can tell, there is unlimited Data/Messaging but at 3g speed. Calls are $0.20 a minute so I will try to do any voice calls while on wifi. I'm a little concerned about my hotspot as its plan is different than my Simple Choice (other 5 lines). It was a freebie line from last year.

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005

Looks like my company is eligible for the T-Mobile Amplified program. Has anyone else tried that yet?

Unlimited 4g, 10gb Hotspot 4g, Unlimited HD streaming, Unlimited GoGo WiFi, 256kbps International (2x), NameID, Voice to Text and Digits included.

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005

Just saw this today:
T-Mobile ONE Military
https://www.t-mobile.com/offers/military-phone-plans

T-Mobile ONE for all Vets, Active Military, Guard, Reserve, and Gold Star families. $55 for first line, $25 for 2nd line, $10 each line after that up to 6.

I'm paying $120 for 5 lines on the old 4gb Family plan. This looks like it will put me at $110 for unlimited ONE plan with Netflix.
Also 50% Samsung phones.

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005

I just updated my 5 line family Single Choice 4gb plan to the new Military ONE plan. My bill should be going from $126 with an 18% discount to flat $110 including Netflix.
Waited 2 days and then went to activate the Netflix portion. Website said I was not eligible even though Military ONE was turned on. HMMM.
Took a look at my plan, and the phone rep managed to make each of my 5 lines a single Military ONE primary line at $55 each. Total bill for next month was listed at $275.
Went instore and had them attempt to fix. Now my plan shows a hodgepodge of Military ONE and regular ONE, with the monthly total coming to $125 and going into effect 5/8.
How badly have they f-ed up my plan? There are no extras on there, everything should be default. I did not even bite on a 50% S9.

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005

wormil posted:

About the military plan, account is in my name, I'm a vet but not active; wife is active. I would need to close my account and open a new account in her name?

Nope, any vet can be account holder. I got out in '92.

Daily Forecast posted:

Sounds like the rep who switched you over hosed it up (which is an easy thing to do, tbh, because our systems are the worst bullshit ever) and the additional you're paying this month is the prorated charges from being on the multiple single line plans for, like, a few days. You could probably call 611 and bitch about it and they'd credit you the difference, if you really care about $15.

Everything should be fine from here on out.

I am going to wait until 5/8 to see if everything looks correct. I'll eat the $15 just so no one goes back in and f's it up again. I got Netflix to bill correctly last night at least. Of course that starts 5/8 also.

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005

wormil posted:

Sweet, working on the switch now.

They want to backdate to last month, which seems okay since it's cheaper than my current plan. I can't think of any "gotchas".

Edit, I'm confused by the pricing, they told me it would be $100/mo for 4 lines with autopay. 55/25/10/10. But my account shows $110/mo charge 80/15/15/0. WTF?

Mine got hosed up big time. They marked all lines as primary (5) at $55 each. Monthly bill showed $275. Should be fixed by Monday, but we will see.
Probably going to have to call.

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005

wormil posted:

I'm getting f-ing hammered with spam calls about insurance. Is there no way to report them or complain or something? It's ridiculous this poo poo continues.

Also I did get socked with an up charge for back dating my plan.

I got mine straightened out before billing last month. Took 1 week to get the correct pricing, then another week to get the backdated charges cleared. Now I just need to get Netflix straightened out.

I found it best to explain to a store rep, then have them call the online csr.

Also, turn on Spam block in your account.

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005

Speaking of which, does the bogo deal work on the Military plan? I have a hotspot laying around that I would not mind using in the car.

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005

I woke up this morning to some odd data usage over night. My battery was nearly dead and there was a 100gb data usage message from T-Mo.
Looking online, the T-Mo site shows 143.57 gb used for current cycle. Sept was 16.21gb and Aug 11.01gb.
Looking at hourly:
09/26/2020,07:06 AM
Internet Access--11169.0195 MB

09/26/2020,05:07 AM
Internet Access--44037.0292 MB

09/26/2020,03:07 AM
Internet Access--44103.8027 MB

09/26/2020,01:24 AM
Internet Access--0.0107 MB

09/25/2020,11:21 PM
Internet Access--0.0185 MB

The system says from 1:24 to 5:07 I pulled down over 88gb of data. The highest app usage on the phone only shows about 2gb for a game for this month. Phone is a Pixel 3a with 64gb.
Umm did the NSA just clone me or something? I called T-Mobile support and they see it, but cannot determine the traffic. Anyone else notice anything funky last night?

Edit: Phone is always on wifi and no wifi drops last night. No tethering, and I did not wake up last night.

Meydey fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Sep 26, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005

Question: I'm on the T-Mobile Military ONE plan. 6 lines, nothing fancy. Current bill is $123 this month.
Looking to add a 7th line for my sister in-law to get off Cricket. Will probably get her whatever freebie Samsung phone is available. (Looks like an A32 right now?)
I assume I would need to upgrade to Magenta Miltary then? Will I lose anything significant? Also, is the 7th line $10 or $20?