Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Okay, so I'm at a place now that's badly underpaying me for my job. I make 60 percent of the median pay for a sales assisstant, and the thing is, I'm slumming it with this job anyway. I have a BA and did selling for two years, I basically took this job because I had been unemployed for 9 months and I needed something, anything, and they were all "yeah, you'll be promoted to a sales rep when one of them leaves". My 60 day review is coming up, and they'll be talking about a raise.

I need a 25 percent raise to hit the "bottom 10 percent" line for sales assisstants, and gently caress if I'm going to be satisfied with that. I'm making less than half of what I made in my first job out of college. Right now, after taxes, I make about 350 dollars a week, so with student loans and my health insurance starting up soon (at 60 bucks a week!), I need a gigantic raise. I can't get my own place or anything on what they're paying me now. So, how do you negotiate after stupidly taking a job offer you didn't negotiate enough? Do I beat them over the head with BLS pay statistics and my credentials? Try to line something up so I can threaten to walk? Just get a job somewhere else?

One bargaining chip I know they're going to bring out is the stock options. I don't see a dime of that until I've been with the company for three years, and on what they're paying me now, I can't afford to do that, so it's going to be really hard to not laugh when that comes up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread