Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ironcladfolly
May 22, 2007

Devil's Favorite Doggie

Jerusalem posted:

Best editing team in the business, folks.

What

Was this just a production room blunder? What's buddy doing there?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ironcladfolly
May 22, 2007

Devil's Favorite Doggie
WrasslorMonkey, please make a GIF of Bryan throwing Bray into a Super Mario World Koopa as he climbs the cage

ironcladfolly
May 22, 2007

Devil's Favorite Doggie

crime fighting hog posted:

God damnit my DVR cut out the recording right when Bryan stands up against Wyatt, can't wait to find it on a highlight reel or something.

Also this thread is awesome, you guys rock!

Thank god we live in 2014.

ironcladfolly
May 22, 2007

Devil's Favorite Doggie

WrasslorMonkey posted:

Always worth it for the 100 points

You are an incredible human being.

ironcladfolly
May 22, 2007

Devil's Favorite Doggie

I thought headshots were banned.

ironcladfolly
May 22, 2007

Devil's Favorite Doggie
Goddamnit, is good stuff actually happening on Main Event now too? Does this mean we have to start watching Main Event now too??

ironcladfolly
May 22, 2007

Devil's Favorite Doggie

Brie, can you just bring me my chapstick? My lips hurt real bad!

ironcladfolly
May 22, 2007

Devil's Favorite Doggie
So Legends House is pretty incredible. I don't know if there are any GIF-worthy moments but if someone can somehow capture Gary Busey's Goose-Call in a GIF, that would be excellent.

ironcladfolly
May 22, 2007

Devil's Favorite Doggie
Jumping into the GIFing club. I guess my first-ever wrestling GIF is Pat Patterson eating cereal, because he's hilarious on Legends House.

ironcladfolly
May 22, 2007

Devil's Favorite Doggie

Cory Lidle posted:

Five reasons you should buy SHIMMER 59, presented by Kimber Lee and Kana

Is there anywhere online that Shimmer shows are available, legally and preferably in HD (or at least DVD) quality? I wanna get into it, but their "mail-order-DVD" business model is kind of a pain in 2014.

ironcladfolly
May 22, 2007

Devil's Favorite Doggie

flatluigi posted:

I can't believe this actually happened:

I mean, I guess it's technically legal

ironcladfolly
May 22, 2007

Devil's Favorite Doggie
GIF-ing Legends House.

This one'll come in handy.

ironcladfolly fucked around with this message at 06:28 on May 3, 2014

ironcladfolly
May 22, 2007

Devil's Favorite Doggie

TheJoker138 posted:

I hate watching Cena, I hate his interviews, and I hate the way he's booked.

But if I was in charge I wouldn't change a god drat thing about it because it resonates so well with kids, and especially with kids with terminal illness. And that's more important than us smarks being bored for a segment of the night or whatever, honestly.

This, pretty much. It's still the reason I laugh when the IWC gets so angry over the way Cena's booked. Yeah, it's boring. Yeah, it's unimaginative. But the kids love it, and I'd rather see a bunch of children happy for the sake of youthful joy than see a bunch of manchildren happy because they take wrestling so goddamned seriously. Go watch Cesaro swing a dude or something.

ironcladfolly
May 22, 2007

Devil's Favorite Doggie
I made some GIFs of this week's Legends House. Tony Atlas is a hilarious weirdo.

Gross, Tony. Super gross.

Bonus Reverse GIF of the Fink's restorative powers

ironcladfolly
May 22, 2007

Devil's Favorite Doggie

NowonSA posted:

It's pretty amazing the stunts and general physical action feats that can be pulled off when you have multiple takes to get it right. Green Ranger looks crisp as hell here. This makes me want to go watch some Jackie Chan movies.

Wait are you trying to tell me that Power Rangers is "fake"??

ironcladfolly
May 22, 2007

Devil's Favorite Doggie

Sockser posted:

A gif wizard could do a much better job than I; I could only get it dow to 2.7mb, but here you go

I mean, he asked for 3mb so 2.7's not bad.

ironcladfolly
May 22, 2007

Devil's Favorite Doggie
I made a joke before the match that we'll finally learn whether Eva Marie can count as high as three, then felt bad about it. Then I watched the match. Seriously, what the gently caress even was that?

ironcladfolly
May 22, 2007

Devil's Favorite Doggie
I went to a local indie wrestling show last weekend and Bushwhacker Luke was in the main event. For the weekend at least, he was the PWA Mayhem Champion. And for a 68-year-old guy, he’s still got it.

ironcladfolly
May 22, 2007

Devil's Favorite Doggie

89 posted:

Honestly, I thought they did a great job working on the spot through that botch.

That was my reaction too. The move didn't go as planned, but they worked through the botch really well. They could have just as easily made it look even worse by throwing a fit or something, but neither of them broke stride.

ironcladfolly
May 22, 2007

Devil's Favorite Doggie

Really wanna punch that dude.

ironcladfolly
May 22, 2007

Devil's Favorite Doggie
Favorite/dumbest moment from that match:

ironcladfolly
May 22, 2007

Devil's Favorite Doggie
I watched Rashomon tonight and realized that Toshiro Mifune is the Dean Ambrose of Japanese cinema.

(Ambrose gifs courtesy of WrasslorMonkey)

ironcladfolly
May 22, 2007

Devil's Favorite Doggie

ironcladfolly
May 22, 2007

Devil's Favorite Doggie
A few NXT Gifs

zaynclap.gif is going to be useful in so many situations...

ironcladfolly
May 22, 2007

Devil's Favorite Doggie

Jerusalem posted:

I should have checked this thread before making them since half of what I did MiketheGreat already did!

It's cool, man, I just look at yours as director's cuts

ironcladfolly
May 22, 2007

Devil's Favorite Doggie
NXT is really good, you guys.

ironcladfolly
May 22, 2007

Devil's Favorite Doggie

UpfrontSalmon posted:

There was a delightful moment from HiaC last night where I believe Orton crotched Cena on the ringpost on the outside and then awkwardly and uncomfortably leered over his shoulder for what seemed like an eternity. It's the leering that's gif-worthy.

#1 moment from Hell in a Cell

ironcladfolly
May 22, 2007

Devil's Favorite Doggie

God, Vince looks so legitimately exhausted and sickly these days, like the underwhelming performance of the Network is physically killing him.

I mean, not to do the smarky "my favorite wrestle guy is working too hard I can tell from this photo" thing, but this is not the same Vince from 10 years ago.

ironcladfolly
May 22, 2007

Devil's Favorite Doggie

LightsGameraAction posted:

I wouldn't say sickly, but the guy definitely comes off as dead inside lately. It's been a few years since I've seen him come out on live TV and actually seem genuinely enthusiastic about something.

Yeah, that's more what I mean. I guess it's not that he looks physically "sick", but he's definitely lost that spark. Every single video and keynote and public appearance he's been a part of since the Network launched, he's had this really subdued manner, like he's delivering grave news through pursed lips and hates to have to do it. Pretty much his "Chris Benoit" tone

ironcladfolly
May 22, 2007

Devil's Favorite Doggie
Was watching Survivor Series '90 (Taker's debut) and caught this amazing bit of editing. Possibly the most underrated matchup of the show.

ironcladfolly
May 22, 2007

Devil's Favorite Doggie

Great, another miscarriage angle?

ironcladfolly
May 22, 2007

Devil's Favorite Doggie
So what was so unsafe about that Battle Royal in particular, as compared to any other they ever do on Raw or Smackdown? Was the crowd casting an AoE DEX debuff on the ring or something?

ironcladfolly
May 22, 2007

Devil's Favorite Doggie

Illinois Smith posted:

"ok so AJ told me to NOT tuck my chin to my chest when I take his fini- OH FOR gently caress'S SAKE"

He's a typical indie monster, as tall as such WWE giants as Ziggler, Rollins or Sami Zayn.

AJ can say what he will about guys getting injured because they're inexperienced and nothing's ever his fault, but the Styles Clash is not a good move and he really should retire it.

ironcladfolly
May 22, 2007

Devil's Favorite Doggie

spudsbuckley posted:

Yeah, it's obviously AJs fault that some Japanese gently caress-knuckle can't do literally nothing for long enough to have his finisher done on them.

He should do a really stiff pointless chest-chop or shoddily executed brain-buster so the guy will understand what's going on.

It's a boring and lovely-looking move too, tough guy.

ironcladfolly
May 22, 2007

Devil's Favorite Doggie

Erick Rowan's new tag team partner

ironcladfolly
May 22, 2007

Devil's Favorite Doggie
Roman's gonna cock that Slammy and make it rain up in this bitch.

ironcladfolly
May 22, 2007

Devil's Favorite Doggie
No matter how hard Ziggler works, he just can't catch a break.

ironcladfolly
May 22, 2007

Devil's Favorite Doggie

Gaz-L posted:

Opening segment and match aside, it does come across like they at least listened to the criticisms of how he's been presented. He's back to a better, more intimidating look, he's a taciturn, lone-wolf badass that doesn't care if other babyfaces like him, he just wants to win and beat up those who wrong him, and he goes out and destroys the heels. It's NOT THAT HARD!

This. I'm still a bit hesitant to turn around and say that everything's amazing again, but the way things were booked last night was...not bad? With Roman, for sure, but even with some of the other angles — it's like they suddenly realized that continuity and logical character motivation are good things to have when you're telling a story.

It's sad that achieving the barebones fundamentals of Storytelling 101 is cause for praise, but I'll take it.

ironcladfolly
May 22, 2007

Devil's Favorite Doggie

Gaz-L posted:

When is he gonna get to the fireworks factory do the Go 2 Sleep? :f5:

I pop like a damned sucker every time he teases it, even though I know he's saving it for TakeOver.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ironcladfolly
May 22, 2007

Devil's Favorite Doggie
Whoa, so is Smackdown good again now that it's no longer in the death slot? Do I have to start watching again?