Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

no matter which thread its in this is still my new fav gif

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

naomi still has a ways to go before being "legit good," she's very athletic and has some cool moves but when she's there with someone who doesn't know what they're doing it's clear she can't carry a match

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Jerusalem posted:

Hey did anybody want any other gifs from Raw beyond what WM already did?

when miz puts ziggler in the figure four, you can see sandow in the back miming the figure four along with him and then just dropping out of sight behind the ring. if you could try to gif that that'd be great :)

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

hahahaha

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

i don't really like him but i think he'll probably get over pretty easily regardless. he feels like someone who dropped out of the attitude era midcard.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

raw request: at one point in the sheamus vs miz match, miz gets thrown to the outside and starts selling his knee, and sandow runs over, does a somersault and starts selling his knee next to him

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Memento posted:

There's no loving way that's who I think it is. I refuse to believe he actually hit something from the top.

in like the second or third episode of nitro flair hits a top rope move on brian pillman like it's nothing. i don't know where the "he never hit anything from the top" thing came from.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

KungFu Grip posted:

Mizdow is good.

the somersault is really what kills me

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Cory Lidle posted:

Yeah or like the last 10-15 years of Flair's career, but yeah, kids and their drat internet.

yeah its not just the internet, like i remember things like JR saying "i have never in all my years as a broadcaster seen ric flair successfully hit a move from the top rope" its just like a really weird piece of WWE revisionist history

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Shine posted:

Here's Flair hitting a top-rope move and instead of being neat, it's kinda depressing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GYVKG75SdU

wasn't this match on impact of all things to boot

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Charles Gnarwin posted:

The saw was gimmicked as hell and there is a YouTube video of Dean laughing at all the people buying it.

yeah he said that if it was real his forehead would be a scarred mess or he'd be dead. he explained that it's a power saw without the blade attached.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Wazzu posted:

The anti-diva, everyone.

her costume was "every WWE diva" so

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

all that's missing is slow mo, a fade to greyscale and the word "WASTED"

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

:lol: thank you so much

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

that guy is looking right at the camera as he's feeling ziggler

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

NotQuiteQuentin posted:

welp i'm going to need a comp of the best of hogan in japan stat.

that's about as impressive as it got. he worked harder in japan because that's what was expected but he wasn't pulling out shining wizards or anything.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

is that a pro wrestling match in an octagon

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Writer Cath posted:

Waiting for Cube Match.

a regular steel cage?

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

my fav thing about czw is that their "technical wrestling" is just as botchy and nonsensical as their deathmatches

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

you made those names up

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

holy poo poo that could've gone really bad

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

i like that you were sure to specifically throw a race mention in there for a light dose of racism to spice up your smarmy obnoxiousness

Cardboard Box fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Nov 30, 2014

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

nah, the styles clash goes in the other direction so that the person taking it lands on their front, i don't really know why that one hosed up so bad

Bard Maddox posted:

people on three separate continents have been injured by it

bryan alvarez talked about this recently and said that the reason people might get injured by it when it should be the easiest move to take in the world is that as a worker when you get turned upside-down in a piledriver position it becomes instinctual to tuck your head, but with the styles clash you really have to focus on not doing that

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

it doesn't help that there are a lot of times where it looks like he barely has hold of the person, he should probably just stop doing it

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

don't forget the misogyny!

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

that was a belt taz had made himself, and it was awesome

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

there was a spot in makabe vs ishii where they were lariating each other back and forth and refusing to fall til one of them does a headbutt, if its not too much trouble it'd be cool to get a gif of that :)

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

neonbregna posted:

just saw a murder on the network

yeah thats a really fuckin' nasty one, his feet slipped right out from under him and he went full force on that poor dude

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

i wonder if thats from that 60s french wrestling that was apparently way ahead of its time

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Aye Doc posted:

look how much cooler this moment is without michael cole screaming "WHAT AN INCREDIBLE MOMENT! WHAT AN AMAZING MOMENT!" over top

to be fair he probably had a man in his headset screaming SAY ITS A GREAT MOMENT!!!! SAY IT!!!!

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

adrian neville is like probably 5'6"

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

there was a kid they cut to who was dancing to the new day's music at the end of their segment and i would love a gif of him

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Professor Funk posted:

Can someone avatarize this for me? I would be eternally grateful.

it's gonna be hard to squeeze that into the file limits but i'll give it a shot

edit: here you go, two flavors :) if anyone can do a better job feel free haha

Cardboard Box fucked around with this message at 07:45 on Apr 3, 2017

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

JPrime posted:

Did UT/RR close the show? How much did the crowd poo poo on Roman?

yes and a fair amount but they were pretty tired by that point because the show had gone nearly 7 hours and when he got the pin it was fairly quiet rather than thunderous hatred

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

the idea of a stiff shoot dropkick is really funny and i want it to be real

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

i missed it so i need to see oily nude enzo getting kicked in the face