Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist
What's the process for upgrading your device on a T-Mobile prepaid plan? Do I just go to a T-Mobile store and hope they have what I want? Do I buy it on my own and bring it to the store? Is there a process to do it online? Will I need a new SIM? Will I be able to keep my $30 100/unlimited/5GB dork plan?

I've never actually gotten a new phone without switching carriers before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

The Great Twist
I'm on the $30 prepaid nerd plan but I'm getting sick of my aging Android phone. I want to get an iPhone 5S but it's not listed on their prepaid phones page on their website. If I just go to a T-Mobile store will they sell me one, or give me some poo poo about it not being available for prepaid users? Should I buy it from Apple and bring it to a store for activation? I think I heard I can just cut my current micro-SIM to fit the iPhone's nano-SIM slot but I really don't want to do that.

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

The Great Twist

nickutz posted:

Reported today that Apple Music streaming is now included in T-Mobile's Music Freedom.

Is this starting now? If so, I may be getting some kind of gift from the cellular gods, because I've downloaded probably 60GB from Apple Music in the past two weeks over LTE and none of it counted against my data cap. I'm on the $30 prepaid nerd plan.

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

The Great Twist
Is Binge On available on the nerd plan? When I go to "change your plan and services", I can check the box for it but nothing happens when I click next.