Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
Goddamn awesome OP. Very nice work.

I'm so ready for the AFL season now. The Ashes was fun but I just can't muster any shits to give about the ODIs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009

TG-Chrono posted:

:toxx: TG-Chrono - If Collingwood have more wins that Carlton at seasons' end, I'll get an Eddie McGuire avatar.

I'll get in on this one with you. If the Blues score more wins than the Pies I'll get an avatar of the best pic you can find of Malthouse and/or Daisy in Blues gear. I'm assuming by the end of the season there'll be plenty of good photos of them hugging, smooching, etc.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
Added the Pies 22. Apologies if I hosed up any formatting or anything; I can only use Internet Explorer on my work computer and it was being weird and lovely.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
This one is always brutal to watch. Anytime somebody gets knocked out and it causes those weird limb spasms it freaks me out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wfu46ZGHm-U

Edit:

The Deadly Hume posted:

There was that thing 2-3 years ago where Jordan Lewis and that Footscray player were both going for the ball and they piled into each other. At least there weren't any lasting injuries (except perhaps for concussion) but that was pretty hard to watch.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
In.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
Everybody always brings up the long name thing. There aren't THAT many players with crazy long names. Yes, those few players will have a smaller typeface that will be a little harder to read, but 95% of players will be fine. It's not a big deal.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009

Oh poo poo, I've got guernseys to buy. Could have been even more if it weren't for Brad Dick's shoulder.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009

TG-Chrono posted:

Ultimatefooty is up.

The only fantasy AFL (or fantasy sport of any kind) I've played is Supercoach. Anyone mind giving me a brief rundown of the differences between that and Ultimate Footy, if any?

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009

Diet Crack posted:

Ultimate footy involves drafting an actual team from the actual player pool and managing a list. You score based on the performance of your players. The main difference is that no team has the same players, each team is unique based on how you drafted and you can trade/delist/list players as you wish with no limitations per week. It's pretty much the same as any Yahoo/ESPN fantasy league for other sports. In my opinion it's way better than supercoach because it's an actual competition instead of rankings against teams that are all pretty much identical. Oh and there's no salary cap.

Supercoach draft last year was utter poo poo and I recommend staying the gently caress away from it.

Yeah I did Supercoach draft last year and I agree, it was a goddamn mess. I've just been having a look at the Ultimate Footy FAQ and it looks way better. I'm in.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009

Hey thanks for this, sincerely. Really interesting post. As a Victorian in my mid-20s I only barely remember Adelaide's entry into the AFL and had never really looked into any details of how it came about.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
I don't bet and I love the poo poo out of stats.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009

snaeksikn posted:

there was always the one good kick in the team who would always end up at full back just cos he could hit targets from kickouts regardless of how good a defender he actually was.

This was me. I was a slow runner, easily outbodied in any contest and couldn't win my own ball. But if I had a set kick I could hit a leading target on the chest. The u/18 team I played for didn't win a single game in the 2 years I played for them and we lost to the better teams by 150-200 points every time, so I got to take a lot of kick ins. It sounds miserable but it was actually a ton of fun just playing footy with my mates, getting flogged every week and under no pressure to be any good. Stopped playing after junior footy because gently caress being a complete sack of poo poo player in the seniors.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
Looks like he's wearing a white tie.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
Anyone have any idea why the Dogs/Saints game is in Geelong?

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
Thanks guys (and TG on twitter). That rings a bell now that you mention it.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
Jeff Kennett continues to be a delusional egomaniac.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...e-1226830848453

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
Well, they're playing. I can't believe this is the same ground from that vine. They did an amazing job clearing off the water.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009

cmndstab posted:

Not quite - they changed the path they back away in this year.

Didn't they used to bounce the ball and just jog backwards in a straight line? That seemed like a pretty simple way to do it. What path do they take now?

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009

hiddenmovement posted:

If you sit around biting your fingernails over your supercoach team you will change it 50 times before the season starts.

I do this and it's super fun for me because I am a sad nerd.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
Marley won't be playing at least until his sentence date (April 22nd).

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/news/2014-02-28/collingwood-statement-marley-williams

Right call.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009

thepokey posted:

Draft is this coming Friday yeah?

This Monday at 7:15.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
Yeah Scharenberg won't play at any level until about halfway through the season. At best he'll get a shot at senior level very late.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
I have no idea how I'd even go about drafting with future seasons in mind. I predict my team will be pretty ok this year and then terrible forever.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
Ah nuts, I have pick 10 in UF.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009

thepokey posted:

Cya Andy!

How did you guys see what number you'll be in the draft?

When you log in to the league, go to Pre-Season Draft. Your picks are in the right hand column. But as TG said, he's scrambling the draft order at 7, so it'll change.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
Oh poo poo. I hope everything's ok.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009

snaeksikn posted:

has there been any further developments on the marley williams thing? my memory says the trials been set back to april?

Trial is over. He was found guilty of grievous bodily harm. He's being sentenced in April.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
FOOTBALLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
Football is stupid.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009

snaeksikn posted:

to clarify: collingwoods list doesnt have any major holes in it, they were rightfully filthy with themselves getting knocked out first round of finals last year, and they turn up to their first outing for the new season against a top opponent and throw in the towel after a quarter? it just seems point to an attitude problem

This is exactly right. Apart from having an inexperienced 1st ruckman, our list is pretty solid. I wasn't really expecting a win last night but we absolutely shouldn't be a 70 point worse team than Freo in Melbourne. They completely gave up last night.

Like most people I really haven't been sure what to expect from Collingwood this season but I sure hope this isn't going to be it.

Also this:

glasnost toyboy posted:

Anyway, can we have the cricket back please? Thanks.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
I love you GWS.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
Has Dawson Simpson bulked up a bit over the pre-season? He looks huge.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009

davmo1 posted:

6th? That's knocked out first week of finals.

No it's not.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
I need WC to win to complete a very low stakes multi. First two legs were Cats and Hawks to cover the line (which the Hawks did with the last behind of the game, making that 48 point win a thriller to the end for me).

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
That Vickery goal was the greatest passage of play in the history of the game.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009

Shmoses posted:

So did anyone see The Age's new Secret Footballer column? It's obviously lifted from the Guardian column of the same name concept, but if it's even half as interesting it'll be brilliant.

The new one is certainly....something...

Edit:

"I’d consider myself the ultimate team man in regards to the manner in which I play the game, but group sex has never been my go. Maybe it stems back to my childhood when I was unwilling to share my toys with other kids. Maybe there is an underlying element of performance anxiety?"

tnimark fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Apr 2, 2014

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009

Gotta be.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
In my SC Draft league I had by far the most points over the first two rounds. Our matches start this week and now I've lost Barlow and Deledio.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
Sylvia hasn't cracked the Freo side yet, either. But I haven't been paying close attention to him so it might be due to injuries or just generally being a bit poo poo as opposed to lack of fitness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
It's Jordan Roughead Testekill is talking about. The 6-8 weeks came from the Bulldogs twitter account.

• Locked thread