Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
Masterpiece.

Also Hume it looks like you're no longer the senior poster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
Carlton made it to the semis despite mathematical impossibility :smug:

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
Great idea, haven't seen Wayne's World for ages.

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
Entertaining article about pre-season/night premiership history:
http://www.theguardian.com/sport/blog/2014/feb/18/the-joy-of-six-afls-nab-cup

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
A couple of days ago an Unblock Us rep said that they are working on watchafl.afl.com.au and will make an announcement soon:
http://support.unblock-us.com/customer/portal/questions/807217-add-a-website-afltv (right at the bottom)

This is interesting, because unlike setting up a VPN which is a tad more difficult, Unblock Us is easy enough for anyone, and most of my friends have been doing it for House of Cards. I think it'd take off pretty quickly for football. Maybe to the point that Foxtel would make them turn the site off.

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1

drunkill posted:

Eddie Betts isn't playing against Carlton tomorrow night.

Hmm.

Presume they're saving that for a regular season game.

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
I'm worried how Carlton will go now that there is a salary cap.

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
Ultimate footy looks fantastic, have entered the "Tassie Trout"

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
Doesn't matter if you're going to miss the draft, looks like you can set your prefs beforehand and they apply automatically.

Important question: is this a season-only thing or something we'll take forward? My selections depend on this. Do I pick a team to win 2014 or one to destroy everything before it from like 2016-2020?

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1

gabensraum posted:

Doesn't matter if you're going to miss the draft, looks like you can set your prefs beforehand and they apply automatically.

Important question: is this a season-only thing or something we'll take forward? My selections depend on this. Do I pick a team to win 2014 or one to destroy everything before it from like 2016-2020?

Just asking again, how do the participants feel about this? I'm likely pick a different team depending on the scenario.

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1

Diet Crack posted:

I'm not sure we're doing a keeper league? Too few teams for it to work really.

My plan if doing a keeper league was to prioritise youth, but I just spent a couple of hours doing some reading and am now exhausted so have decided gently caress it, I'm going with a set draft according to the projected score, which should at least give me a competitive team, and I can try to patch holes later through trading.

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
Hope everything's OK, TG!

tnimark posted:

When you log in to the league, go to Pre-Season Draft. Your picks are in the right hand column. But as TG said, he's scrambling the draft order at 7, so it'll change.

Looks like it had automatically scrambled every time someone new joined.

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
Ha, I'm last. Don't feel so bad about letting the system decide mine, now.

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
I am not upset with my automatic selection!

What kind of emergency set up do we have? I know you can do emergencies only for set positions or just everyone can fill any position.

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
I think I was actually well-served by the auto-selection. I would have let emotion get in the way, otherwise.

^ That's cool, I don't mind the number we have, then.

edit: We should probably move this to the site chat bit so that we don't annoy the poo poo out of everyone else.

gabensraum fucked around with this message at 11:58 on Mar 3, 2014

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1

Gough Suppressant posted:

Idk I think it has been informative to be on the other end of discussion about a pretend footy side that noone else could give a poo poo about and which has no relevance to the season.

But enough about St Kilda.

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
I thought it was time we gave Melbourne a break.

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
So on this page I have discovered that half my fantasy team is injured, thanks.

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1

Chairchucker posted:

Um MV, your penchant for spectacular plays like dunks means AFL is exactly the kind of sport you should be paying heaps of attention to, proof:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-BAaCBC1V1Q

The more I watch these the angrier I get that Walker didn't win mark of 2011. It was the mark of the century. Apologies to Ablett.

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
LET'S SEE IT AGAIN!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERTcZV7uTFU

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1

Gough Suppressant posted:

Walker isn't good enough to lace Jeremy Howe's boots hth

Howe has a greater body of work, but I think this one Walker mark beats any individual one.

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1

TG-Chrono posted:

And then there's this;

Is "the twist" that it has today's advertising? Wacky!

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1

Diet Crack posted:

Split rounds. :argh: So cruel. :cry:

I don't mind the three-week split compared to the old way. Enough games each week for it not to feel empty.

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
TG is that you who was just retweeted by Carlton FC?

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1

NTRabbit posted:

I finally remembered to get my SuperCoach team ready last night; after 90 minutes of research and selections I had all but 2 defenders selected, and clicked on a player to get complete stats.

This, of course, took me to a new page, and wiped out the previous 90 minutes work because it wasn't saved.

oh god that is terrible design

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1

TG-Chrono posted:

Ha! Yes it was.

E: all about hats too

I made the Vietnam comment.

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1

pkid posted:

I can't believe I fell for that ISBN thing in your profile.
I thought it was a real book.

SIKE

Been there for a couple of years and you're the first to have looked it up (or admitted to). So thanks!

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
I know it's too late now and it doesn't matter anyway but I like the (average-1) method for forgotten tips. Keeps you in touch but it's not a viable strategy.

I think I picked Freo tonight. That's good.

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
All good.

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
Guys I'm watching Watch AFL via getflix.com.au and it's glorious. Not perfect but better than SD. At least with this Foxtel-covered match.

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
Commentators think he's fine.

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
But you know, commentators.

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
It's no longer shameful to lose to Port. I mean now that they have a decent guernsey.

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
I would love Sunday Night Footy as a TV event but it makes NO loving SENSE if it's not on FTA, so yeah they might as well get back to twilight or afternoons to suit the crowds.

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
Carlton looked great in the first quarter so if they can score 100 in the first twenty-five minutes they're in with a shot.

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
Hahaha I get a Mulligan.

quote:

We will be awarding participating tippers correct tips and margins for all matches in all sports which occurred from
5PM AEDT Friday March 14th to Monday March 17th inclusive, as a result of the hardware and database issues that affected the footytips.com.au website and mobile platforms over the weekend.

We understand that many tippers were unable to make their selections over the weekend, and we believe this is the fairest solution for all active users.

Please note that we will not be awarding correct tips for the remainder of AFL round one from Thursday March 20 to Sunday March 23 inclusive.

We have taken steps to correct the technical problems that affected the footytips.com.au website and mobile platforms last weekend, and we are working hard to ensure you have a stable platform on which to make your tips.

We apologise again for the inconvenience this has caused.

edit: although, can't see the changes, and I didn't get this email (my Mum did) so maybe it's a specific comp or something.

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
Huge fuckup there but still better than what Yahoo did to OzTips.

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
I remember Disney on a Sunday night. Nothing made me madder than when I expected cartoons and it was some live action thing like Old Yeller instead.

gabensraum fucked around with this message at 05:47 on Mar 19, 2014

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
Barassi played 204 games for Melbourne and 50 games for Carlton but to me he's a North Melbourne coach.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
How close to the game does a team with an extended interchange have to announce who they are omitting?

• Locked thread