Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PirateDentist
Mar 28, 2006

Sailing The Seven Seas Searching For Scurvy

I can say I'll never use t-mobile chat ever again. I tried to activate an ipad tablet line online, and they just sent a sim. No option for esim. Seems a tad outdated, but okay...

A bit later I hit up the chat asking if I could just get it setup with an eSIM instead of waiting for a sim card to wind its way over to me. I waited for three hours for a response, NBD there, iphone weekend, and I was doing other stuff. I had to explain what I wanted to do twice, and they seemed to get it. Maybe I wasn't clear, but in the end here I had to give them a confirmation text code 7 times, took two hours on chat (after the initial wait) at this point for something to show up on my tablet. No internet, they do something else for half an hour, I get a text that I got a new sim for it. And they said it could take two hours to update. I wait until morning, no internet still.

I call TMo at this point, explain what all has been done. The very nice rep asks if xxx is the number shown for EID, nope. "yyy?" Nope. "zzz?" No, it's ###" as I can hear her get more and more exasperated as she's going through stuff on her side. Whoever I chatted with hosed it up royally apparently. As within 5 minutes the tablet is online, looks totally different for the info shown within iOS. (Actually shows data used, active dates, etc) The duplicate lines on my account page are cleared up. And the chat rep also said I'd have to refuse delivery of the SIM they were going to send to get the line cancelled. The phone rep just said "...no, you don't have do to that. Just dispose of it, the sim that is on the way will no longer work. I already cancelled that line for you."

Not sure what the hell happened with the chat rep. I have to assume some poor soul got tossed in with barely any training due to launch weekend.

Opposite side of that, I bought a 13 Pro launch morning at 9am, paid the $30 in person T-Mobile tax for visiting a store so I could do my trade right there and not deal with shipping it and that was smooth as glass, didn't even pre-order. I was the only person in the store besides two employees. In\out 40 minutes with the data transfer even.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU