Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

sticklefifer posted:

I think the brainbuster went the way of the piledriver, sadly.

I wish they had set up Sami's Blue Thunder Bomb as a finisher, because hot drat that poo poo's gorgeous.

I dunno if they'll ever let Sami do the brainbuster, but if they do, having him win the title with it next month would be a great moment.

I think the problem with the BTB being a finisher is that he might have trouble doing it to bigger guys, which isn't so much a problem in NXT (although notice he didn't do it in the Titus match) but giant dudes are all over the place on the main roster.

e: Murphy and Blake were really impressive in that match, I hope they get a real tag team name and advance beyond jobber status soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

oatgan posted:

it's still available for pre-order

This spot was so nuts at the time. I was kind of expecting the guillotine spot because Kyle did something similar to Roddy at Untitled II, but catching a guy out of a SSP into a triangle choke? :drat:

O'Reilly is amazing. Y'all should preorder that show, it's even better than that sizzle reel makes it look.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

I don't know if I've ever seen reDRagon do that spot before, I seem to recall O'Reilly doing something similar with Cole back in the Future Shock days.

Also, Forever Hooligans are my least favorite out of those four teams but drat if Rocky Romero doesn't bring the swag. I wish he wore the eyepatch for all his entrances :allears:

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
The flatliner can absolutely look good when the right guy does it, Cedric Alexander does one that I like a lot. I mean really, it's just a DDT where you're grabbing the other guy beneath the shoulder instead of in a facelock.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
What the heck was Paige even doing in those gifs

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Gaz-L posted:

I'd expect the post-WM Raw cash-in again. Mania doesn't end with the heel going over. (Unless you're The rear end Kicker.)

It really should, gently caress tradition. Rollins cashing in after a brutal match with Brock makes perfect storyline sense and sets up the valiant chase of the wronged babyface. Plus if Vince has paid even the slightest bit of attention to the two over the last several months it should be so blatantly obvious that Seth is more ready for a run at the top than Roman. The dude is holding his own against Paul Heyman in promos for gently caress's sake.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Doesn't the Kinsey scale go from 0 to 6?

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
I know he still wrestles in a shirt and all, but man does Steen look in so much better shape than he did even a year ago. He hasn't looked like this since what, like 2006? It really seems like he's motivated to defy expectations and make the most of this shot in WWE.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

wrestling is art

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Sockser posted:

Did.... did somebody just nut in Chuck Taylor's face at a wrestling event?

Later in that match, Chuck yelled "YOU'LL NEVER CUM AGAIN" and dropped an invisible grenade down Reynolds' pants. Also, the towel he used to clean the imaginary jizz up played into the rest of the match AND the following one.

It was a weird night.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Illinois Smith posted:

Yeah, I don't have time to post a lot of gifs this week but had to do this one

Even with two dudes there to break his fall, I can't believe he didn't seriously hurt himself doing that. Jumping from that height at that speed is loving crazy.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

achillesforever6 posted:

Man PWG has really come far judging by those old videos of early PWG

Judging by the singlet and who he was wrestling in those clips, most of those were probably 8-10 years ago. There are a couple of shows I've actually seen in there, that match with Paul London was from 2013.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

StarkRavingMad posted:

Jesus christ, Puma. He takes the chairshot about as well as you can -- even though it looked and sounded like absolute death when they did it the first time, watch the gif replay you can see he twists and takes the shot on his shoulder/side. But then he hits the ground so hard he loving bounces a few feet all the way over to the bleachers.

Ricochet does the bounce after impact sell a lot and it really makes his opponent's offense look great. I remember in his PWG match with Kyle O'Reilly he went almost halfway across the ring after getting hit with a brainbuster, it was amazing. At least Lucha Underground uses crashpads on the outside, because most indie promotions don't.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Illinois Smith posted:

Was looking for a DDT Beer Garden clip and found a Best Of Ibushi Murdering Random DDT Guys With Potential New Finishers instead.

Uh, unless I'm missing something here, this seems unbelievably unsafe. I can't figure out what's taking the impact of this move other than the guy's head, do Ibushi's knees hit first?

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Nick Jackson's reaction completely makes that first gif.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Poor Thatcher is trying so hard in those gifs and Gangrel is not grappling properly at all

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Chris Hero owns

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Aesop Poprock posted:

It's probably annoying cause picking up and spinning a 100lb woman while being a 300 lb man is one of the least impressive wrestling spots imaginable

It actually ruled tbh

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Rest of that match wasn't super great tbh, except for the part where Angelico wrote in Dave Meltzer's notebook

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

it's a reference to some youtube video iirc

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
For a dude of Roman's size that seems like a pretty good dive, and big dudes doing dives is awesome.

It's no Chris Hero moonsault plancha, but what is?

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
I'm sure it's buried somewhere in this thread, but would anybody happen to have the gif of the ladder winning the championship in DDT? I'm trying to explain DDT to somebody unfamiliar with Japanese wrestling and I feel like that and Yoshihiko represent that promotion in a nutshell.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Bard Maddox posted:

Drake Younger going for that belt, baby

I would be so excited if they did an angle that involved Drake getting back in the ring, that would be the best.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
czw is so stupid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Speedball actually complimented Naomi on doing his kick spot, he said it's much harder to do in shoes