Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
This one is always brutal to watch. Anytime somebody gets knocked out and it causes those weird limb spasms it freaks me out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wfu46ZGHm-U

Edit:

The Deadly Hume posted:

There was that thing 2-3 years ago where Jordan Lewis and that Footscray player were both going for the ball and they piled into each other. At least there weren't any lasting injuries (except perhaps for concussion) but that was pretty hard to watch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete
Oh yeah that Lewis one is terrible. The Giansiracusa/Kosi one is terrible too, makes me feel ill just thinking about it

davmo1
Jan 2, 2014
J4G Crybaby :frogout:

Shmoses posted:

Ben Johnson broke his leg in 09 from memory. The worst image I can think of off hand in footy was Lockett splattering Peter Caven's face all over the SCG in 1995 (I think?). Also that still shot of Brent Staker after the Barry Hall punch where you can see he's already knocked out and in the process of falling down is pretty horrendous.

That could be it, all i remember is cringing fierce.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
Injury video time! :barf:

Robbie Gray featuring in, knee don't bend that way. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6omfjgnHwc

This one was shocking in real time, mainly because of the blood. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3aXPI68aIA

Demons.avi https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MO_mKpr7tOM

Please play this one on mute https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6u5lKEMyxI

Holy gently caress olde-tyme futball https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXXHMrdKcoY

Paracausal fucked around with this message at 08:20 on Jan 22, 2014

boy undead
Nov 11, 2006

time to get prolific with
the whiz kid
Story goes people heard Matt Maguire's leg snap from a few levels up at Docklands.

I'm definitely not watching any of those videos. Again.

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.

Shmoses posted:

The Giansiracusa/Kosi one is terrible too, makes me feel ill just thinking about it

IS there actual footage of this? Ive never seen any before and considering it basically ended Kosi's career right then I want to see just how bad it actually was.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Got my membership package in the mail today. Stickers and such inside the pouch thingy.

Debating whether I should buy the 150th anniversary box thing (mug, pen, key-chain, bottle-opener) or the Polo shirt & Cap combo. Both are $40, hmm.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Talk of bones snapping and injuries, and no mention of Nathan Browns leg? For shame.

pkid
Jan 30, 2005

I was raised on the dairy, BITCH!

angrynaut posted:

Story goes people heard Matt Maguire's leg snap from a few levels up at Docklands.

I had headphones on but people sitting around me on Level 3 at Docklands said they heard Nathan Brown's leg snap.

I heard Chris Newman's leg snap when he kicked Leon Davis' in the leg in the wet about 5 years ago at the G but it happened not far from where I was sitting on the fence.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.

drunkill posted:

Got my membership package in the mail today. Stickers and such inside the pouch thingy.

Debating whether I should buy the 150th anniversary box thing (mug, pen, key-chain, bottle-opener) or the Polo shirt & Cap combo. Both are $40, hmm.

Yeah I got the 150 box and it's not bad. I'm going to wait until the media/team shirts are out as the membership ones are invariably poo poo.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Browns leg break was the worst I've seen in the AFL in terms of breaks. It was such a massive break without being a compound fracture. All I can remember is his foot dangling off his raised shin and the Demons player with the most gruesome look on his face as he called for the medico's.

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.
I think it was Nathan Eagleton who copped a really bad bump early one year or maybe even preseason cup. I remember him convulsing quite violently on the ground which was just sickening to watch. Sort of like the SOS one but more shaking if I remember correctly.

pkid
Jan 30, 2005

I remember that night so vividly.
When he did the injury they didn't show us on the big screens and from where I was sitting we didn't have a good view. I remember listening to Triple M and they were seeing the replay of the incident from the TV coverage and being sickened. Everyone around me was asking what had happened because I had headphones on.

Eventually they showed us on the screen and honestly it was like the stadium had been transported into space, they'd let opened the roof and every single piece of oxygen was let out. It was just awful. No one cared about the game anymore. Richmond supporters were totally devastated.

Then we started getting flogged and Richmond supporters left in their droves. I'll always remember this Melbourne supporter giving lip to Tiges fans for leaving. Real oval office of a bloke who, if circumstances were different, would have been lucky to make it out given some of the poo poo he was saying.

pkid
Jan 30, 2005

[quote="pkid" post="424752490"]
Quote is not edit, rear end in a top hat.

Corzaa
Aug 1, 2006

Shmoses posted:

Oh yeah that Lewis one is terrible. The Giansiracusa/Kosi one is terrible too, makes me feel ill just thinking about it

Then this happened

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77_VhHYb3X4

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

You are a dipshit Jake King.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
Thank you jake king for saving me from horrific injury chat.

Honestly surprised it wasnt dustin martin.

Stumbletron
Jan 3, 2006
Anti-Stumble unit is fail!
Didn't we already know he's a dickhead who is friends with bikies? Is it really a surprise he hangs out with them?

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Stumbletron posted:

Didn't we already know he's a dickhead who is friends with bikies? Is it really a surprise he hangs out with them?

The football club told him to stop associating with them, so yeah, stubborn I guess.

pkid
Jan 30, 2005

It's not a massive issue. He was going to struggle to make it into the 22 anyway this year and probably would have been delisted at years end.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
pity neeld wasnt still in charge of the dees, we could have given up a first round pick to bring him over

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.

TG-Chrono posted:

You are a dipshit Jake King.

Tell me about it, who the gently caress frequents a cafe in the loving docklands of all places?

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Maybe they thought nobody would be there, it being the docklands. Sadly he went to the part near Ch7, Ch9 and the AFL and not New Quay/Waterfront or something.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
Garland out for 4-6 weeks after ankle surgery.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

I totally remember looking this ripped as an 18 year old.

My man bits are tingling :allears:

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS
I'm sure they take all those 5min after a gym session so the muscles are still temporarily pumped with blood.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.
That's a pretty big sponsors logo.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

gay picnic defence posted:

I'm sure they take all those 5min after a gym session so the muscles are still temporarily pumped with blood.

The rest of them look like string-beans in comparison, O'Meara is a genuine beast.

The Deadly Hume posted:

That's a pretty big sponsors logo.

Sure in QLD it means "gently caress...I'm a Tory."

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:

TG-Chrono posted:

I totally remember looking this ripped as an 18 year old.

My man bits are tingling :allears:

must be all them legally sanctioned injections the afl spent all last year desperately avoiding a conversation on

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

snaeksikn posted:

must be all them legally sanctioned injections the afl spent all last year desperately avoiding a conversation on

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

DANK DRUGZ :catdrugs:
(this is not about the Cats)

Stumbletron
Jan 3, 2006
Anti-Stumble unit is fail!
420 smoke Reid everyday

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Adam Goodes got the Australian of the Year award.

I wonder if Demetriou is happy with the free AFL press.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
Nice, going to be a hell of a lot of really angry racists. I approve.

Xarb
Nov 26, 2000

Not happy.
Yeah don't go near main board on bigfooty.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

Xarb posted:

Yeah don't go near main board on bigfooty.

Went there for the first time in months after you said this. I look at it as an innoculation against the desire to go there again once the season starts.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
I enjoy reading the opinions of bogans, it is funny.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.
I enjoy watching idiots get their jimmies rustled

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

realbez posted:

I enjoy reading the opinions of bogans, it is funny.

I have poor self control when it comes to not yelling at said bogans on message boards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

"Young racist from Moe wins victim of the year"

Good on Goodesy. Does a lot behind the scenes.

• Locked thread