Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/GrappleClips/status/1219299822324330498?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Mean Gene on commentary is so odd to hear.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Bryan Danielson sees Jack Evans breakdancing before their match & decides to do his own incredibly cool dance.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Hell yes Danielson, work it!

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Hey forkboy84 is that the match where Danielson busts out a crazy Bearhug Liontamer to win? Because please post a gif of it if so.

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007
can i get a gif of that amazing tag finisher from jungleboy and luchasaurus?

a big fat bunny
Oct 4, 2002

woo look at 'em gonk

AkumaHokoru posted:

can i get a gif of that amazing tag finisher from jungleboy and luchasaurus?

This?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

SG Bamboo posted:

Hey forkboy84 is that the match where Danielson busts out a crazy Bearhug Liontamer to win? Because please post a gif of it if so.

He does that in the Austin Aries match on the same show as well but you can tell just how much bendier Jack is as he takes it. Dudes spine must be made of jello.

The lighting on this show is so loving bad.

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Jan 24, 2020

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

you beautiful fucker. I kiss you face.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Thank you very muchly friend.

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

“Hey brother, you’ve worked Japan, right?”

Gordy
Sep 6, 2002

forkboy84 posted:

It's not peak golden era ROH unless the lighting completely bleaches out nearly every shot.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Jack Evans really is one of the most giffable wrestlers.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I like to think that wasn't a planned spot, he just saw an opportunity and took it.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

forkboy84 posted:

Its less the lighting and more the camera being setup wrong so overexposing like crazy.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

The Croc posted:

Its less the lighting and more the camera being setup wrong so overexposing like crazy.

Yeah, that's a good point. Early ROH just time & time again proves they have no idea how to set up their camera equipment. White balance is an alien concept to them.

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

Jerusalem posted:

I like to think that wasn't a planned spot, he just saw an opportunity and took it.

Those are the best spots, tbh.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

forkboy84 posted:

Jack Evans really is one of the most giffable wrestlers.

Ode To The Bulldogs was a loving sweet combo move by Generation Next, though also pretty risky with Jack quite often slipping on the sweaty backs and botching the landing. I'm fairly certain they did that move in a cagematch with Roderick standing on the second rope with Jack jumping off the cage, slipping on the back of the guy and drat near breaking his neck on landing.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Like to hammer home the bad camera work and lighting I've been watching that gif for like 5 minutes and I can't get a good look at the other 3 wrestlers. I think the guy holding the torture rack is Strong and I think the guy in the rack might be Jerrelle Clark? But I have no idea who the guy on the mat is.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

My first thought was the guy on the mat was Red and Strong was holding one of the Maximos, but nope. It was Special K all along

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Yeah, Dixie & Izzy, the best permutation of Special K & former ROH Tag Team Champs!

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Oh wow. Special K. That's a blast from the past.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Gifs make the poor visual quality of late 2000s ROH standout, but it tended to not be as noticeable when you had to listen to the terrible quality of their sound as well.

ROH had some absolutely spectacular wrestling and characters/personalities but goddamn their technical stuff was a disaster and the constant collapse of their iPPV streams were what basically lead to me stopping watching them, when I used to try and watch everything :sigh:

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Its the main reason I could never actually get into ROH. It didn't matter how good the wrestling was if I could never actually stand to watch it or hear anything anyone said. I feel like the span between RF and HDnet/AXS was probably ROH's prime and also its most unwatchable period.

Red is Dead
Apr 28, 2008

The great and devious UltraMantis Black hides from no man, woman, beast, or unearthly spirit.
I’m wondering if someone could help.

I may have been imagining this so I apologise if some of the names aren’t right, but I was looking at lariato’s kin chan thread on Twitter and swore blind that ol’ murder granpa Suzuki was involved.

Iirc it was a ten wrestler tag with the likes of kikutaro, liger, Manami Toyota amongst others. Google fu skills have so far yielded nothing. I saw it either here or on the board somewhere and now I can’t find it.

Any ideas?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I looked on cagematch and all I could find involving Kikutaro and Suzuki were a series of battle royals and the odd tag-team or six man tag. Putting Manami Toyota in brought up a 77 person Battle Royal from 2013 but Kikutaro wasn't involved in that. :shrug:

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

I looked on cagematch and all I could find involving Kikutaro and Suzuki were a series of battle royals and the odd tag-team or six man tag. Putting Manami Toyota in brought up a 77 person Battle Royal from 2013 but Kikutaro wasn't involved in that. :shrug:

A 97 minute battle royal featuring Aja Kong, Jun Akiyama, Dump Matsumoto, TAKA Michinoku, Danshoku Dino, Kana, Yuji Okabayashi, Meiko Satomura & Winger. That sure is some lineup.

Hmmm, have some more gifs from ROH Reborn: Completion

First, Matt Stryker doing the single most interesting thing in his entire career

Then from the main event 6 man tag Samoa Joe tries to Ole Kick Julius Smokes, Homicide stops him, Joe is unhappy

And then Mark Briscoe tries to kill himself with the worst shooting star press since Brock Lesnar. Which was only 13 or 14 months before this.

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Feb 29, 2020

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Hogan ... wrestling

https://twitter.com/GrappleClips/status/1237320478634713088?s=20

unimportantguy
Dec 25, 2012

Hey, Johnny, what's a "shitpost"?
Hogan really liked that stepover armbar thing. I think it's in every clip of "Hogan actually wrestling" I've ever seen.

Edit; also those Hogan enzuigiris are wild.

unimportantguy fucked around with this message at 11:51 on Mar 12, 2020

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:
lol Hogan doing a Boston crab at 1:00, I'd never thought I'd see the day

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Somewhat important to remember Hogan's finish in Japan is a lariat, as well. Which he probably should've switched to in the US in the 90s.

BodyMassageMachine
Nov 24, 2006

:yeah:

Gaz-L posted:

Somewhat important to remember Hogan's finish in Japan is a lariat, as well. Which he probably should've switched to in the US in the 90s.

The Ax Bomber!!

Yeah, maybe Hogan’s tailbone and hips wouldn’t have turned to dust if he switched over. He had a good out to do so with the big heel turn, but :shrug:

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

It would actually have been pretty great if he’d relinquished the leg drop when he turned heel because then he could do it again as part of a face turn and pop 100,000 hulkamaniacs in the Georgia Dome brother

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

BodyMassageMachine posted:

The Ax Bomber!!

Yeah, maybe Hogan’s tailbone and hips wouldn’t have turned to dust if he switched over. He had a good out to do so with the big heel turn, but :shrug:

You know I used to think this too, but then you look at that highlights vid against Tenryu, and he did twice the legdrops he normally does when its his finish.

Evanauto
Jul 27, 2007

For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God.

Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed among cocktails.
Pray for me now, and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon.
Amen.

unimportantguy posted:

Hogan really liked that stepover armbar thing. I think it's in every clip of "Hogan actually wrestling" I've ever seen.

Edit; also those Hogan enzuigiris are wild.

Why in God's name didn't he pull any of this actual wrestling ability out here in the states? What makes the Japanese crowds more enzuigiri worthy than the U.S.?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Evanauto posted:

Why in God's name didn't he pull any of this actual wrestling ability out here in the states? What makes the Japanese crowds more enzuigiri worthy than the U.S.?

Why bother when he didn't need to do anything more to be over in the US?

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:
both guys in involved in the fingerpoke of doom don't like to work? :confused:

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
The Leg Drop sucks real bad and I don't get why anyone does it tbqh

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Evanauto posted:

1) his trainer was a Japanese wrestler (Hiro Matsuda) who basically instilled with him the following fact; 2) that most of the guys he worked with in Japan would beat the ever living poo poo out of him if he dragged his rear end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Gonna agree that Hulk loving Hogan busting out enzuigiris wasn't something that I ever expected to see.