Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

He's bullshitting. No icon means you don't have a data connection but can still make/receive calls. Happens with my iPhone 6 whenever I'm in an area like that.

SeANMcBAY fucked around with this message at 09:05 on Mar 9, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Do wifi calls use up minutes? What about if I make a wifi call in another country?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

There's gotta be some type of catch? Isn't that cheaper then just outright buying the phone?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Is it worth it to go the Jump On Demand route for a 64GB 6S+ if I plan on probably getting another iPhone next year? I don't mind just straight up paying off the phone right now but this seems cheaper in the end unless I'm missing something.

These monthly payments confuse me and I don't want to end up paying more money in the end.

SeANMcBAY fucked around with this message at 09:25 on Sep 12, 2015

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

The catch is that T-Mobile doesn't have as good coverage as AT&T and Verizon but it gets better every year. Just check out coverage maps before switching.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

It's pretty much unusable on 2G unless you use a browser or app that heavily compresses data even then it doesn't work for me sometimes.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Allaniis posted:

Is Unlimited Data increasing by 15 a month, or am I reading it wrong?

Where's it say this?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Allaniis posted:

http://www.phonescoop.com/articles/article.php?a=16775

I'm trying to find the official brochure they showed with the breakdown. I don't think Tmobile mentioned it at their event.

You do get doubled tethering data, if that is a consolation.

My wife and I are on 2 lines unlimited everything for $100. Anyone know if we'll be able to keep that?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Doesn't bother me at all since you can turn it off.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

John starting poo poo with the EFF.

https://twitter.com/johnlegere/status/685201130427531264

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Burden posted:

Current Promos are 2 lines for $100 for 10 Gigs on each line or 4 lines for $120 with 6 gigs on each line.

Link please? Can't find it on the site.

Edit: Thanks!

SeANMcBAY fucked around with this message at 01:33 on May 27, 2016

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

T-Mobile continues to be pretty cool.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

The app has been getting hammered all day. Your stuff will probably pop back up once that stops.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

The items are supposed to be limited? I thought it was for every customer that checked the app on Tuesday.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

hiddenriverninja posted:

I have to redeem the pizza on a Tuesday?

My coupon code said it expired on Wednesday.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

rngd in the womb posted:

And the coupon can only be accepted during store hours on this Tuesday. Not really a big deal since it's a free pizza and all, but I was looking forward to having it as my post-workout meal tomorrow again!

I redeemed my coupon on the app last Tuesday but was still able to use the actual code the day after on the Dominos site.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

They're stopping with free pizza each week since Dominos can't handle the load.:lol:

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Don Lapre posted:

Edit guess starting today you do have to but not if you already ordered.

Glad I did it that first night. Do I have to include the charger and stuff when shipping them my 6S?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

TheManWithNoName posted:

I am seeing conflicting information on the iPhone 7 trade in deal. Do you have to change your plan to T-Mobile ONE? I really would rather not do that.

You have to do so now. Apparently it wasn't the case for the first week of the promotion.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Uthor posted:

Didn't TMobile say not to update older phones to iOS 10 because it doesn't work right with the network?

Edit: https://www.google.com/amp/gizmodo.com/ios-10-is-messing-up-some-t-mobile-iphones-and-people-a-1786694896/amp?client=ms-android-google

They pushed a carrier update the next day that fixed that issue.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I did the trade in my 6S for an iPhone 7 thing and now they just sent me an email saying it was received and that'll they'll credit me $265 dollars. Do I get that in addition to them crediting me each month as part of the promotion?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

When does this free third line deal end?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

GoldfishStew posted:

Not trying to argue, just curious: why would someone prefer this over running it on each individual device? Because then every time I Leave the house I'd have to remember to enable it on my devices.

Some VPNs have a cap on the number of allowed devices so that's one reason, I guess.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I don't give a poo poo about Planet of the Apes so here's my code too: 8XTRXVTQ9

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Does anyone ever get LTE coverage according to their phone but data just flat out doesn't work? There's a few towers in my area that seem to have this issue and it's aggravating.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Is the "nerd plan" still a thing? Thinking of getting it.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

hiddenriverninja posted:

Are there any specific guidelines to follow when mailing a cellphone/battery? I want to send my mom my old phone as a replacement.

Not really. I supposed you could write "lithium battery" on the box if you're worried about damage from heat or something.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

TheManWithNoName posted:

If anyone was lucky enough to get a Sonic Mania code and doesn't want it, I'd gladly make use of it.

Same.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

They really want me to give up my 2 for $100 actually unlimited plan.:lol:

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

ohgodwhat posted:

Lol at how unprofessional the T-Mobile website is. Anyone else see the

"Click here to check your iPad order status'/> "

at the bottom? Like some forgotten HTML

It's especially bad if you're ordering a new iPhone as pre-orders go up. I'm calling this year to order my iPhone 8 if T-Mobile does another trade in deal.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

TraderStav posted:

I assume the iPhone 7 was new line only, correct?

It wasn't. I did this deal even on a line I had already.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

GoldfishStew posted:

Unless she's trying to contact people in Vegas or Puerto Rico prolly check your privilege.

:rolleyes:

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Do they give more for iPhone 7s?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

T-Mobile released details on getting an iPhone X: http://newsroom.t-mobile.com/news-and-blogs/iphone-x-t-mobile.htm

I got my iPhone 7 last year via JUMP. Do you guys think it would be financially worth it to get an X now that way and send my 7 back to them? Next years iPhones will probably have 600 MHz band support so I’d update again then if that was the case.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

T-Mobile is getting much better coverage soon with its new radio band but none of the iPhones out now support it, including the 8 and X.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

What iPhones are going to be offered for buy one get one?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

EDIT: Nevermind, the problem somehow fixed itself.

SeANMcBAY fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Feb 17, 2018

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

e.pilot posted:

Just switched to t-mo from sprint tonight. How bad of a decision was this?

Matters where you are but T-Mobile coverage is usually better than Sprint.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

What will it mean for T-Mobile costumers? Increased coverage?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Mr.Radar posted:

In the short term you can roam on Sprint's network if your device is compatible. :v: Longer-term T-Mobile gets Sprint's 2.5 GHz spectrum for rapid 5G deployment.

Anywhere Sprint has 800 MHz deployed where T-Mobile doesn't have 700 MHz. But I'm not sure how many of those areas there are

Is the roaming possible now or when it’s official?