Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

The glow is a guide, my friend. Though it falls to you to avert catastrophe, you will never fight alone.
In 2 there is a co-op mode like that, yes. You and whatever loser you roped into playing with you get your hordes out and try to survive against increasing numbers of enemies. Till the point you have like half a dozen bosses on the field and your minions die like fleas. It was actually pretty fun.

The game does its cartoonish evil tongue in cheek pretty well, and makes no apologies for being crude and crass. I appreciate it. Some of it even pretty much goes "You're doing it because that's what evil overlords do, I don't have to explain myself to you."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

The glow is a guide, my friend. Though it falls to you to avert catastrophe, you will never fight alone.
Dwarves seem like a good source of labor and troops aside from minions. Don't even have to pay them, just let them get slaughtered in front of the minions with the mere promise of gold.

That said, wraiths are the best npcs in the game next to Gnarl. I did like the battle between the dwarves and regular ghouls. Always did enjoy a good three way battle.

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

I wish my computer could run this game so badly.

Where overlad came from... Is it spoilers to ask if this is supposed to be Rose's kid?

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

Friendlord made a huge mistake.

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

Theres going to be a lot of gifs by the end of this game.

Edit: Rastafarian Link is the reason he's a silent protagonist.

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

If the overlord is master of the abyss now, he needs to play when he comes home after a hard day of smiting and dominating. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCyRVEg50oQ

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

You all sound like you're having such fun just watching it. The giggling in sadistic glee from your commentators even show that the game is definitely hitting it's mark right now.

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

As all co-op games do, it descends into dickery at the end.

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

Holy poo poo, it's archimedes without his crown. Why? Look at the overlord gauntlet he's working on. Prince of Minions.

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

Well, you do know how they say pets look like their owners...

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

The whole game just oozes with charm. The developers really put a lot of love into the game.

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

Minions do love dress-up. :v:

I must have patience for tedium or something, cause I remember dominating every civilian I came across. Not cause I thought I had to or anything. Just... wanted to.

Also the second pic's crude little minion in the corner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

No forgiveness for minion killing. They may be expendable, but that doesn't mean you should. Glad you all picked domination.

Ghost Fay is kind of boring isn't she?

• Locked thread