Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yellow Jackson
Jan 13, 2013

by Ralp
I share an apartment with two other people, Mike and James. For the past year everything has been going great. We all get along fine, have similar interests and personalities, and we've been dividing the housework fairly between us.

Now, one of my housemates, Mike, has informed me and James that his girlfriend will be over for the weekend, during which she will spend two and a half days handcuffed to his bed. Mike will be popping in and out of the house during this time, leaving her alone for long stretches. Apparently, this is a thing they do and both of them are really into it.

Now, what consenting adults do in the bedroom is their own business and so on, but honestly the fact that he won't be here while she is makes me uncomfortable. For one thing, what the gently caress do we do if there's a fire in the building?

Am I being unreasonable? Part of me feels like it's none of my business, but on the other it will feel weird having guest over knowing that there's a sex dungeon in the next room.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZeroCount
Aug 12, 2013

try and go for a threesome

Arakan
May 10, 2008

After some persuasion, Fluttershy finally opens up, and Twilight's more than happy to oblige in doing her best performance as a nice, obedient wolf-puppy.
What if she has to poop when he's gone

Yip Yips
Sep 25, 2007
yip-yip-yip-yip-yip
Just make him leave a key somewhere in case of an emergency and let them do their thing. He doesn't even have to tell her about the key if that would ruin something for her.

It's strange, but I don't really see why it makes you uncomfortable. Mind your own business, etc.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Does James give a poo poo?

beefart
Jul 5, 2007

IT'S ON THE HOUSE OF AMON
~grandmaaaaaaa~
OP maybe you should get over your puritanical sex hangups and start sex-dungeoning yourself. It's all the rage.

E: In all seriousness, talk to your roommate and make sure she has access to a key just in case. If there's an emergency and she gets hurt/maimed/killed/whatever as a result of not being able to evacuate, that opens Mike up to serious legal liability, and you and James may be on the hook as well for false imprisonment and/or negligence.

beefart fucked around with this message at 10:08 on Jan 13, 2014

Wangsbig
May 27, 2007

OP did you ever stop and think that Mike, in fact, owns?

brylcreem
Oct 29, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Do YOU want to be hand cuffed to Mike's bed too, OP?

It's ok if you do.

BlueChocolate
Jan 4, 2014
He's giving you permission to gently caress her when he's gone.

Slo-Tek
Jun 8, 2001

WINDOWS 98 BEAT HIS FRIEND WITH A SHOVEL
Eh, I feel like if they are making you participant by telling you the details, then you get some say, and "nobody gets chained up if you aren't in the house with the key" is pretty reasonable.
So, yeah, it is none of your business if it is just noises coming from closed doors, but this sounds like a case where you shout your safe word. Not because kinksters are ookie and dumb and over-share, but because it is a real live liability and health and safety risk.

Slo-Tek fucked around with this message at 10:12 on Jan 13, 2014

Nude Bog Lurker
Jan 2, 2007
Fun Shoe
She's going to poo poo the bed.

Yellow Jackson
Jan 13, 2013

by Ralp
Well, he only told us about it because they'll be doing some sensory deprivation thing where he'll have loud classical music playing in the room whenever he's out, and he thought we might begin to wonder what was up after x amount of hours of Beethoven's fifth blaring on repeat.

Nude Bog Lurker
Jan 2, 2007
Fun Shoe

Yellow Jackson posted:

Well, he only told us about it because they'll be doing some sensory deprivation thing where he'll have loud classical music playing in the room whenever he's out, and he thought we might begin to wonder what was up after x amount of hours of Beethoven's fifth blaring on repeat.

Right, sorry: she going to poo poo the bed to Beethoven.

hermand
Oct 3, 2004

V-Dubbin
This feels like it's crossing the line between kink and actual torture! Consent or not, it surely can't be healthy to spend that period of time chained with music being played or whatever.

Wangsbig
May 27, 2007

Yeah you might hear her scream for help or beg for mercy, it's no big deal we do this all the time. It'll just be a couple of days, she'll be leaving secretly in the night wrapped up in a garbage bag slung over my shoulder never to be heard from again. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Dr. Lariat
Jul 1, 2004

by Lowtax
One of my roommates could have 3 women chained to their bed for 3 weeks and I would never know because I mind my own drat business and stay out of their stuff. Be like me OP, stop talking to your roommates.

nipple clumps
Apr 28, 2005
GUYS I RANKED ON THAT FIGHT :smug:

:gizz::gizz::gizz:
Is it just me or does it seem fairly irresponsible to leave a girl helplessly tied up in your bedroom with two other men in the house? I'm not saying that you or your other housemate are rapists or something, but I certainly wouldn't leave my girlfriend in that position with the majority of my friends or past room mates, especially not after telling them that a woman would be bound to my bed.

Unless that's what he/she wants. Maybe he wants you to bang his GF man, have you considered that? Who knows how deep this goes.

Wangsbig
May 27, 2007

Hey Jim, OP, how you guys doing? Just wanted to let you know I'm with a new girl, she's great. Now this isn't a sure thing yet but if you find her violently struggling to free herself of the upside down crucifix I have nailed her to just ignore it, she's kind of a kink heh

Lonely Virgil
Oct 9, 2012

OP and his other roommate could end up being held responsible if she ends up dying or someshit while tied up.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

Squared posted:

Is it just me or does it seem fairly irresponsible to leave a girl helplessly tied up in your bedroom with two other men in the house? I'm not saying that you or your other housemate are rapists or something, but I certainly wouldn't leave my girlfriend in that position with the majority of my friends or past room mates, especially not after telling them that a woman would be bound to my bed.

Unless that's what he/she wants. Maybe he wants you to bang his GF man, have you considered that? Who knows how deep this goes.

Actually, it's considered risky (as in dangerous) in BDSM circles to leave someone restrained and alone with no way to get out of it for periods of time. Supervised, this is ok since another party can remove her restraints. There's a lot of risk factors involved in leaving someone tied up/handcuffed in the same position for so long, blood flow being the first to come to mind. This is why safe words are a major thing in this kind of kink.

OP, tell your housemate that this is dangerous and potentially, you might end up getting into legal trouble if poo poo goes down (which is entirely possible). Sounds like your housemate considers himself a Dom yet is totally poo poo and hasn't done any research.

enbot
Jun 7, 2013

Yip Yips posted:

It's strange, but I don't really see why it makes you uncomfortable. Mind your own business, etc.

Yah, how unreasonable of the OP :rolleyes:

I'm sure the cops will be perfectly understanding too, if anything happens.

Wangsbig
May 27, 2007

Look your honor perhaps you see leaving a woman tied up in a room for days as classical music blares as 'something an actual literal movie villian would do', but it was either let it happen or communicate my feelings with a human being I sleep under the same room as. There was never a choice for me.

jabby
Oct 27, 2010

You aren't being unreasonable, this is a terrible idea. If someone is restrained they need to be checked on regularly and a means of releasing them needs to always be on hand. If he can't guarantee that then you should put your foot down, and it certainly sounds like he is planning on leaving her alone for long periods. That's dangerous and opens all of you up to legal liability and even criminal charges should something go wrong.

Squared posted:

I can see the room-mates thing, but you seriously wouldn't trust the majority of your friends not to rape your girlfriend if she is alone for a few hours in their company? You need some better friends.

Yip Yips
Sep 25, 2007
yip-yip-yip-yip-yip

Yellow Jackson posted:

x amount of hours of Beethoven's fifth blaring on repeat.

Well that's annoying.

enbot posted:

Yah, how unreasonable of the OP :rolleyes:

I'm sure the cops will be perfectly understanding too, if anything happens.

Oh no the copzzzzsz

Yellow Jackson
Jan 13, 2013

by Ralp

Squared posted:

James pointed this out to him, saying it was a really weird situation, but Mike said that A, both he and Jen (his girlfriend) are comfortable enough around us that it's not a big deal, and B, he'll be keeping the door locked whenever he's away, and since he's got the key it's a non-issue anyway.

Yellow Jackson fucked around with this message at 13:17 on Jan 13, 2014

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Yellow Jackson posted:

he'll be keeping the door locked whenever he's away, and since he's got the key it's a non-issue anyway.

Tell him to get his own loving apartment if he wants to literally torture someone, leaving them unsupervised, with no way for you to access them short of kicking in the door in. What the gently caress is all that.

The lesson here is never have roommates.

The Monkey Man
Jun 10, 2012

HERD U WERE TALKIN SHIT
Is she hot?

Yip Yips
Sep 25, 2007
yip-yip-yip-yip-yip

Yellow Jackson posted:

he'll be keeping the door locked whenever he's away, and since he's got the key it's a non-issue anyway.

That creates way more issues than it solves.

This has gone from weird sex thing to potentially dangerous. If it still goes down literally record both of them together saying what they're going to do and that they're ok with it.

Yellow Jackson
Jan 13, 2013

by Ralp

I've met her a couple of times and she seems really nice, but she's kinda unfortunate looking. I feel bad saying that and it's not her fault anyway, but yeah.

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed
Tell him to read Gerald's Game.

Unicorncupcake
Sep 13, 2011

This is insanely unsafe for the girl. Being locked to a bed, locked in a room, with no way to contact someone if she starts to get uncomfortable or actually unwell, and no way for people outside the room to hear if she's in distress is a terrible idea. If she gets hurt while he's out, who's responsible? This isn't how sane people do this sorts of thing, which suggests that not only is he doing something stupid, but that he hasn't done the basic research to ensure that anything they're doing is safe, which means that he probably isn't even taking the most basic precautions to make sure they're going to do this in anything approaching a safe manner. Tell your roommate that they can do what they want while he is present, but if he wants to do something that's completely irresponsible and potentially dangerous he can rent a hotel room and leave you and your roommates out of it.

NurhacisUrn
Jul 18, 2013

All I can think about is your wife and a horse.
We are working on some SERIOUS SHIT in here.

Toriori posted:

This is very good advice and also a very good book. Gerald was a total bridge-troll.

The Delores Claiborne tie in? Incredible.

Illuen
Feb 18, 2011

All comedy is derived from fear.

Toriori posted:

So you are obviously a sadist if you're recommending that book to other people.

OP, there is a safe and healthy way to do kink, and then there is the way your roomie is doing it. IIWY I'd put my foot down and tell them how uncomfortable the idea made me feel. Best case scenario, he gets huffy and they do this at her house. That way when the body is found you won't be liable.

Namarrgon
Dec 23, 2008

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!
When they come in, tell them (yes, them) the rules are that the door stays unlocked, there is a spare handcuff key next to the door and she has a way (find something) to summon you or James. If not tell them you will call the cops on Mike 5 minutes after he leaves to tell them he kidnapped someone. Whether you actually do so doesn't matter. Stay firm and repeat that this is not a negotiation.

Completely serious by the way. You might be a killjoy but they are seriously making this your problem and so they will have to work with the solution.

Illusive Fuck Man
Jul 5, 2004
RIP John McCain feel better xoxo 💋 🙏
Taco Defender
yo, this is a fire hazard

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Yellow Jackson posted:

Is this really a sex thing or are they just going above and beyond the call of duty on Clockwork Orange cosplay?

Dr. Lariat
Jul 1, 2004

by Lowtax

Illuen posted:

So you are obviously a sadist if you're recommending that book to other people.

OP, there is a safe and healthy way to do kink, and then there is the way your roomie is doing it. IIWY I'd put my foot down and tell them how uncomfortable the idea made me feel. Best case scenario, he gets huffy and they do this at her house. That way when the body is found you won't be liable.

This guy has a point, just read the 1st quarter and you'll get what the other guy was trying to say. Actually, gently caress that, spoiler: he gonna die, then a ghost may or may not appear, then shes gotta do some hosed up stuff to get out. And that last part is kinda negated by it not being an empty, secluded house, anyhow what that guy I didn't quote was trying to tell you when he said read Gerald's Game was to have your roommate checked for any heart conditions first.

MotherFuckingT-REX
Feb 8, 2011

I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT
I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT
say "no get your own house if you want to do weird sex dungeon poo poo i dont want to deal with your bullshit crazy music and locks and whatever"

Bad Roy
Jan 29, 2008

Animals are like humans, always being dicks.
Your housemate is engaging you in his stupid, dangerous sex life. This is uncool. When you tell him this, he will inevitably whinge about how horribly vanilla and dull you are. Tell him to gently caress off and to go get his own dungeon.

Seriously, couldn't give a poo poo who's kinky or not, but the ones who shove it in your face and/or play dangerously need to gently caress off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yellow Jackson
Jan 13, 2013

by Ralp

Dr. Lariat posted:

This guy has a point, just read the 1st quarter and you'll get what the other guy was trying to say. Actually, gently caress that, spoiler: he gonna die, then a ghost may or may not appear, then shes gotta do some hosed up stuff to get out. And that last part is kinda negated by it not being an empty, secluded house, anyhow what that guy I didn't quote was trying to tell you when he said read Gerald's Game was to have your roommate checked for any heart conditions first.

I've read Geralds game, but at 19 and 28 it's not like either Jen or Mike is exactly at risk of a heart attack. I'm much more concerned about a fire scenario or something.

• Locked thread