Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spacman
Mar 18, 2014
Holy gently caress. I hate Fremantle, and the pincher, with a passion, however:

31 to 14 free kicks.
Crowley being intentionally kicked in the head and getting a free against him... I'm not bullshitting there, that happened.
A Dockers player was choked, hands round the neck, by a Geelong player who then did a soccer player dive and got a free.
Selwood, nuff said.

What an absolute travesty, I hate myself... Well done Freo for weathering that as well as you did.

The fix was in, but you got within a kick. Hard playing 19 guys, isn't it?

e: To clarify, I honestly and completely think a fix was in on that game, how else do you explain umpiring that gives a holding the ball decision against Fremantle when two of them were on a Cats player who had the ball in his hands? It's completely hosed up.

Spacman fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Aug 9, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacman
Mar 18, 2014

hiddenmovement posted:

Michael Johnson is out for the season.

GG FREMANTLE

Gotta be following the Shockers, they were the first guys who I was interested in post rugby league.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNb54rwDQJM

Godspeed you communist warfie fuckers.

Johnson is absolutely their best player too... Shitfuck.

Spacman
Mar 18, 2014

hiddenmovement posted:

I don't know if I'd go that far but geez hes certainly important.

He is the linchpin of the defense and smashes it every week. No Johnson, no McPharlin. It'll be a slaughter.

Spacman
Mar 18, 2014

NTRabbit posted:

They still have the imposing might of Zac Dawson

Never ever do that poo poo. It's Spud. Spud Dawson.

The fucker isn't a meal on his own, he needs a fuckload of salt, pepper, butter and a nice bit of meat to make a meal. Fucker is spud.

I'd call him crab Dawson but crab is tasty as gently caress by itself.

Spacman
Mar 18, 2014
"Hey boss, I think homophobic slurs in my place of work is of concern and creates an unsafe workplace for the homosexual members of staff"

"Maybe you should quit, then?"

An over 100 year old Australian institution with international recognisability in the year 2014.

Spacman
Mar 18, 2014

Haters Objector posted:

Also be aware that the level of vitriol directed at Lamumba is increased significantly by his skin colour. Not merely a Social Justice Warrior, but a black one!

According to Bigfooty you bringing this up makes you the real racist.

You racist.

Spacman
Mar 18, 2014
Muppet central commentary team.

Spacman
Mar 18, 2014
Heh, The freo coach grabbing a freo supporter by the throat and calling him a oval office after he gabbed him is classic as.

More classic: The media latching onto that, rather than the statement from the AFL that says there is never, ever, at any time, ever, in any case, any reason to touch in any way an AFL coach, team official, player or umpire.

Spacman
Mar 18, 2014
For the new OP!!!

If you want, I have the whole Dustin Martin handballing it through the big sticks from twenty meters out with nobody within two meters of him then him and his captain carrying on at the umps like spoiled children while Fremantle slot a goal.

Funny as gently caress.

Spacman
Mar 18, 2014
http://www.afl.com.au/video/2014-06-14/dustys-done-for-a-deliberate-behind

Spacman
Mar 18, 2014

I had a fractured skull once. They just stick it all together with plates and screws and send you back like six weeks later while high on painkillers. I can't see football training being any different than the war.

Spacman
Mar 18, 2014

Diet Crack posted:

I'm not a member anymore because it's utterly pointless until they build the new stadium.

:(

I do have Eagles stuff dating back to '94 however. We moved in '96 though so I had to start all over again by the mid 2000's and the only tickets you could get then were Dockers tickets.

You know you are exactly the kind fair weather supporter your two team town opponents make fun of, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacman
Mar 18, 2014

Spedman posted:

I very much agree, its just a matter of balance like most things, you can't have every game on a Saturday arvo, but the AFL should have one game at that time slot in Melbourne practically every week.

Just reading about the Freo season launch, and there was some chat about who the next captain will be and Lyon threw up the idea of Walters being in the mix. And this got me thinking has there been any long term Indigenous captains in AFL/VFL? Were Goodes or Polly Farmer captains? I know Stephen Michael was captain of South Freo for a few years, but thats about the limit of my knowledge.

Michael Long?

• Locked thread