Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?
So this morning my GS4 lost signal and never regained it. It saw the towers but wasn't able to connect to any networks.

I call up T-Mo for support and after about 20 minutes the CSR tells me that they just got a notification that a batch of GS4s sold by them had been incorrectly flagged as stolen, and mine was one of them.

Anyone else affected by this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

Cojawfee posted:

Service is usually pretty good within city limits of a city with T Mobile coverage. Once you're outside, you'll be lucky to get anything more than calls and SMS.

I was wondering if this was just my area, guess not. I could have sworn when I had an original iPhone that EDGE wasn't this bad. Slow of course, but still eventually useful. On T-Mobile seeing that E basically means that even texting over Google Voice is a crapshoot and trying to browse the web is an exercise in futility. $deity help you if you fall back to GPRS.

At least they have been good about upgrading the network. I have HSPA and LTE in a hell of a lot more places now than I did when I switched a year or so ago. Aside from a few extremely rural customer sites (which I've unfortunately been at a lot recently) I almost always have LTE at the destination even if not during the drive.

I wish dual-SIM phones were a real option in the US, it would be quite nice to have an AT&T (or ATT-based MVNO) SIM in the secondary slot for the times I really need data where T-Mo isn't ready.